Podcast 62: Feb 2009 pt 3: What did you think?

Leave a Message to BD, general notes about the site, or ask a question on the podcast!

Moderators: BD, stillanerd

Podcast 62: Feb 2009 pt 3: What did you think?

Postby BD » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 am

Gang, the third and final show is up. What did you think?

The opening music is "Spider-Man" by the Mr. T Experience
Last edited by BD on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby gregxb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:22 am

Another great show, as usual.

Kevin, I'll be interested to know what you think of Thor when you're caught up. #600 was incredible. Classic JMS.
gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Kevin Cushing » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 am

I had so much fun recording this episode. I had to mute my mic a few times during this hour because I could not stop laughing. I about lost my sh*t when Brad was reading that Green Lantern question. Priceless! Keep 'em coming, guys! :wink:
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby spidertour02 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:15 pm

spidertour02

Postby spidertour02 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:07 pm

By the way, that Spectacular Spider-Man #250 inside front is by John Romita Sr., not Luke Ross. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! :evil: :D
spidertour02

Thanks

Postby Stanley Lieber » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:53 pm

Thanks for answering my questions. I don't mean to differ, but I read comics when I was a kid, and know some kids who read comics. I know not many do, but they do exist. :)
EXCELSIOR!!!!

Klaatu Barada Nikto

Brand New Day= Bantha Fodder

Spider-man: Kraven's Last Hunt= Almighty power of the Force

Han shot first...

Carrot juice, Carrot Juice, Carrot juice...

I wonder what the cables are for?

'Nuff said!!!

The world will look up and cry, "Save us!", and I will whisper, "No."

Infinity Gauntlet.
Stanley Lieber
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby bdog » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 pm

spidertour02 wrote:By the way, that Spectacular Spider-Man #250 inside front is by John Romita Sr., not Luke Ross. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! :evil: :D

Looks like its ross too me

bdog
Artist
Artist

Postby Leopard-Lad » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Its a joint effort by both John Romita SR and JR. You can see their signature at the bottom of the skyscraper on the right.
Delta House Member: Cyberman
Leopard-Lad
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby Spider-Girl » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:38 pm

No one ever asks me a DCU question...what's with that??? I read DC!!! JLA, Dick and Babs...
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Postby spidertour02 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Leopard-Lad wrote:Its a joint effort by both John Romita SR and JR. You can see their signature at the bottom of the skyscraper on the right.

Nuh-uh.

Let me set it down for you guys (and girls!). Of the four panels of the double-gatefold, three of them are penciled by John Romita Jr. and inked by Scott Hanna (the skyscraper signature says "JR JR + S.H."), and they connect to form a single image -- the front cover, the back cover, and the back gatefold. The front gatefold is penciled and inked by John Romita Sr. Here are the four panels, from samruby.com:

INSIDE BACK (John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna)

BACK (John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna)

FRONT (John Romita Jr. and Scott Hanna)

FRONT INSIDE (John Romita Sr.)

Hopefully that clears this up. As always, samruby.com lights the way! The page entry, by the way, is HERE.
spidertour02

Postby Hertz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:I had so much fun recording this episode. I had to mute my mic a few times during this hour because I could not stop laughing. I about lost my sh*t when Brad was reading that Green Lantern question. Priceless! Keep 'em coming, guys! :wink:

Well, seeing (and hearing) that you almost lost it makes it worth it. As a side note, I had picked up spider-man masterworks vol. 1 a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Even with the dated dialog, I can see why people liked this character right off the bat.
Hertz
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby Donomark » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:22 am

Spidertour's right cuz I have that issue.

Honestly I was a little annoyed that my questions were kinda laughed over, but whatever. I guess I had to be there.
http://cbfrevue.libsyn.com/ The Comic Book Film Revue Podcast!
http://dbznextdimension.libsyn.com/ EPISODE 32! Super Saiyan 3!
Donomark
Avenger
Avenger

Postby DeadMeat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Damn, I love this podcast. With the world $#@%ing on you, there's always this podcast to turn to brighten up your day. Thanks for keeping this podcast fun and a chaotic joy to return to each month.

Oh and Stella? I hope you receive enough funds to buy yourself a ps3; it's worth it. And to all spidey fans with a ps3, we should all get together on Home or play a game of Ultimate Alliance 1 sometime or 2 when it comes out. I wanted to also mention DC Universe Online when it's released, but I have a feeling BD will be staying away from that one.

And thanks again for a great time this month.
Wake Up and Give a $%&#
Delta Member Badman
DeadMeat
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby chimpanpower » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Kudos on another great podcast. The extended giggling session over the Green Lantern question was classic. Speaking of which, isn't it about time you put up a banner saying "SPIDER-MAN CRAWL SPACE featuring Green Lantern"?

Also, I noticed my screen name gave Brad a little trouble. Just remember, it's like a chimpanzee, but with power.
Zeta House member, Johnson
chimpanpower
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Jack O Lantern » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:32 am

Spider-Girl, f.y.i stevejrogers is a nerdy guy and an up-standing citizen. And I'm sure he could get defination if necessary.
Jack O Lantern
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Location: The Home Of The Six Nations and Grand Slam Winners. Ireland. Take that You English c**ts