Spider-Man Reboot Will Be Released on July 3rd, 2012 in 3-D

Variety is reporting that Sony has picked a release date before a script is done or any actors have been hired. Sony has picked July 3, 2012 to release the movie in 3-D. What do you think of the news?
Here are some quotes from the article.

“Spider-Man is the ultimate summer movie-going experience, and we’re thrilled the filmmakers are presenting the next installment in 3D,” said Jeff Blake, chairman of Sony Pictures worldwide marketing & distribution.

“Spider-Man is one of the most popular characters in the world, and we know audiences are eager and excited to discover Marc’s fantastic vision for Peter Parker and the franchise.”

Like it? Share it!
Previous Article

Will Topher Grace Return as Venom?

Next Article

Spider-Man 1994 Cartoon Episode # 29

You might be interested in …

10 Comments

1. I thought the script was finished before the reboot was even announced so the studio could compare the SM4 script to the reboot script before making any decisions?

2. So wait, let me get this straight.

No script + No cast= Scheduled release date?

My hopes just fell even further 🙁

3. “we know audiences are eager and excited to discover Marc’s fantastic vision for Peter Parker and the franchise”

Ummmm…. ahhhh… no.

4. A 3-D Spidey movie sounds like it could be awesome (or nauseating, depending on the camera work while he’s swinging past buildings) seems like Sony is rushing to produce this though, I’d rather wait until we have the director’s vision before deciding on the gimmicks used.

5. This whole thing has been nothing but hearsay and rumors since day one. Sony is really looking sloppy and desperate to get this done. Did we not learn anything in school? You can’t do sloppy and desperate work and expect to turn in anything good.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *