So what have you been doing since the network went down?

Discuss anything from the Atari 2600 game, all the way up to the PS3, Wii & X-Box 360 games.

Moderators: BD, Spideydude

So what have you been doing since the network went down?

Postby Wombat 909 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:43 am

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few days, a BIG rock then you'll have heard that the PS3 Network went down due to hackers (or 'External intrusion')

So have you been still playing the PS3? Or just not gone on it. I've been playing the single player of Enslaved, working on getting some trophies and completing the game on Hard. Other than that I've just been studying for exams.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Wombat 909
Avenger
Avenger

Re: So what have you been doing since the network went down?

Postby Thrawn » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 am

I was playing Soul Caliber 4 and then I got the new Mortal Kombat in the mail, and now I'm working on my mk trophies. They do need to hurry up and fix it though. I need to download my classic Mortal Kombat skins, and I can't do that if I can't log in. [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]
"now face off in the most brutal of combats...fighting vicariously through fictional characters. Tremble, mortals." - Shang Chi
ImageImage
Thrawn
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby spidertour02 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 am

Nothing's changed for me -- I don't play much multiplayer.
spidertour02

Postby AmFan15 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm

As far as playing games online, I don't mind it being down briefly. I only play online sporadically anyway.
However, what DOES piss me off about it is that I can't access my Netflix account, since I can't sign in. I'm still getting charged for it, even though I can't use it at all. That sucks. :evil:
"Whether Aunt May dies or not isn't the question. If she dies, does it mean anything beyond a brief sales spike because collectors/speculators think they'll be able to make a profit selling the book later? That is the question. Back when, Stan and company won our hearts and minds. I cared about Spider-Man and the other Marvel characters as though they were friends. I cared every time Aunt May got sick. That's what good creative work does."

--Jim Shooter--

AmFan15

Postby spidertour02 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Well, it looks like there's been a massive security breach. If you have your account linked to a credit card, you're probably fucked. Sony is already doing damage control as to why they didn't tell people this sooner. It's getting very, very ugly.
spidertour02

Postby AmFan15 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 pm

spidertour02 wrote:Well, it looks like there's been a massive security breach. If you have your account linked to a credit card, you're probably fucked. Sony is already doing damage control as to why they didn't tell people this sooner. It's getting very, very ugly.

Well, this is just WONDERFUL. After a crappy day at work, a weekend that featured a bike accident (from which I suffered a broken tooth, along with multiple scrapes & bruises), and now this.
This week just keeps getting better and better... :evil:
"Whether Aunt May dies or not isn't the question. If she dies, does it mean anything beyond a brief sales spike because collectors/speculators think they'll be able to make a profit selling the book later? That is the question. Back when, Stan and company won our hearts and minds. I cared about Spider-Man and the other Marvel characters as though they were friends. I cared every time Aunt May got sick. That's what good creative work does."

--Jim Shooter--

AmFan15

Postby spidertour02 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Here come the lawsuits! I told you this was going to get ugly.
spidertour02

Postby dornwolf » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:30 pm

spidertour02 wrote:Nothing's changed for me -- I don't play much multiplayer.

Ditto on this

AmFan15 wrote:
spidertour02 wrote:Well, it looks like there's been a massive security breach. If you have your account linked to a credit card, you're probably fucked. Sony is already doing damage control as to why they didn't tell people this sooner. It's getting very, very ugly.

Well, this is just WONDERFUL. After a crappy day at work, a weekend that featured a bike accident (from which I suffered a broken tooth, along with multiple scrapes & bruises), and now this.
This week just keeps getting better and better... :evil:

I'm rather surprise that this hasn't happend earlier. Kinda shocked that Microsoft hasn't been hit by something similar.
PSN: karasthecrow

dornwolf
Avenger
Avenger

Postby tnr105 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:25 pm

I have an Xbox 360, and Xbox Live is working just fine :P I know people have problems with the subscription fee, but in this case I guess, you get what you pay for :wink:
"Children play in the shadow of the Spider-Dong!" -George Berryman, Episode 309
tnr105
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Wombat 909 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:36 pm

tnr105 wrote:I have an Xbox 360, and Xbox Live is working just fine :P I know people have problems with the subscription fee, but in this case I guess, you get what you pay for :wink:

*shakes fist*

A few of my friends are annoyed the network is down, now they can't play SOCOM or Portal 2 online. I play online often but not so much that I can't survive without it. I can easily put in a single player game and be just as entertained. However it does feel strange not to get signed onto the network whenever I log on and I'd feel much more comfortable with it back online.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Wombat 909
Avenger
Avenger

Postby spidertour02 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm

tnr105 wrote:I have an Xbox 360, and Xbox Live is working just fine :P I know people have problems with the subscription fee, but in this case I guess, you get what you pay for :wink:

I'm assuming that you weren't a member in December of '08 when Xbox Live was down FOR A MONTH. :lol:
spidertour02

Postby Aziz » Sun May 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Nothing, cause I never connect my consoles to the network
Been playing Resident Evil 5 to defeat Wesker, then it went on to defeat the whole story in less than 5 hours to gain the infinite launcher
From Scimitar to Merciless, and I'm barely violent :p
Jim Lee is not the first to draw Batman in that pose
BATMAN is an awesome movie
Aziz
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Enigma_2099 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Delta House member: Werewolf
"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~
Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger