Podcast 215 Feb 2013-What did you think?

Leave a Message to BD, general notes about the site, or ask a question on the podcast!

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Podcast 215 Feb 2013-What did you think?

Post by BD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 am

The second show of Feb is up, what did you think?

The opening song is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtIwOL4rEZE
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Podcast 215 Feb 2013-What did you think?

Post by BD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 am

Since I mention it in the beginning of the show. Here's the trailer to Skin Deep with John Ritter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDsVpVrvtw
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Spot
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by The Spot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 am

I enjoyed listening to it, but I have one criticism. I enjoyed the message board questions, and having the reviews after the questions made sense, but what I didnt like was the 1st review but not the others, I understand the editing and stuff, but I just prefer listening to the reviews in one go/pod-cast. To me it just made it feel disjointed. Not strictly a criticism to you, just my personal preference.

Otherwise good podcast like always.

Oh and I listened to your last few podcasts again, and someone mentioned about the 90s cartoons not being avialble as DvDs, just thought I'd mention here that both the 90s Spidey and X-Men series' are available as DVDs in the UK.

Aziz
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Aziz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:02 am

I really like Skin Deep, did not feel forcing attachment to USM, and by the end of flashbacks Chuckie moved out of town
Charlie was a good guinea pig for Harry Osborn to test his anti-molten serum :p

Oh my, Spectacular Spider-Man Annual 8 is a pain to read, it's half-@$$ed
Spider-Man smacking his wife is ignored, but poor Hank Pym is remembered as a wife beater [smilie=spidey_caught.gif]

Fun imitation of Carlie haters. Shoelaces jokes are so overused and that's why you did not say it?
I still like Carlie Cooper

Poor Iron Man, he did most of the heavy lifting, but all he did is ignored in favor of a few moments with Hulk in the final battle of the Avengers film

A joke about the Insidious Six had to be there :lol:
The thing with Ultimate Six, Norman wanted Spider-Man to join him

You have the toilet paper? I saw images of it, posted it on Josh Keaton's wall and had a little fun with him about it

About budget, the upcoming Mortal Kombat film is given the (initial) budget of $40 million, suppose a director for the series can manage to do that with a SPider-Man TV series. Big Time What If?

BD: Don't make me cry over turning Gabriel O'Hara to the evil Goblin 2099, he was the brother I liked more. I don't want the same to happen to Jessica Carradine

Dude, you forgot the other Rhino? The one Sasha Kravinoff hired and he killed Alexie's (Alex O'Hirn) wife Oxana? Kev remembers him
2 Kangaroos
Female Doc Ock, then Luke Carlyle
Fusion 1 and Fusion 2 count?
From Scimitar to Merciless, and I'm barely violent :p
BATMAN is an awesome movie

Are movies like, a new religion or something? Someone who hates and pokes fun at a popular movie is considered blasphemous or a wrong doer? Made a mistake that is not supposed to happen? Seriously?

YouTube channel Please don't use ad block, ads are how I'm supposed to get paid from my videos.

BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Post by BertoneBeatle » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:05 am

AbdulAziz wrote: Fun imitation of Carlie haters. Shoelaces jokes are so overused and that's why you did not say it?
I still like Carlie Cooper
Thanks.

The Carlie Hammer was a very real thing for a while. Around 2010 it was on overdrive and ripe for parody. I feel like it's calmed down since then and is almost non-existent, but I still see people on guard for it and ready to jump on Marvel the second Carlie does something competent.

The Spot
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by The Spot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:17 am

AbdulAziz wrote: Dude, you forgot the other Rhino? The one Sasha Kravinoff hired and he killed Alexie's (Alex O'Hirn) wife Oxana? Kev remembers him
2 Kangaroos
Female Doc Ock, then Luke Carlyle
Fusion 1 and Fusion 2 count?
Your forgetting the Vulture too, Tombs, Blackie and im probably missing some

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by BD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 pm

The Spot wrote:I enjoyed listening to it, but I have one criticism. I enjoyed the message board questions, and having the reviews after the questions made sense, but what I didnt like was the 1st review but not the others, I understand the editing and stuff, but I just prefer listening to the reviews in one go/pod-cast. To me it just made it feel disjointed. Not strictly a criticism to you, just my personal preference.
I agree, I like to keep the reviews together too, but I had to do the mb questions first this month since I lost Don and Bertone. I also had to break it at that hour point to make 4 shows that are roughly an hour each. It's just the way it worked, but it left you wanting more which isn't a bad thing.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donomark
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Donomark » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah, you're gonna like the next episode where we all systematically savage SSM#2. It'll be well worth the wait.

The Spot
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by The Spot » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Donomark wrote:Yeah, you're gonna like the next episode where we all systematically savage SSM#2. It'll be well worth the wait.
It wasn't THAT bad ;-)

Donomark
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Donomark » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

The Spot wrote:
Donomark wrote:Yeah, you're gonna like the next episode where we all systematically savage SSM#2. It'll be well worth the wait.
It wasn't THAT bad ;-)
Ohhhhh...don't listen to the next ep then. [smilie=spidey_shrug.gif]

DarkKnightJared
Avenger
Avenger

Post by DarkKnightJared » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm

They broke up Widow and Bucky? :shock: That sucks. I don't know if I'd quite compare it to OMD, though, from what I've hearing of what happened. I think I'd need to hear just HOW Nat's memories got wiped before I would make that comparison.

As for other legacy Batman villains, there was also another Mad Hatter back in the 60s, who had more of a hat theme instead of Alice in Wonderland.

See, to me I liked the addition of Ghost Peter and trying to figure out how to fix things, because I think I would get sick and tired of "Doc Ock as Douchebag Spider-Man" WAY faster than I would of what we're getting of Peter trying to figure out what happened, watching his life from outside himself, learning how he could improve as a superhero while trying to keep his thief of his identity semi straight-and-narrow.

Good episode. :)

666andahalf
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by 666andahalf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:30 am

Hey Brad,

I loved the format this month with the message board questions first. I feel a lot of time by the time when the MB questions come around, it's more about blowing through them than getting a good answer (which is completely understandable, seeing as how it's usually been 3-6 hours of recording by the time you all get there). This time, I felt everyone was able to take more time in answering the questions that were asked.

What did you guys think about doing it this way?
"With great power... comes great fun!" - Topher Grace describing Venom.

"Venom is Eddie Brock and the alien symbiote. Anyone else is not Venom. You can call it Venom, it can look like Venom... it's not going to be Venom." - David Michelinie
Kevin Cushing wrote:Bad writing is Venom's greatest weakness.

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by BD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 am

It was nice to mix it up, but I'm not a fan of it.

I thought the news at the end of the show got slighted. Also JR got a bit tired and we'd run long with so much time spent on the MB questions that we had to dump Spider-History which is one of my favorite segments. I did it this way this month because Bertone and Don had to leave early.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tnr105
Avenger
Avenger

Post by tnr105 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:42 am

DarkKnightJared wrote:They broke up Widow and Bucky? :shock: That sucks. I don't know if I'd quite compare it to OMD, though, from what I've hearing of what happened. I think I'd need to hear just HOW Nat's memories got wiped before I would make that comparison.

As for other legacy Batman villains, there was also another Mad Hatter back in the 60s, who had more of a hat theme instead of Alice in Wonderland.

See, to me I liked the addition of Ghost Peter and trying to figure out how to fix things, because I think I would get sick and tired of "Doc Ock as Douchebag Spider-Man" WAY faster than I would of what we're getting of Peter trying to figure out what happened, watching his life from outside himself, learning how he could improve as a superhero while trying to keep his thief of his identity semi straight-and-narrow.

Good episode. :)
The Black Widow of all people, was used as a damsel in distress. :/ The villain went after her to get at Bucky, they rebrainwashed her and wiped her memory.
Kevin Cushing not only called me a good friend, but agrees with my taste in comics. That there's signature worthy! [smilie=spidey_dude.gif]
"Children play in the shadow of the Spider-Dong!" -George Berryman, Episode 309

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadGoblin » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 am

BD wrote:Also JR got a bit tired
It was past my nap time!