Marvel Fight Club #4 - 'A-Quack-alypse Now!'

Home of the Crawl Space Tournaments, Marvel Fight Club and other Fight Club action! Who wins - The Tick or Magnus, Robot Fighter? It's all here!

Moderators: George Berryman, PartyHardy, AmFan15, BD

A-Quack-alypse Now! - Who Wins?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:05 pm

MODOK
28%
Ronan the Accuser
72%

Total votes: 18

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Marvel Fight Club #4 - 'A-Quack-alypse Now!'

Post by George Berryman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:05 pm

It's Tuesday - time for MARVEL FIGHT CLUB!

And now, from the Spidey Friday Night Fights Studio, here's your hostess - "JENNIFER "SHE-HULK" WALTERS!"

"Hey hey hey, Crawl Spacers! It's me, the Gammazon Who Brings It On, the Lime Green Litigator, the Jade Giantess, the Sensational She-Hulk! Who loves you and who do you love?!

"Each and every Tuesday Marvel Fight Club (inspired by Funnykay) will bring you a completely random fight. The combatants are chosen randomly, as is the location. Anything and everything can and will happen here. The fights are going to range from the jaw-droppingly astonishing to the eye-rolling absurd. And you, the Crawl Spacers at home, will have the final say.

"The voting will last for three days and then the fight will be briefly mentioned with commentary at the end of the following Spidey Friday Night Fight on the Crawl Space Main Page.

"Last week in Marvel Fight Club #3 - 'Crisis in the Colosseum!' - Miami crimelord Ulysses 'the Slug' Lugman got more than he bargained for when he took on the Pryde of the X-Men, Kitty Pryde, in the Roman Colosseum. 95% of our Crawl Space audience voted for Kitty, who quickly made mincemeat out of the Slug's bodyguards before turning on the man himself. So Kitty gets one in the win column and the Slug gets rolled out to Roly Poly Penitentiary.

"But the question on everyone's minds tonight is... Will we get a more even match up this week or will it be another blow out like the last two weeks? And I don't want to brag or anything but both of the one-sided wins thus far have gone to the gals. Huzzah!

"Alright, blow out or nail biter? Let's switch to our FightClub-A-Tron 3000 cam and see who tonight's combatants are!"

WHHRRR! WHHRRR! ZZZTT! ZZZTT!

DING!

"He's a Kree badboy who comes complete with his own customized Jump-to-Conclusions Mat. When he's not pointing the cosmic finger at someone he can be found getting into scrapes with groups like the Fantastic Four or the Avengers. Armed with his mighty 'Universal Weapon' (is that what they're calling it these days?) our first combatant is short on humor and long on hurt. He's also currently in an arranged marriage with Crystal of the Inhumans. Give a massive Crawl Space "Hey There!' to Ronan the Accuser!!"

"And next up, hovering onto the battlefield, we've got one of Advanced Idea Mechanics' most backward creations. Resembling a colossal head with tiny limbs wedged into a giant hovering high chair our second combatant has but one thing on his mind: Killing! How do we know? It's right there in his name, folks - Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing. And that's precisely what he's tried to do when going up against most of the Marvel Universe heroes at one time or another. Especially Captain America, Iron Man and the Hulk. You know him, you love him, you can't live without him except for maybe when he's trying to melt your face off... please give a warm shout out to MODOK!"

"Our final random factor is our location. There are over 240 possible fight locations for the FightClub-A-Tron 3000 to randomly choose from and they vary from locations unique and specific to the Marvel Universe all the way to real world spots of interest that would also exist in the Marvel Universe.

"Here to give us the low down on our fight venue is one of the smartest beings alive, via satellite from Wundagore Mountain in Transia, please welcome the High Evolutionary!"

"Hello, Jennifer. Hello, Crawl Space patrons. The FightClub-A-Tron 3000 has randomly selected Duckworld as tonight's random fight venue."

"Duckworld - the home world of Howard the Duck - is a mirror of Earth except that the planet is entirely populated with humanoid, anthropomorphic cartoon ducks. Whereas Earth has New York City and Washington, D.C., Duckworld has Wackington, D.C. and New Stork City. New Stork, coindicentally, is the city where Howard lived before being brought to Earth via the Nexus of All Realities in the Florida Everglades. If you picture our own Earth, but with duck-men instead of humans, you generally get the idea behind Duckworld. Back to you, Jennifer."

"Thanks, High E! Wow. So we finally get a couple of heavy hitters and lo and behold, where do they wind up fighting? A cartoon planet. Oh man. I'd hate to be on Duckworld when these two go at it. How do you guys like your New Storkers... fried, baked or grilled? Well the fans demanded it, and we delivered. Completely random fight locations.

"That's your fight tonight! A cosmic powerhouse and a murder-minded mechanical monstrosity. Who wins? Who loses? You have three days to vote and the fight will be looked at by George Berryman at the end of next Friday's Spidey Friday Night Fights. So vote and use this time to discuss the fight with your fellow Crawl Spacers.

"And maybe if we ask super nicely the winner of tonight's match will bring us back some Duckworld postcards!"

"For George Berryman, High E and all the Marvel Fight Club & Spidey Friday Night Fights crew this is Jennifer Walters, signing off and saying "RAWR!" Hit me with that theme song, Herb Alpert!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-t-g_msR2o
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

Dr_Folsome
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Re: Marvel Fight Club #4 - 'A-Quack-alypse Now!'

Post by Dr_Folsome » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:42 am

i took Ronan, i think the Universal Weapon gives him the edge...also b/c i think he's got the advantage on Duck-world... [smilie=greengoblin.gif]

Now if he was going against Moduck on Duckworld, i think i'd take Moduck...

Check out my Norman Osborn website at The Green Goblin's Hideout

Tonyd117
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Tonyd117 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 am

I voted for MODOK strictly due to my 5 year olds love for him on Superhero Squad. :mrgreen:
Delta Tau Chi Brother - "Screamer"

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

"The day I feel personally offended by someone on the internet is the day I get rid of my computer." - insaneJonny

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 am

I had to go with Ronan, due to his total lack of suckage. As opposed to his opponent...
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 am

Ronan, because he isn't MODOK. [smilie=greengoblin.gif]
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Thrawn
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Thrawn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:22 am

MODOK is lame. That is all. Ronan easily decimated the floating head.

Now as for DuckWorld, since Disney now owns Marvel, do you think there's a chance these guys could go to Duck Burg and run into Gizmo Duck? That'd be awesome.
"now face off in the most brutal of combats...fighting vicariously through fictional characters. Tremble, mortals." - Shang Chi
ImageImage

AmFan15

Post by AmFan15 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:47 am

This is the perfect example of the environment affecting the outcome:

When the combatants enter the Duckworld arena, at first the ducks are terrified and confused. Then, in their confusion, they realize something...Modok's head looks like a giant flying egg! They all jump on top of him, trying to hatch him, and the weight proves too much for his hoverchair.
Ronan then seizes the opportunity, and blasts Modok to smithereens.

Death by ducks...how despicable!! [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]
"Whether Aunt May dies or not isn't the question. If she dies, does it mean anything beyond a brief sales spike because collectors/speculators think they'll be able to make a profit selling the book later? That is the question. Back when, Stan and company won our hearts and minds. I cared about Spider-Man and the other Marvel characters as though they were friends. I cared every time Aunt May got sick. That's what good creative work does."

--Jim Shooter--

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:49 am

AmFan15 wrote:When the combatants enter the Duckworld arena, at first the ducks are terrified and confused. Then, in their confusion, they realize something...Modok's head looks like a giant flying egg! They all jump on top of him, trying to hatch him, and the weight proves too much for his hoverchair.
Defeated by Duck Ass? I'm "down" with that... 8)
"Old School"

CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by CrazyChris » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:22 am

This isn't as easy as the last few were, but I'm going with Ronan. From what I know about Ronan, seems to be powerful enough to hang with "cosmic" opponents, and MODOK is merely armed with inferior Earth science. It may be some of the most advanced, powerful, psionic Earth science there is, but I still don't think he can withstand Ronan's power. Plus, Ronan is a tactical genius, and MODOK always seemed kind of dumb, or at least short-sighted, to me, despite having such a huge noggin. Also, Ronan has been all over the Universe, whereas MODOK is strictly Earth-based, so Ronan can adapt to the strange environment of Duck World more easily because he's used to fighting in weird places.

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 am

I went with MODOK here. He's got heavy mental powers despite being a cybernetic lunatic and he's even given the Hulk and Captain America problems in the past.

I mean in real life sure, we'd point and laugh cause he's like a giant floating head. And then he'd melt our brains with his mind beams or make us kill one another with mind control.

Ronan's built cosmic-tough, sure. But he doesn't have that renegade "I'm batshit crazy" factor like MODOK. I think MODOK would be a bit unpredictable for him.
"Old School"

AmFan15

Post by AmFan15 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:48 am

George Berryman wrote:
AmFan15 wrote:When the combatants enter the Duckworld arena, at first the ducks are terrified and confused. Then, in their confusion, they realize something...Modok's head looks like a giant flying egg! They all jump on top of him, trying to hatch him, and the weight proves too much for his hoverchair.
Defeated by Duck Ass? I'm "down" with that... 8)
Wow, these jokes are getting "foul"! [smilie=spidey_thumbs.gif]
"Whether Aunt May dies or not isn't the question. If she dies, does it mean anything beyond a brief sales spike because collectors/speculators think they'll be able to make a profit selling the book later? That is the question. Back when, Stan and company won our hearts and minds. I cared about Spider-Man and the other Marvel characters as though they were friends. I cared every time Aunt May got sick. That's what good creative work does."

--Jim Shooter--

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 am

AmFan15 wrote:
George Berryman wrote:Defeated by Duck Ass? I'm "down" with that... 8)
Apparently there's a new pun tax; we're gonna have to pay the "bill."
"Old School"

AmFan15

Post by AmFan15 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:28 pm

George Berryman wrote:
AmFan15 wrote:
George Berryman wrote:Defeated by Duck Ass? I'm "down" with that... 8)
Apparently there's a new pun tax; we're gonna have to pay the "bill."
(OK, one last pun) Oh, GB, you really "quack" me up... :lol:

That's it! No more for me...Think I'll take a trip to clear my head...someplace I can drive a race car, shoot lasers, or fly aeroplanes..,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwH1taatvyM

--Jim Shooter--

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:10 pm

I'd make another pun but I don't want to "egg" you on. I voted for Ronan. Although I have never heard of him before he looks more intimidating than the floating midget head. I always thought Modok was ridiculous and that Universal Waepon sounds formidable.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 pm

George Berryman wrote:I went with MODOK here. He's got heavy mental powers despite being a cybernetic lunatic and he's even given the Hulk and Captain America problems in the past.

I mean in real life sure, we'd point and laugh cause he's like a giant floating head. And then he'd melt our brains with his mind beams or make us kill one another with mind control.

Ronan's built cosmic-tough, sure. But he doesn't have that renegade "I'm batshit crazy" factor like MODOK. I think MODOK would be a bit unpredictable for him.
Let's be real here, man. Ronan gon' beat that ass.

Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey