Marvel Fight Club #3 - 'Crisis in the Colosseum!'

Home of the Crawl Space Tournaments, Marvel Fight Club and other Fight Club action! Who wins - The Tick or Magnus, Robot Fighter? It's all here!

Moderators: George Berryman, PartyHardy, AmFan15, BD

Crisis in the Colosseum! - Who Wins?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:01 am

Kitty Pryde
95%
The Slug
5%

Total votes: 20

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Marvel Fight Club #3 - 'Crisis in the Colosseum!'

Post by George Berryman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:01 am

It's Tuesday - time for MARVEL FIGHT CLUB!

And now, from the Spidey Friday Night Fights Studio, here's your hostess - "JENNIFER "SHE-HULK" WALTERS!"

"Hey hey hey, Crawl Spacers! It's me, the Gammazon Who Brings It On, the Lime Green Litigator, the Jade Giantess, the Sensational She-Hulk! Who loves you and who do you love?!

"Each and every Tuesday Marvel Fight Club (inspired by Funnykay) will bring you a completely random fight. The combatants are chosen randomly, as is the location. Anything and everything can and will happen here. The fights are going to range from the jaw-droppingly astonishing to the eye-rolling absurd. And you, the Crawl Spacers at home, will have the final say.

"The voting will last for three days and then the fight will be briefly mentioned with commentary at the end of the following Spidey Friday Night Fight on the Crawl Space Main Page.

"Last week in Marvel Fight Club #2 - 'They Met For MURDER!' - Misty Knight found herself in Arcade's Murder World up against the Foolkiller. A deadly game of cat and mouse? Not so much, according to you Crawl Spacers. With a whopping 92% of the vote you picked Misty Knight as the winner of that match. At least a couple of you were swayed by the fact that Foolkiller "owned a van." But twenty-two more felt that Foolkiller didn't have a prayer against Misty Knight!

"So let's switch to our FightClub-A-Tron 3000 cam and see who tonight's combatants are!"

WHHRRR! WHHRRR! ZZZTT! ZZZTT!

DING!

"Our first combatant hails from the Florida area where he's cornered the market on crime. This half a ton of fun is constantly surrounded by a small army of bodyguards and is too big to stand or move on his own but his mind's usually working several steps ahead of his opponents! Give a big Crawl Space "Hello!" to Ulysses Lugman - the Slug!!"

"Next on tonight's card... she's the darling of the mutant community! Marvel fans have watched her grow up from an awkward, unsure teen into a less awkward and unsure badass due to her time spent with the X-Men, Excalibur and SHIELD. When she's not phasing through a wall to ninja-kick you she's hacking your bank account online with her elite computer skills. Give it up for the 'Pryde' of the X-Men, aka Shadowcat... Kitty Pryde!"

"Our final random factor is our location. There are over 240 possible fight locations for the FightClub-A-Tron 3000 to randomly choose from and they vary from locations unique and specific to the Marvel Universe all the way to real world spots of interest that would also exist in the Marvel Universe.

"Here to give us the low down on our fight venue is one of the smartest beings alive, via satellite from Wundagore Mountain in Transia, please welcome the High Evolutionary!"

"Hello, Jennifer. Hello, Crawl Space patrons. The FightClub-A-Tron 3000 has randomly selected the Roman Colosseum as tonight's random fight venue."

"Built in the first century A.D. by the Roman Emperor Vespasian, the Roman Colosseum was the site of staged battles for the enjoyment of both the Emperor and the citizens of Rome. Gladiators would fight one another or any number of animals including elephants, rhinos, hippos, giraffes, lions, bears, crocodiles and tigers. Naval battles were also not uncommon. The Colosseum floor was a working stage where trees, buildings and even canals could be set up for the different battles. Christians were also sent to their deaths, or martyred, at this site against gladiators or animals. By the 5th century A.D. the site was being used for various other purposes and sections of the building that had been damaged by fires and earthquakes were used for building construction elsewhere. Back to you, Jennifer."

"Thanks, High E! So it's a cute & irresistible force up against a rollable object! Don't stay around him too long Kitty - you might find yourself orbiting the guy! Well the fans demanded it, and we delivered. Completely random fight locations.

"That's your fight tonight! A criminal slug and a mutie cutie. Who wins? Who loses? You have three days to vote and the fight will be looked at by George Berryman at the end of next Friday's Spidey Friday Night Fights. So vote and use this time to discuss the fight with your fellow Crawl Spacers.

"Hey, I wonder how much it costs to have that many bodyguards anyway. After the fight we can ask the Slug!

"For George Berryman, High E and all the Marvel Fight Club & Spidey Friday Night Fights crew this is Jennifer Walters, signing off and saying "RAWR!" Hit me with that theme song, Herb Alpert!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-t-g_msR2o
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

AmFan15

Re: Marvel Fight Club #3 - 'Crisis in the Colosseum!'

Post by AmFan15 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am

Does The Slug have his men with him, or is it just him?

Because the way I see it, the ONLY way he has a chance is if she's VERY outnumbered...Otherwise, Kitty just phases through his folds (How gross does that sound?), and her ninja training does the rest!

"Whether Aunt May dies or not isn't the question. If she dies, does it mean anything beyond a brief sales spike because collectors/speculators think they'll be able to make a profit selling the book later? That is the question. Back when, Stan and company won our hearts and minds. I cared about Spider-Man and the other Marvel characters as though they were friends. I cared every time Aunt May got sick. That's what good creative work does."

--Jim Shooter--

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 am

AmFan15 wrote:Does The Slug have his men with him, or is it just him?
Yeah he's got bodyguards. When you look at his appearances in the MU he's seldom alone, let alone fighting anyone. He's different than say, the Kingpin, who has bodyguards but who has also gone to toe-to-toe with various heroes a lot.
AmFan15 wrote:Because the way I see it, the ONLY way he has a chance is if she's VERY outnumbered...Otherwise, Kitty just phases through his folds (How gross does that sound?), and her ninja training does the rest!
This is a girl who Wolverine once said he was comfortable knowing she had his back in a fight. He's trained her in fighting before and knows her capabilities... I'd say a group of armed bodyguards wouldn't stop her all that much.
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Funnykay » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:28 am

Going with Kitty Pryde. She phases through the body-guards, using her ninja training to take them out. Then, Kitty takes the Slug on an adventure and traps him in-between one of the openings of the Coliseum.

Or as Ice-T on Law & Order SVU would say: Case Closed:

So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee

AmFan15

Post by AmFan15 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:35 am

In that case, Ninja Kitty claims it either way!

"Whether Aunt May dies or not isn't the question. If she dies, does it mean anything beyond a brief sales spike because collectors/speculators think they'll be able to make a profit selling the book later? That is the question. Back when, Stan and company won our hearts and minds. I cared about Spider-Man and the other Marvel characters as though they were friends. I cared every time Aunt May got sick. That's what good creative work does."

--Jim Shooter--

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 am

Quid Malum?!! Who voted for Slug?!?!?!

Go Kitty!
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Tonyd117
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Tonyd117 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 am

This is another blowout. A veteran member of the X-Men versus a fat guy with bodyguards. And he can't even fall on her to win this, she'd just phase right through him. Kitty wins easily.
Delta Tau Chi Brother - "Screamer"

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

"The day I feel personally offended by someone on the internet is the day I get rid of my computer." - insaneJonny

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:24 am

Kitty has got this in the bag. I mean she's been trained by freakin' WOLVERINE, no amount of thugs or their fat boss can stop her. Plus she is one of my favorite X-Men. So more bias [smilie=greengoblin.gif]

Kitty for the win. [smilie=spidey_thumbs.gif]
Last edited by Shadow116 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Dr_Folsome
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Dr_Folsome » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 am

i took KP, if it were against the blob, i wouldve given it more thought...and besides, it looks like Spider-Girl changed her avatar for this occasion...how do you go against that?? answer: you don't... [smilie=greengoblin.gif]

Check out my Norman Osborn website at The Green Goblin's Hideout

Venomaniac
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venomaniac » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:43 am

Kitty!

If you liked Lost... you will love Fringe
If you liked the X-Files... you will love Fringe

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/11 ... ringe.html
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20649
http://www.fringebloggers.com/just-the- ... more-21165
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20971
If there is any sports team that Spider-Man embodies...it is the New York Islanders
The Wave Beam: shoots electric Kitty Prydes at people at the speed of light. -CrazyChris

Thrawn
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Thrawn » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 am

Crisis in the Coliseum!

Even sounds like an old school Marvel title (It probably even is).

I suppose Kitty is just too resourceful for the Slug. Go back to the diner Sluggy.

"now face off in the most brutal of combats...fighting vicariously through fictional characters. Tremble, mortals." - Shang Chi
ImageImage

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:54 am

This isn't a fight - it's Slug's execution. Kitty wins easily 10/10.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Ladyspider
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Ladyspider » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:57 pm

This is not even a fair fight, Kitty wins.
Delta Tau Chi member - Widow-Maker

thjan
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by thjan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:This isn't a fight - it's Slug's execution. Kitty wins easily 10/10.
Ladyspider wrote:This is not even a fair fight, Kitty wins.
Yeah, I agree. Kitty for the win!

CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by CrazyChris » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Slug may as well be fighting a Roman god in that colosseum. No matter how many body guards or fat rolls he has, there's just nothing they can do to a woman who can turn intangible. She has the most effective defensive power I can think of, plus killer offensive skills. This is a massacre.