Podcast # 491-Spider News What Did You Think?

Leave a Message to BD, general notes about the site, or ask a question on the podcast!

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Podcast # 491-Spider News What Did You Think?

Post by BD » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:22 am

What did you think of the show?

Here's the opening music.
https://youtu.be/FwADxFzWWPA
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Re: Podcast # 491-Spider News What Did You Think?

Post by Spideydude » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:33 am

George and I made up between shows.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Frontier
Avenger
Avenger

Re: Podcast # 491-Spider News What Did You Think?

Post by Frontier » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am

I was always under the impression that the Goblin Serum exacerbated the underlying madness behind Norman's psyche to drive him insane and create the Green Goblin. At least, that's the theory that most media seem to latch onto when it comes to Norman.

I dunno, I saw quite a few sites catch onto the "Akira Yoshida" thing once CBR reported it, and a lot of reactions on twitter. I don't think it was a positive PR moment for Marvel, particularly with everything else going on.

Why did Brad flip the names? "Kid-Arachnid" and "Ghost Spider" became "Arachnid-Kid" and "Spider Ghost" :P .

Miles is a Spider-Man and Gwen is part of the franchise. I think that warrants discussing them on a Spider-Man podcast. I know George would have no problem talking about Miguel.

I don't think Negative is going to be the final villain. I think they're promoting him so hard to mask who the real main villain is, but he will probably be one of the central threats of the game.

I think George is really underestimating the potential appeal of the movie. I mean, it's animated, it's attached to the Spider-Man name, it's starring a diverse lead, and there seemed to be a lot of good buzz and views for the trailer. I'd be surprised if it didn't do well.

I'm sad to hear that Zach found Marvel's Spider-Man "abominable." There are some story choices I wasn't crazy about, and the animation isn't always as amazing as it could be, but it felt more like a Spider-Man cartoon than USM ever did and I think it's really improved over time.