Amazing Spider-Man 2 Movie Discussion

Discuss Spider-Man's Tangled Web of Animated Series, Live Action shows or the Movies!

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, Spideydude

Aziz
Avenger
Avenger

Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2 Movie Discussion

Post by Aziz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:07 am

jvl1031 wrote:
FSUSpiderFan wrote:
Can't say I like that news.
Why not? I thought he did a great job with the scores on Man of Steel and The Dark Knight Trilogy.
I thought the score of Man of Steel is forgettable, no matter how much I listen to it, it's not fun
Batman's music is great though, but I'm afraid he would repeat his dull Superman score
FSUSpiderFan wrote:
iron_patriot wrote:We already have the hummable(at least I think so) ASM theme though. It's very possible that Zimmer would just carry that over, maybe add some of his touches to it.
I don't like the ASM theme either.
I didn't like it earlier, the soundtrack grew on me later
I still like Elfman's music more for Spidey
From Scimitar to Merciless, and I'm barely violent :p
BATMAN is an awesome movie

Are movies like, a new religion or something? Someone who hates and pokes fun at a popular movie is considered blasphemous or a wrong doer? Made a mistake that is not supposed to happen? Seriously?

YouTube channel Please don't use ad block, ads are how I'm supposed to get paid from my videos.

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 am

jvl1031 wrote:
FSUSpiderFan wrote:
iron_patriot wrote:We already have the hummable(at least I think so) ASM theme though. It's very possible that Zimmer would just carry that over, maybe add some of his touches to it.
I don't like the ASM theme either.
While I will agree that we haven't had an iconic superhero score quite like John William's "Superman" or to a lesser extent, Danny Elfman's "Batman," I think Hans Zimmer has done pretty well with the movie scores he has worked on. Also, I liked bits and pieces of the ASM theme, like when Spider-man is swinging across the cranes or after he saves the boy from the burning car. And let's be honest here, when was the last time you heard a truly memorable and iconic film score, especially in a superhero movie? I don't even think the score to the original Spider-man trilogy was that memorable.
True. It's a lost art.

jvl1031
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by jvl1031 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Aintitcoolnews also has a recap of the Comic Con panel: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63339.

PunyParker
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by PunyParker » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:10 am

Did you guys see the liked Footage?!

Extreme Spider
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Extreme Spider » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:21 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/ ... ider-man-3

Rhino's returning for ASM 3. Either 2 is setup or 3 is really the big Sinister 6 fight that would look freaking sweet if they did it like Spectacular Spider-Man.

DarkKnightJared
Avenger
Avenger

Post by DarkKnightJared » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 pm

So we already heard that Hans Zimmer is doing the soundtrack for this movie, but apparently he has a co-collaborator--Pharrel WIlliams.

That's...interesting, though not necessarily a bad thing. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen something like this. Blade Trinity comes to mind--for all it's faults, it had a bitchin' soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi (probably most famous now for his soundtrack for Game of Thrones) and The RZA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZyKnk28X0

Of course, the difference is that it's much more apparent that the Blade character, with his kung fu skills and a dash of blaxploitation, is more in RZA's wheelhouse then one would picture Pharrell with Spider-Man, but either way, it should be interesting to see.

And I just thought of something--the interesting thing about the continuity for these movies is that Peter hasn't had the moment where he finds Uncle Ben's killer yet, so despite being a super-hero now, he's still sort of in that egotistical point he would be in the original story--more so even, because now he's basically saved New York City. So maybe some hip hop influence could be used to highlight that in the soundtrack?

WebbedSentry
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by WebbedSentry » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:49 pm

iron_patriot
Avenger
Avenger

Post by iron_patriot » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:15 pm

DarkKnightJared wrote:And I just thought of something--the interesting thing about the continuity for these movies is that Peter hasn't had the moment where he finds Uncle Ben's killer yet, so despite being a super-hero now, he's still sort of in that egotistical point he would be in the original story--more so even, because now he's basically saved New York City. So maybe some hip hop influence could be used to highlight that in the soundtrack?
That kinda negates his character development, though, where we see him acting more and more selfless and mature.
WebbedSentry wrote:Alleged unused movie costumes.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/check-o ... spider-man
I don't really care for any of those. There was really no need to reinvent the wheel.

Something I found on the Internet, I am convinced Garfield was grown in a Marvel lab.
Mabuhay ang Crawlspace!
Ignore the underscore, just call me Iron Patriot.
Tumblr
FSUSpiderFan wrote:In Fight Club you don't look at your opponent equally. You look at them as slime that needs to be bashed into submission.
Zeta House President-Tarantula

stillanerd
Administrator
Administrator

Post by stillanerd » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:56 pm

So, in case you guys weren't aware of this, there was a movie poster of Amazing Spider-Man 2 that got leaked a few days ago:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/29/ ... ew-poster/

And today there was a close-up on a certain portion of that poster that was posted on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Tupacca/status/407585164575789056
--Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Delta House Member "Badger"

Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

"You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine!" --from MAD TV

Facebook (a.k.a. my secret identity)

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:37 pm

stillanerd wrote:So, in case you guys weren't aware of this, there was a movie poster of Amazing Spider-Man 2 that got leaked a few days ago:

And today there was a close-up on a certain portion of that poster that was posted on twitter:

Looks like Harry is going to be the first Goblin. The Rhino looks like a crappy robot.

WebbedSentry
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by WebbedSentry » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:39 pm

stillanerd wrote:So, in case you guys weren't aware of this, there was a movie poster of Amazing Spider-Man 2 that got leaked a few days ago:

Bit blury but, I think it's safe to say the goblin ain't Norman, don't know what the Harry actor looks like so don't know if that looks like his actor though.

I just hope that if that is a goblin he is just background and maybe forming the six bit by bit or something.

If this is real I can't believe we are getting these leaks instead of real releases.

iron_patriot
Avenger
Avenger

Post by iron_patriot » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 am

I am in love with the costume. Perfect colors, great symbols(still would like to see them try a rounder spider though) and the eyes are the best of both worlds; they're reflective but they look white usually, unlike the previous one which looked black most the time.
Mabuhay ang Crawlspace!
Ignore the underscore, just call me Iron Patriot.
Tumblr
FSUSpiderFan wrote:In Fight Club you don't look at your opponent equally. You look at them as slime that needs to be bashed into submission.
Zeta House President-Tarantula

stillanerd
Administrator
Administrator

Post by stillanerd » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:45 pm

And now Sony has officially released a high-def version of the poster that was leaked a few days ago: http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg ... osters.jpg
--Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Delta House Member "Badger"

Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

"You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine!" --from MAD TV

Facebook (a.k.a. my secret identity)

Aziz
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Aziz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 am

Just saw the teaser to the teaser trailer, it's unimpressive, the first Webb movie looked convincing visually, this bit feels like it belongs to a video game, just like in the Raimi films
All the pictures make it look like its a videogame more than it is a movie with people in motion, I'm not impressed by it visually

I will enjoy the movie, cause the writers made a bunch of fun flicks, and I do like the Legend of Zorro
The Spider-Man 3 movie feel with several characters won't budge me off, cause it is a Spider-Man story, I will enjoy it regardless of the flaws to surface with the movie, make it be by editing or otherwise
From Scimitar to Merciless, and I'm barely violent :p
BATMAN is an awesome movie

Are movies like, a new religion or something? Someone who hates and pokes fun at a popular movie is considered blasphemous or a wrong doer? Made a mistake that is not supposed to happen? Seriously?

YouTube channel Please don't use ad block, ads are how I'm supposed to get paid from my videos.

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:50 am

With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES