Young Justice TV Show

Discuss Spider-Man's Tangled Web of Animated Series, Live Action shows or the Movies!

Moderators: BD, Spideydude

Re: Young Justice TV Show

Postby DarkKnightJared » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Sarcasmic wrote:I missed the last two, was hoping to watch them at a later time.
They been good?

Definitely. The last one was particularly fun/interesting. :D
DarkKnightJared
Avenger
Avenger

Postby D.A.V.E. » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Yeah, both of them were pretty fun. Though I'm anxiously waiting for this week's, as I have a feeling something big will occur.
D.A.V.E.
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Sarcasmic » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:08 am

Really enjoyed the Red Arrow episode, him and & Aqualad make a helluva team and the fact that they had to save Luthor out of everyone, was a good change up. The characterization of Luthor here really drew me in and I like this Cheshire/Artemis subplot they're building up here and I enjoy the fact that Red Arrow, the person Artemis replaced, is at the fore front of the subplot, I see that ending badly for Artemis in the future.

However, as much as I liked the Megan/Connor episode, it just falls apart at the seams; why does she remain in another form during all the crap Megan goes through? If kissing Connor causes her to turn back in Martian form, then why the hell DOES BEING FROZEN, not? And why didn't JR. Just freeze them at the end? And I really disliked the portrayal of Hugo Strange in this series...
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Sarcasmic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:01 am

Loved the latest episode, we got a nice Babs cameo, some great Artemis/Robin interaction, and I honestly had no idea what was going on with the Reds this episode... Nice cliffhanger, for once it wasn't fear/see the light...
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby D.A.V.E. » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:55 am

Very intense episode. I liked how they made Artemis crack under pressure in a moment. Made her more human and different from Robin. Though I'm obviously not convinced that
Red Tornado is THE mole they've been building up to.
D.A.V.E.
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Sarcasmic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 pm

D.A.V.E. wrote:Very intense episode. I liked how they made Artemis crack under pressure in a moment. Made her more human and different from Robin. Though I'm obviously not convinced that
Red Tornado is THE mole they've been building up to.

Me neither.
I also think
Artemis is a red herring.

I'm thinking the real mole will be unaware of their actions...
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Sarcasmic » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 am

Must say, when the episode started, the whole Mole distrust and Captain Marvel acting like a child thing was getting on my nerves... However, it did get resolved rather well and the Shazam reveal at the end was pretty great. Also the Fawcett city reference was great... Captain Marvel was originally published by Fawcett comics.
And Kid Flash did this pretty awesome trick... Wish I had a gif of it...
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Sarcasmic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:26 pm

3 replies in a row... I feel dirty. =(

Did anybody catch this episode?
I watched this and then mindlessly sat through My Little Pony afterwards and My Little Pony was better than this episode. I'll give them credit for trying to do something new with the Joker, but this was a horrible portrayal in both writing and voice acting. And I'm so tired of the bloody Light endings...
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby FSUSpiderFan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Sarcasmic wrote:Must say, when the episode started, the whole Mole distrust and Captain Marvel acting like a child thing was getting on my nerves... However, it did get resolved rather well and the Shazam reveal at the end was pretty great. Also the Fawcett city reference was great... Captain Marvel was originally published by Fawcett comics.
And Kid Flash did this pretty awesome trick... Wish I had a gif of it...

Marvel seemed to have an unnatural liking for that tiger...
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby tnr105 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Dude, did you catch whay he named him? Tawky Tawny is a classic Captain Marvel supporting character. Though he looks a bit different in the comics...
"Children play in the shadow of the Spider-Dong!" -George Berryman, Episode 309
tnr105
Avenger
Avenger

Postby ChaosInc » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:01 am

Sarcasmic wrote:3 replies in a row... I feel dirty. =(

Did anybody catch this episode?
I watched this and then mindlessly sat through My Little Pony afterwards and My Little Pony was better than this episode. I'll give them credit for trying to do something new with the Joker, but this was a horrible portrayal in both writing and voice acting. And I'm so tired of the bloody Light endings...

Well that's because My Little Pony is awesome. [smilie=spidey_not_kidding.gif]

Anyway I really liked the episode and found this version of the Joker to be pretty good, if a bit different than what we usually get. He was crazy in a way we don't see from him in media.

The Light endings are always interesting to me since its showing that they're involved and a little bit of how they are. Because they're so secret and good at keeping themselves secret that's the only way we the audience will be able to tell what's going on.
ChaosInc
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby D.A.V.E. » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, I can't complain about the ending of this one, since we haven't had this type of ending for the last two episode, and this one did advance the plot by revealing their identities. I expect the members of the Light to become more active after this episode.

And yes, Friendship is Magic is an awesome show.
D.A.V.E.
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Sarcasmic » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:05 pm

And that... was awesome.

Zatanna has to join the team, she is by far the best female teenager on that show. She has the confidence level that Robin has and has the wit to go toe to toe with the tea members.

This episode brought the humor, the action, the romance, but brought what the show has been solely missing in nearly every episode; the humanity and emotional core, which is funny, because it was robots who brought this back to the show. The only other example I can think of is in the Doctor Fate episode, when Nelson gave up his chance to die and be with his wife, so Wally could have his life (Maybe the Aqualad centric episode too, because of the choice Kal'Dur had to make).

That is why this show will never be as good as Spectacular Spider-Man, because every episode you felt the burden Peter took upon himself to be Spider-Man, whether it was hurting someone close to him by being Spider-Man or the fact that he realized he wasn't winning his war against crime and needed to push himself further. And when Peter emerged victorious in the few episodes he did, you were right there beside him, wanting to jump for joy.
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Sarcasmic » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:26 am

Anybody else? Anybody?

Another pretty great week, it was a dark and heroic episode this week. We really get glimpses into everyone's minds and it's some pretty great stuff. Connor was the stand out, proving himself to be Superman in a world without one. Rob also stood out, but for different reasons; he's definitely Batman's protegee. The twist at the end kinda bothered me, but I like the implications the episode leaves open at the end.
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Sarcasmic » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:29 am

*boombox*
All by mysellllffffff, Don't wanna be all by myselllllfffff....

====================

"Hurting? Try traumatized.
I finally become leader and wind up sending all of my friends to their deaths.
I know I did what I had to, but I hated it. When we started this team, I was desperate to be in charge, not anymore. And that's not even the worst of it. You can not tell Batman... [But] ... I always wanted, expected, to grow up and become him, and the hero bit, I am still all in, but that thing inside of him, the thing that drives him to sacrifice everything for the mission, that's not me. I don't want to be THE Batman anymore."- Dick Grayson.

^ Nailed it. They took one of Dick Grayson's biggest source of angst and handled it beautifully and gently, and it was a great scene.

The episode was framed by therapy sessions for each member of the team, while Superboy went off to deal with the Super Cycle (squeal) and set up the new big bad
Darkseid, wonder how they're going to balance him and the Light
and I loved that out of all of them, Dick was one of the only ones to open and admit what he was feeling, Kal'Dur and Superboy doing the same. And although Dick's was my favorite, Superboy's and Ms. Martian's setup some interesting things for the characters, while Wally/Artemis's just beat us over the head as for how perfect the two are for each other; it's getting effing annoying.

Still, an episode with great character moments, awesome guest stars
Kirby's Forever People
and set up for some awesome things to come... this show has seem to have finally found it's groove.
Sarcasmic
Avenger
Avenger