May 2012 Solicitations

Discuss Spidey's comics, or any other comics that you like.

Moderators: BD, stillanerd, Spideydude

Re: May 2012 Solicitations

Postby Venomaniac » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:11 pm

CrazyChris wrote:In Venom we recently saw the Toxin symbiote in the possession of Blackheart, who said it was worth the killing it took to get. The status of toxin's host is unknown. He might have been killed by Blackheart off panel. The toxin symbiote was then captured by Jack o Lantern, who was going to deliver it to the crime-master. I am guessing that Toxin will soon show up with a new host chosen by Crime-Master.

So the entire point of Toxin's character- a true symbiote hero...just is replaced with another symbiote villain...
Though I guess Flash is filling that niche already...

If you liked Lost... you will love Fringe
If you liked the X-Files... you will love Fringe

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/11 ... ringe.html
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20649
http://www.fringebloggers.com/just-the- ... more-21165
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20971
If there is any sports team that Spider-Man embodies...it is the New York Islanders
The Wave Beam: shoots electric Kitty Prydes at people at the speed of light. -CrazyChris
Venomaniac
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Phantom Roxas » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Scorn is probably meant to be the new version of Toxin, especially because she's another offspring of Carnage.

I'm still rather "meh" on the idea of Venom being a hero, even if it's only through Flash.
Delta House Member Deadfin
Phantom Roxas
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby Phantom Roxas » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:00 am

And now we have details on each title for the month.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/17/ ... 12-mostly/
Delta House Member Deadfin
Phantom Roxas
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby Stuart Green » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Tiger Topher wrote:Parallel Lives is being reprinted in May as well and I can't believe it. Not only are the people at Marvel acknowledging that this story exists, but they're also going out of their way to mention the Spider-marriage in the solicitations.

"He’s Peter Parker: a shy, introverted teen whose life changed forever when a radioactive spider bit him. • She’s Mary Jane Watson: product of a broken home, concealing her pain with an outgoing party-girl persona. • They meet, fall in love and get married. This is their story. • The classic 1989 graphic novel returns!"

It is? Huh. I love "Parallel Lives" and I'm proud to say that I own it. I've always wondered why the hatred that Doc Ock had for Spider-Man AND Peter Parker in that story didn't really get touched upon in the stories afterwards.

As for the May Solicits, it's just more gimmicks and stories I'm, unfortunately, not going to read. And I hope that Marvel cures Doctor Octopus already. This has been dragging on for long enough.
Stuart Green
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby CrazyChris » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Venomaniac wrote:
CrazyChris wrote:In Venom we recently saw the Toxin symbiote in the possession of Blackheart, who said it was worth the killing it took to get. The status of toxin's host is unknown. He might have been killed by Blackheart off panel. The toxin symbiote was then captured by Jack o Lantern, who was going to deliver it to the crime-master. I am guessing that Toxin will soon show up with a new host chosen by Crime-Master.

So the entire point of Toxin's character- a true symbiote hero...just is replaced with another symbiote villain...
Though I guess Flash is filling that niche already...

Well, we don't know that's what they are doing with Toxin. All we know is that the Toxin symbiote is separated from its prior host, is in the possession of villains, and that "Toxin" will apparently be fighting along side those same villains in May. I agree that it seems to add up to Toxin getting a new villainous host, but we won't know for sure until the new story comes out.

Phantom Roxas wrote:Scorn is probably meant to be the new version of Toxin, especially because she's another offspring of Carnage.

I'm still rather "meh" on the idea of Venom being a hero, even if it's only through Flash.

I haven't read any of the new Carnage comics so I know nothing about Scorn. Are those books good?

I never like it when Marvel tries to make Eddie Brock into a hero, but Flash trying to be a hero while fighting the influence of the Venom symbiote is a great idea to me.
CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe