by K-Box » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:23 pm
by Berserkfury819 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:31 pm
by Wombat 909 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:42 pm
by butters911 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:02 pm
by iron_patriot » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm
butters911 wrote:I dont think they will. Her and Uncle Ben are dead forever.
Gwen Clones on the other hand are a different story....
by remoteman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:40 pm
K-Box wrote:2. Between Norman and Harry Osborn, the original Kraven and the Jackal, she's the last of the big-name Silver and Bronze age characters who were killed off before "Brand New Day" (except for Uncle Ben) who HASN'T been brought back.
by DarkKnightJared » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:02 pm
by Sarcasmic » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:55 pm
DarkKnightJared wrote:Hmm...I think if they ever do that, I don't think it's going to be a clone. I think, if anything, it would be revealed that the Gwen that died was a clone, and the "real" Gwen was cryogenically frozen this entire time.
by Donomark » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:19 pm
by Spideydude » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:34 pm
Ladyspider wrote:They might bring back her daughter or that clone of Gwen.
by stillanerd » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 pm
K-Box wrote:I just figured I'd get this one out of the way now.
Let's run the numbers:
1. Joe Quesada already wanted to bring her back in "One More Day."
2. Between Norman and Harry Osborn, the original Kraven and the Jackal, she's the last of the big-name Silver and Bronze age characters who were killed off before "Brand New Day" (except for Uncle Ben) who HASN'T been brought back.
3. The Jackal being brought back makes it easier to tell new stories about Spidey-clones and Stacy-clones.
4. There's a Spider-Man movie coming out next year in which a very-much-alive Gwen Stacy will be Peter's sole love interest.
5. If DC takes and keeps a commanding sales lead over Marvel, Disney is going to pressure Marvel to make its characters "more accessible" to non-comics audiences, and if a movie costarring Gwen Stacy as Spider-Man's one true love does well enough at the box office ...
I give it a year.
What say you all?
by Kassady86 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:40 pm
K-Box wrote:1. Joe Quesada already wanted to bring her back in "One More Day."
Donomark wrote:Ever since Barbara Gordon got her legs back, I've been thinking this. It would say inside of three years. DC and Marvel have both proven that they really no longer care anymore about character progression or their own history despite what they say.
There's no reason to bring Gwen back. There's no need for her, and she wouldn't fill a role if she did return. But nothing would stop Marvel from doing it.
by DarkKnightJared » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:47 pm
stillanerd wrote:Also, we had Gwen Stacy has Peter's love interest in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon and is also going to be in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, as well. Even after all this time that Gwen has been dead, she and Mary Jane are pretty much considered to be the Betty and Veronica to Peter Parker's Archie.
And let's not forget that next year, along with the new film, is Spider-Man's 50th anniversary. At the very least, it isn't hard to imagine that Gwen wouldn't pop up in the comics in some way, even if it was a flashback or untold story, for those reasons alone.
by BertoneBeatle » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:57 pm
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests