Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Discuss Spidey's comics, or any other comics that you like.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd, Spideydude

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Post by Spider-Girl » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:19 pm

I just received my main reference material in the mail today...now you can hear creepy whispers saying "Soon."
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Spider-Girl wrote:I just received my main reference material in the mail today...now you can hear creepy whispers saying "Soon."
... :shock:

BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Post by BertoneBeatle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Awesome. Let me know when you need the next part of your list! Your gonna love SHOWCASE...and shake your head at other parts (Batgirl's Costume Cutups anyone?).

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 pm

BertoneBeatle wrote:Awesome. Let me know when you need the next part of your list! Your gonna love SHOWCASE...and shake your head at other parts (Batgirl's Costume Cutups anyone?).
Haha, I'm already laughing at the purse...even though I knew she had it, it still cracks me up!

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Donomark
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Donomark » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 pm

My favorite line from the early Babs days is when she tears her leggins and one of the goons, while fighting with the Goddamned Batman no less, wags his toungue and yells "WHATTA PAIR'A GAMS!"

:lol:

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Donomark wrote:My favorite line from the early Babs days is when she tears her leggins and one of the goons, while fighting with the Goddamned Batman no less, wags his toungue and yells "WHATTA PAIR'A GAMS!"

:lol:
Haha, I'll have to look for that!

BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Post by BertoneBeatle » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Apparently Episode 1 is out. Now if these kids would only go to sleep so I can listen...

slave83b
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by slave83b » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:14 pm

Episode 1 is out?

Edit: Episode 1 is indeed out! I had completely forgotten about the blog link Stella posted. I'll listen as soon as I get a chance.
Delta House Member - Nacho

"I have never been to a freak show or taken acid, but this is what I imagine doing both at once must be like." - CrazyChris

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Ya, it tis! You can find it at batgirltooracle.blogspot.com, batgirltooracle.podomatic.com, or iTunes (I'm not sure if it comes up on a search yet). I do apologize about the wind in the ep. but I'm going to correct that by next ep.

BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Post by BertoneBeatle » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Did you submit the RSS feed to the iTunes store yet under the "Podcast" feature? After that it takes anywhere from 1-3 days for it to show up.

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:00 pm

BertoneBeatle wrote:Did you submit the RSS feed to the iTunes store yet under the "Podcast" feature? After that it takes anywhere from 1-3 days for it to show up.
I did! Thanks for letting me know how long it takes. It took me 5 mins to decide what category I should use. I decided on Games and Hobbies but then I noticed the Batman Universe and the Spider-man Crawl Space both put it under TV and Movies. :?

BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Post by BertoneBeatle » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Kids fell asleep and I was finally able to listen. Strong debut. I had a chuckle at a few things like "I don't pay much attention to what Damien says" and your description of the "Dick/Babs" thread pre-Batgirl issue 1 reveal had me grinning ear to ear.

Appreciate the shout out at the start.

The DC Animated fandom talk was interesting (regarding how they're treated by comic fans). I try not to be guilty of that but sometimes I slip into "condescending comic guy mode" when dealing with "Babs needs to be Batgirl again" fans due past experiences. But that's a debate I've had with you and Kevin many times over. Still was interesting and I'm glad you defended your stance on it.

Love the way you say Infantino's name and that will never get old. The past/present format is good.

1) Will you just be doing 2 issues per cast?

2) Will 25 minutes be the average length?

3) What is the podcast schedule? Weekly? Monthly? Bi-weekly?

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:28 pm

BertoneBeatle wrote: 1) Will you just be doing 2 issues per cast?

2) Will 25 minutes be the average length?

3) What is the podcast schedule? Weekly? Monthly? Bi-weekly?
I appreciate all you comments!
1. I will normally be doing more than 2 issues per p'cast. I only did two here because of all the "business" and introductory stuff that I did. I'd say at least 3 (2 old and 1 new)
2. I feel like it may stay around the 30 min mark until I have someone else on. There is only so much I can say!
3. Right now I would say that it's monthly but I am going to try to put as many out as I can while I have the time. As I'm sure you know, the pre-recording, recording, and post-recording takes up a lot of time!

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Congratulations on getting it finished! I am so proud of you, I knew you could do it :mrgreen: I will definitely check it out as soon as it pops up on iTunes.

By the way, I did a search in the iTunes store for "Batgirl" to see if it was available yet and found something unexpected. Did you know there's a Batgirl: Year One motion comic?
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:Congratulations on getting it finished! I am so proud of you, I knew you could do it :mrgreen: I will definitely check it out as soon as it pops up on iTunes.

By the way, I did a search in the iTunes store for "Batgirl" to see if it was available yet and found something unexpected. Did you know there's a Batgirl: Year One motion comic?
Thanks! And remember your promise! :wink:

Uh BUH? Haha, wow...I wonder what that's like. I may have to check this out...though I'd rather not have my image of the comic ruined by a terrible motion comic.