Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Discuss Spidey's comics, or any other comics that you like.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd, Spideydude

Re: Would you listen to a Barbara Gordon Podcast?

Postby amybear18 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:37 pm

I would listen to it. I am interested to hear your views on some things like, although she is cool as Oracle couldn't she have done that with working legs? Couldn't the Joker have still raped and defiled her without paralyzing her, I think that would have been more his style, to emotionally scar which was where he was going with Daddy Gordon. Also what do you think of later Batgirl's? How about her mentoring Stephanie Brown and giving her, her old suit? So yes I would def. listen to this, I would also discuss such issues with you. My skype handle is amy.cannova. add me and IM me sometime. I seriously never find any girls to talk Bats with so I would love to chat if you're up to it.
User avatar
amybear18
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Would you listen to a Barbara Gordon Podcast?

Postby Spider-Girl » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:47 pm

amybear18 wrote:I would listen to it. I am interested to hear your views on some things like, although she is cool as Oracle couldn't she have done that with working legs? Couldn't the Joker have still raped and defiled her without paralyzing her, I think that would have been more his style, to emotionally scar which was where he was going with Daddy Gordon. Also what do you think of later Batgirl's? How about her mentoring Stephanie Brown and giving her, her old suit? So yes I would def. listen to this, I would also discuss such issues with you. My skype handle is amy.cannova. add me and IM me sometime. I seriously never find any girls to talk Bats with so I would love to chat if you're up to it.


Thanks! I feel your pain on the not-finding-other-girls-to-chat-with thing! I'll have to add you next time I'm on.
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Image
User avatar
Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Would you listen to a Barbara Gordon Podcast?

Postby amybear18 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Spider-Girl wrote:
amybear18 wrote:I would listen to it. I am interested to hear your views on some things like, although she is cool as Oracle couldn't she have done that with working legs? Couldn't the Joker have still raped and defiled her without paralyzing her, I think that would have been more his style, to emotionally scar which was where he was going with Daddy Gordon. Also what do you think of later Batgirl's? How about her mentoring Stephanie Brown and giving her, her old suit? So yes I would def. listen to this, I would also discuss such issues with you. My skype handle is amy.cannova. add me and IM me sometime. I seriously never find any girls to talk Bats with so I would love to chat if you're up to it.


Thanks! I feel your pain on the not-finding-other-girls-to-chat-with thing! I'll have to add you next time I'm on.

I feel like I am the only girl I know who likes comic books, especially Batman lol. So we should definately chat sometime. I'm usually on the Thursday/Friday night chats, so yeah I would like to chat sometime with a girl about comics. Sounds good though!
User avatar
amybear18
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Spider-Girl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Well, I decided to go through with it. This is now my pet-project on the side. You can follow my progress by visiting the main page that will be home to the podcast. The links don't work right now, and this is not a final product. The website is still under construction, but I would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

http://batgirltooracle.blogspot.com/
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Image
User avatar
Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Ladyspider » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Spider-Girl wrote:Well, I decided to go through with it. This is now my pet-project on the side. You can follow my progress by visiting the main page that will be home to the podcast. The links don't work right now, and this is not a final product. The website is still under construction, but I would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

http://batgirltooracle.blogspot.com/

I've seen it ,it looks impressive.Good for you.
Delta Tau Chi member - Widow-Maker

Image
Image
User avatar
Ladyspider
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Earth-2

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Kevin Cushing » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Good job and congrats, Stella! I'm so proud of you! [smilie=spidey_clap.gif]
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

Image
Image

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
User avatar
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe
 
Posts: 8612
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:44 am
Location: The Lost Moon of Poosh

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby BertoneBeatle » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Love the covers on top, some of my favorite issues, although I'm a bit surprised you went with the cover to Batgirl issue 2 as the background. Love what you did with the site in a short time though and looking forward to the rest.
Image
User avatar
BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Spider-Girl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

BertoneBeatle wrote:Love the covers on top, some of my favorite issues, although I'm a bit surprised you went with the cover to Batgirl issue 2 as the background. Love what you did with the site in a short time though and looking forward to the rest.


I know I know, symbolically Batgirl #2 doesn't really deal with Barbara Gordon, however, it is really close to her costume and I love the art.
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Image
User avatar
Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby FSUSpiderFan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 pm

The website looks great so far!
User avatar
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe
 
Posts: 7241
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:47 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby sergio » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

Seeing as how this has been the background to my phone these last few months:
Image

I would love to listen to a Babs podcast!
User avatar
sergio
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Austin TX

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby BertoneBeatle » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Is Bailey on board as a regular? I see some stuff about him on the sidebar.
Image
User avatar
BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Spider-Girl » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 am

Haha, no, not at this time. Those are pretty much my "affiliates." I have to give a plug for my friends, don't you know! :wink:
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Image
User avatar
Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby FSUSpiderFan » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 am

or as Bubba Moose would say, "Gotta give props to my peeps."
User avatar
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe
 
Posts: 7241
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:47 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Spider-Girl » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:16 pm

FSUSpiderFan wrote:or as Bubba Moose would say, "Gotta give props to my peeps."


Straight up!
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Image
User avatar
Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Batgirl to Oracle: The Barbara Gordon Podcast

Postby Spider-Girl » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:02 pm

The tentative date for the release of the first episode is Jan 2010. It is possible that it could be released earlier than that, but not later. Plan, plan, plan...
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

Image
User avatar
Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 3612
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: Virginia