Would you support a monster Spider team book?

Discuss Spidey's comics, or any other comics that you like.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd, Spideydude

Venomous Mask
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Would you support a monster Spider team book?

Post by Venomous Mask » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:24 am

This is an idea that I've had for a while. Basically, it would be a team-up book of Spider-Man's most revolting mirror image characters. Venom and an alt. universe Man-Spider could form the core, but there would be others too, possibly a surviving Spider Princess clone and Doppelganger made sentient, or maybe even a reborn Spidercide. This would be a dark take on Web Warriors. These guys by and large would not fight traditional Spider-Man villains, but would go against guys like Spider-Carnage, the legions of Shuma Gorath, demonic villains, and possibly new cosmic characters. It would essentially be a team of carnivores tasked to fight even worse carnivores (in every sense of the word). There could be Lovecraftian themes, similar to the recent Carnage series, and a very primal feel with some scenes featuring little to dialogue, very much in the veins of Dark Horse' Age of Reptiles comic. Do you think this could work?

Timmyb52
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Re: Would you support a monster Spider team book?

Post by Timmyb52 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 pm

I don't think it would work well for an on-going, but as a 6 or 12-issue mini it would work much better IMO. I would definitely be into it if that was the case.