July 2012 Spider-Solicitations

Here are the Spider-comics and trades coming out in July 2012. If you bought every Spider-Comic at cover price it would cost you $31.91. What are you ordering from this list? 

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #12
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w)
DAVID MARQUEZ (a)
Cover by JORGE MOLINA
• One of the best reviewed comics in the world continues!
• Miles must choose between battling his uncle turned crime lord or joining him to keep his family safe!
• What path will Miles take?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MEN #3 (of 5)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • SARA PICHELLI (a)
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
VARIANT COVERS BY SARA PICHELLI & TERRY DODSON
• The ULTIMATE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EVENT OF THE YEAR!
• Can both Peter Parker and Miles Morales defeat CLASSIFIED?  
• Guest starring Nick Fury and the Ultimates!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #689
DAN SLOTT (w) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (a&C)
LIZARD VARIANT by J. Scott Campbell
• Spider-Man, Peter Parker, Curt Connors, and the Lizard. The stars of this summer’s big blockbuster movie are right here!
• Morbius the Living Vampire is on the loose and no one at Horizon Labs is safe—including a recently cured Curt Connors.
• But if Curt Connors is cured, who or what is that new Lizard creature? It’s definitely someone Spider-Man knows…
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #690
DAN SLOTT (w) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (a&C)
LIZARD VARIANT by Matthew Clark
• There might be more than one Lizard now…
• And Spider-Man might notice– if only he wasn’t so busy trying to save
everyone from a crazed Morbius, the Living Vampire!
• Also in this issue: New developments for The Kingpin, Madame Web, Horizon Labs, and the Hobgoblin!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #9
KELLY SUE DECONNICK (w) • TERRY DODSON (a&C)
• Spider-Man plummets into action with the star of this month’s hottest new comic: the all new CAPTAIN MARVEL!
• 50,000 feet up and only on one of them can fly …
• Is the World’s Greatest Super Hero Ready for a ride with Earth’s Mightiest Hero?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SCARLET SPIDER #7
CHRISTOPHER YOST (w) • KHOI PHAM (a)
Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
“THE SECOND MASTER” PART ONE OF THREE
• Something terrible is happening in the Gulf of Mexico, building to the biggest Scarlet Spider story yet.
• When Houston based mega-corporation ROXXON is attacked, Scarlet Spider finds himself right in the middle of it… defending ROXXON?!?
• PLUS: Find out as the legendary team of Khoi Pham and Tom Palmer (DAREDEVIL) join Chris Yost for a bold new era of web-spinning excitement in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

VENOM #20 & 21
CULLEN BUNN & RICK REMENDER (w) • LAN MEDINA (a)
Covers by MICHAEL DEL MUNDO (#20) & TONY MOORE (#21)
• Toxin vs. Venom! Flash Thompson’s Last Stand! The Crime-Master Triumphant! – It’s the
Savage Six Finale the comics world will be talking about!
• CRIME MASTER’S IDENTITY IS REVEALED – and Flash Thompson and Betty Brant’s lives will
never be the same!

Marvel Universe ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #4
FRANK TIERI & EUGENE SON (w)
NUNO PLATI (a)
• Take the Ultimate Spin as the Hit DisneyXD show swings out of the TV and into your hands!
• First, Boomerang targets Nick Fury with the least likely weapon imaginable in TAKE ME OUT AT THE BALL GAME!
• Then, only Spider-Man, Power Man, Iron Fist, White Tiger and Nova can stop Batroc the Leaper and the Juggernaut from stealing valuable SHIELD tech and threatening New York during the annual summer parade!
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

SPIDER-MAN: ENDS OF THE EARTH HC
Written by DAN SLOTT, BRIAN CLEVINGER, ROB WILLIAMS & TY TEMPLETON
Penciled by THONY SILAS, STEFANO CASELLI, HUMBERTO RAMOS & MATTHEW CLARK
Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
The Doc Ock story you’ve waited 50 years for! Dr. Otto Octavius holds the entire Earth hostage with his dying breath. The world may be ready to give in to his demands, but Spider-Man and his fellow Avengers sure aren’t! Spidey and the Avengers face off with the Sinister Six in a globe-hopping showdown, but the stakes are dangerously raised when Sandman takes control of the entire Sahara desert! The Earth inches ever closer to destruction — so how does Doc Ock suddenly become its greatest hero? Why do the Avengers become his new Sinister Six? And what price will Spider-Man pay to buy the whole world one more day?! Guest-starring Black Widow, Silver Sable, Union Jack, Big Hero Six and Dr. Doom! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: ENDS OF THE EARTH #1, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #682-687 and AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #8.
192 PGS./Rated T …$29.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-6005-2
Trim size: oversized

SCARLET SPIDER VOL. 1: LIFE AFTER DEATH PREMIERE HC
Written by CHRIS YOST
Penciled by RYAN STEGMAN & NEIL EDWARDS
Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Spinning out of SPIDER-ISLAND, the secrets of the new Scarlet Spider are revealed! Spider-Man’s dark clone Kaine has taken up the heroic mantle and relocated to Houston, Texas, to begin a new life. But when Scarlet stands up to corruption in his adopted home, he discovers not everyone’s happy to have a new hero in town — and Houston’s super-criminal scene makes itself known! As the Assassin’s Guild arrives to hunt for his head, Kaine’s dark past returns to haunt him. And when Scarlet races against time to defuse a nuclear bomb, his heroics make him the target of Kraven the Hunter’s daughter — and attract the ire of the Avengers! And what dark visions does Madame Web have of Kaine’s future? Collecting SCARLET SPIDER #1-6 and material from POINT ONE #1.
144 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-6308-4
Trim size: standard

SPIDER-MAN: NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT PREMIERE HC
Written by ROGER STERN & JAN STRNAD
Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR. & RICK LEONARDI
Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
It’s the slugfest no one can forget! Webs won’t stop him, electricity won’t stop him — even a wrecking ball to the face won’t stop him! But with friend and ally Madame Web near death, Spider-Man’s got to stop the Juggernaut somehow! Plus: the Vulture’s attacking from the air, and the Foolkiller’s shooting from the shadows, but it’s the Black Cat who strikes the keenest blow — to the web-slinger’s heart! One of the eighties’ most memorable super-hero romances takes off, and you are there! Featuring appearances by the Avengers, the Defenders, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #224-230.
168 PGS./Rated T …$29.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-6263-6
Trim size: standard

SPIDER-MAN: THE COMPLETE BEN REILLY EPIC BOOK 5 TPB
Written by TOM DEFALCO, TODD DEZAGO, HOWARD MACKIE, GEORGE PEREZ & JAMES FELDER
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, RON GARNEY, RON FRENZ, LUKE ROSS, MIKE WIERINGO, SAL BUSCEMA, JOHN ROMITA JR., STEVE GEIGER, DARICK ROBERTSON, DAN JURGENS, BRANDON MCKINNEY & JOE BENNETT
Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Peter Parker lies gravely ill in a hospital bed — so who’s that swinging around the Big Apple? It’s Ben Reilly, the former Scarlet Spider and newly christened Spider-Man! But our webbed rookie soon finds out his new super ID isn’t going to grant him a free pass when the likes of Swarm, Will O’ the Wisp, Dragon Man, the Lizard, and other baleful bad guys rear their malevolent heads! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #414-416 and material from ANNUAL ’96, SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #7-10, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #235-239, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #71-72, SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #4, and SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #13.
464 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-6383-1

SPIDER-MAN: THE NEXT CHAPTER VOL. 3 TPB
Written by HOWARD MACKIE, JOHN BYRNE & GREGORY WRIGHT
Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, ERIK LARSEN, KLAUS JANSON, ANDY KUHN, LEE WEEKS, JOHN ROMITA JR. & GRAHAM NOLAN Cover by LEE WEEKS
If popularity is based on how many bad guys you’ve got gunning for you, then Spidey wins hands down over any other hero — bar none! This third volume of Spidey’s late-’90s relaunch is proof of that — as evidenced by blazing battles against Electro, Mysterio, Kraven, Venom, the Green Goblin, Carnage, the Ghost, the Hulk, the Thing and more! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #13-19 and ANNUAL 2000, PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN (1999) #13-19 and SPIDER-WOMAN (1999) #9.
300 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-5977-3

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS VOL. 1 TPB
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by SARA PICHELLI, SALVADOR LARROCA & CLAYTON CRAIN
Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
A new era of Ultimate Spider-Man starts here, in the event that grabbed worldwide headlines! Before the original Spider-Man died, young Miles Morales was poised to start the next chapter in his life in a new school. Then, the bite of a stolen, genetically altered spider granted the grade-schooler incredible arachnid-like powers. Now, Miles has been thrust into a world he doesn’t understand, with only gut instinct and a little thing called responsibility as his only guides. Can he live up to Peter Parker’s legacy? Collecting ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN (2011) #1-5 and ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT #4.
136 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-5713-7

ESSENTIAL WEB OF SPIDER-MAN VOL. 2 TPB
Written by DAVID MICHELINIE, LARRY LIEBER, LEN KAMINSKI, DWIGHT ZIMMERMAN, BOB LAYTON, JIM OWSLEY & JM DEMATTEIS
Penciled by MARC SILVESTRI, LARRY LIEBER, JIM FERN, DELL BARRAS, TOM MORGAN, DAVE SIMONS, STEVE GEIGER & MIKE ZECK
Cover by GREG LAROCQUE
The fan-favorite spin-off series starring your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man continues! Swing along with Spidey as he makes a jaunt over the Atlantic for some adventures in the UK, where he foils an assassination attempt on Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher! Then, back on this side of the Pond, Spidey has to travel cross-country to retrieve a misplaced web-shooter — before he’s targeted in the critically acclaimed epic “Kraven’s Last Hunt.” Collecting WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #19-32 and ANNUAL #3, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #293-294, and PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #131-132.
480 PGS./Rated T …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-6332-9

Like it? Share it!
Previous Article

Great New Webcomic

Next Article

Spider-Captions # 183

You might be interested in …

18 Comments

1. If you are missing watching your favored UK displays when in Spain then this video can help. Shows how to shift your IP address to a british 1 whenever you want.

2. Anyone heard of that Ends of the Earth one-shot: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: ENDS OF THE EARTH #1

3. And remember… ALL these earth shattering stories, conclusions, and examples of things never being the same… can ALL be undone in the blink of an eye with a retcon… or unexplainable magic.

4. @#11

O_o

They went through the trouble of changing Curt back, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it is Billy.

5. Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s just the new Lizard from Shed with the blond hair. I really liked Shed, but it looks kinda goofy when it’s not Bachalo drawing it.

I think the point of this Lizard story is right in the name, “No going back”, in that despite Curt being “cured” physically, after everything he went through in SHED, he’s broken psychologically. There’s No Going Back from what he has become.

6. I would think that, knowing the Lizard, there would be a lab coat, but there’s a hood for some reason. I didn’t know that Billy had blonde hair (I thought it was brown like his father’s before I saw otherwise), so it might be him if he somehow comes back from the events of SHED, but the hair is long, about Gwen’s length, so it’s either Billy or Ultimate Gwen. Does Ultimate Billy Connors have blonde hair as well?

7. @9 – Billy Connors had blonde hair didn’t he? As much as I didn’t like Shed I really hope they stick to their guns on that one.

8. #9 – good catch. That would make sense, Gwen being the Lizard, maybe some kind of lasting effect from the Carnage thing? Or, is that out of continuity. I guess that shouldn’t matter with Bendis though. Oh man. I can’t believe they would kill off Mary Jane. Why do they hate her so much. IMO, most of the greatest moments in spider history involve her. I just re-read the Sensational Spider-man Annual #2 by Matt Fraction, and it was just beautiful. JMS had such a great take on MJ and Peter’s relationship. I don’t understand why it was seen as a negative. When written well, it was fantastic. Ok. Sorry. Rambling.

9. Looking at the Spider-Men cover, the hair is blonde, so I doubt it will be Mary Jane. However, that rules out the possibility of it being the Dr. Connors from either universe. Unfortunately, now I’m expecting it to be Ultimate Gwen Stacy, who is expected to play a role in the story.

However, since you’re talking about No Going Back, it’s likely that the new Lizard was just a precursor to the army of Lizards from the following issue. I really hope it’s not Mary Jane, especially since the major status quo change for her is supposed result from Ends of the Earth, where I’m expecting her to die.

10. @#6

If it is, it’ll prove that Marvel has HUGE ones…

… and basically used them to teabag the whole fanbase.

11. That Spider-Men cover is AWESOME. I assume that this is the new Sinister six, then I like it aside from Hammerhead’s inclusion. Does Jim Cheung ever do interiors? I would love to see him on the artist rotation instead of Slott.

12. is there any way to get the covers to trades that aren’t diagonally aligned if you know what i mean
    some of em are grat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *