Spider-Man: Crawl Space #11 - One in a Million Part 3

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.

Spider-Man: Crawl Space #11 - One in a Million Part 3

Postby Kevin Cushing » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Previous Issue: Spider-Man: Crawl Space #10 – One in a Million Part 2

Spider-Man: Crawl Space #11
“One in a Million Part 3: Your Time Has Come”
By Kevin Cushing
Cover by David “Hambone” Crim and Brandon DP

Previously in Spider-Man: Crawl Space – The death of Aunt May kicked off a series of events that ended with Peter and Mary Jane reversing their deal with Mephisto, restoring the original timeline with all but Spider-Man’s public unmasking intact. Those that found out in any other way still know his identity.

Harry Osborn has returned from the grave, but few people know of it yet. He has killed his father and crowned himself The Goblin King. With the help of Morbius, the Living Vampire, Harry has unleashed an army of Spider-Man clones on the city of New York. The clones have mutely and brutally attacked citizens all over the city, and seem to be growing in number by the minute. A state of emergency has been declared, and both heroes and villains are fighting back the clones (albeit for different reasons).

In Norman Osborn’s will, Peter Parker was named Chairman and CEO of Oscorp, and has recently accepted the job. After Peter’s first board meeting, Harry Osborn showed up at his office and told him a story of his return alternate to the one Harry told Norman. Peter, though, had to brush off Harry quickly because Mary Jane was about to arrive with Ben Reilly’s Spider-Man suit for Peter. Peter is currently wearing this costume both to differentiate himself from the clones (who are all dressed in the classic costume) and to make use of the impact webbing and stingers that the webshooters are outfitted with (which he has unfortunately now lost).

Peter Parker was left powerless following a confrontation with Simon Parker aka The Black Spider, Peter’s previously unknown brother. He has called in the Black Cat and Toxin (symbiotic son of Carnage bonded to NYPD consultant Pat Mulligan) to help him fight the army of clones. The three are defending themselves in a city street against a seemingly never ending stream of clones. Peter has discovered that the clones are extremely unintelligent and degenerate completely upon removal of their masks, but their numbers still make them a serious threat. Peter’s powers have begun returning and leaving again sporadically as he fights.

Mary Jane Parker and Harry Osborn raided the late Norman Osborn’s secret vault under his Oscorp office and discovered what may turn the tide of the current conflict – a Cosmic Cube.

*This issue’s soundtrack: “In the Crossfire” by Starsailor. Besides the mood feeling perfect, the first lines of this song make it ideal for this arc. “I don’t see myself when I look in the mirror; I see what I should be. I don’t see myself when I look in your eyes; thank God for that.” And in general, Starsailor is an extremely underrated British band, and you should give them a listen if you’ve never heard their music before.

PAGE 1

Panel 1: Ext. Night. The city street where Spider-Man, the Black Cat, and Toxin are fighting a horde of clones. The clones are in a tight circle around the three, with each hero punching or kicking the closest clones to them to keep them at bay. Beyond the circle is a large crowd of clones clamoring to get to the front.
TOXIN:
I don’t want to leave you guys! You could get killed!
SPIDER-MAN:
We need that cube, Toxin! And right now, you’re the only one of us who can reliably swing over this mess to get to it and back!
BLACK CAT:
And your symbiote can camouflage you, can’t it? You can make yourself look like one of these things and they might not even bother you!

Panel 2: Close-up on Toxin’s lower body as it begins to transform to look like a Spider-Clone. The feet and most of the legs have changed and the change is moving up his body.
TOXIN:
Fine, but I’ll be right back!

Panel 3: Toxin is fully changed to a classic Spider-Man costume, and is shooting a web up in the air to swing away.
SPIDER-MAN:
Oh don’t worry, we’ll be here!
TOXIN THOUGHT:
If anybody hurts Sexy Kitty, I’ll kill you.
TOXIN:
Toxin – er, the symbiote - says ‘be careful!’

Panel 4: Spider-Man and the Black Cat continue to fight as Toxin swings away.
BLACK CAT:
You, too!
SPIDER-MAN:
I hope he makes it in time –

PAGE 2

Panel 1: Int. Night. Oscorp. Peter’s office. MJ is leaning back against the desk, holding and staring at the Cosmic Cube, which is more dimly lit now than it was at the end of last issue. With the light less bright, there are small cracks showing on its surface. Harry is standing close to her, also staring at the Cube, looking concerned.
SPIDER-MAN CAP:
“ - we’re gonna need that Cube.”
HARRY:
Peter needs this thing right now. They’re never going to make it in time.

Panel 2: Close on the Cube in MJ’s hand, with the cracks more visible closer up.
HARRY (op):
And I think there’s something wrong with this Cube.

Panel 3: MJ looks up at him, still showing some distrust on her face.
MJ:
And what do you suggest we do? We can’t exactly hail a cab out there.

Panel 4: Tight on Harry’s face, as a lightbulb goes on in his head.
HARRY:
No, no we can’t.

Panel 5: Harry is pulling a handkerchief out of his inner jacket pocket, and reaching into his outer pocket with his other hand.
HARRY:
I have an idea. Can I hold it?
MJ:
Not a freaking chance.

Panel 6: Harry is holding the handkerchief over his mouth and nose with one hand, and holding a pumpkin bomb in the other. The pumpkin bomb is giving off a gas that has already surrounded them both. MJ is collapsing back onto the desk, asleep.
HARRY:
Didn’t think so. Sorry.

PAGE 3

Panel 1: One hand still holding the handkerchief over his face, Harry is lifting MJ’s legs with the other hand to get her completely on top of the desk.
HARRY CAP:
My name is Harry Osborn.
I am the son of Norman Osborn, the original Green Goblin.
He’s dead now – beheaded.

Panel 2: Still holding the handkerchief over his face, Harry is behind the desk, typing into the keypad with his other hand just as he did last issue.
HARRY CAP:
I thought he was dead once before, for years.
To avenge him, and because I was out of my mind from drug abuse, I became the second Green Goblin.

Panel 3: Harry, still with the handkerchief, grabs the Cosmic Cube from MJ’s hand as the desk begins to slide back.
HARRY CAP:
But I am not the Green Goblin anymore. I am better than that. Better than my father.

Panel 4: Harry is walking down the silver stairs to the vault he and MJ got the Cube from. With the desk sliding back in place over his head to seal off the chamber, he is removing the handkerchief from his face, with the Cosmic Cube in his other hand. His face is serious and determined.
HARRY CAP:
I promised myself I’d never even use any of his technology again. That was my old life.
But when I was down here before, I instinctively grabbed that pumpkin bomb.
I knew Mary Jane would never give me the Cube if it came to it. She doesn’t trust me yet. She has every right not to.

Panel 5: Down inside the vault, Harry is throwing back a large door, revealing one of the Green Goblin’s gliders behind it.
HARRY CAP:
But I need it.

PAGE 4

Panel 1: Ext. Night. Harry is blasting out of a hidden door in a wall of Oscorp on the glider, the Cube in hand.
HARRY CAP:
I’m the only one who can get it there in time.

Panel 2: As Harry is flying through the air, another figure on a glider is coming up from his side, still too far away to make out in detail, but wearing black, purple, and red. Harry is looking over at him.
HARRY:
Oh who the hell is this now?

Panel 3: Close on the figure coming towards Harry. It is the Goblin King, flying fast and looking angry.

Panel 4: The Goblin King blindsides Harry, snatching the Cosmic Cube from his hands.
HARRY:
Hey!

Panel 5: The Goblin King has turned and is facing Harry in the air.
HARRY:
Who are you supposed to be? Another Goblin knock-off?
GOBLIN KING:
I’m the Goblin King, you idiot!

PAGE 5

Panel 1: Ext. Night. Toxin (as classic Spidey) is swinging through the air.
TOXIN:
I feel stupid.
TOXIN THOUGHT:
You are stupid.
TOXIN:
I mean wearing this costume.
TOXIN THOUGHT:
Hey, I’m doing my best Spidey impression here! Even the tendrils look like webbing, man! That’s more attention to detail than you give Gina one and a half nights a week!

Panel 2: Still swinging, different position.
TOXIN:
Hey! First off, I meant I feel stupid pretending to be Spider-Man, not because you aren’t doing a good job with the costume.
TOXIN:
And second, you’re supposed to be asleep when I get ‘alone time’ with my wife!
TOXIN THOUGHT:
Don’t worry, buddy, your ‘alone time’ with Gina puts me right out.

Panel 3: Another swinging position, but now we can see the Goblin King fighting Harry not too far away on the right side of the panel.
TOXIN:
Look, I know you’re upset about leaving the Black Cat back there, but don’t take it out one me, Toxin.
Spider-Man needs us to get this thing for him, so that’s what –

Panel 4: Toxin is now swinging towards the Goblin King and Harry (we can see Harry dodging a fireball in the distance).
TOXIN:
Oh this can’t be good.

PAGE 6

Panel 1: Ext. Night. Close on the Goblin King, with the Cosmic Cube in one hand and a fireball in the other. There is fury on his face.
GOBLIN KING CAP:
My name is Harry Osborn.
I am the son of Norman Osborn, the original Green Goblin.
He’s dead now – I cut his head off.

Panel 2: The Goblin King is ducking as a pumpkin bomb flies over his head.
GOBLIN KING CAP:
So I really wasn’t expecting to be fighting an Osborn on a Goblin glider any time soon (well, except for my half-brother, but he doesn’t count as a real Osborn).

Panel 3: Close on Harry, who is now wearing the purple gloves of the Green Goblin and pulling another pumpkin bomb from inside his jacket.
GOBLIN KING CAP:
But I guess that’s the risk you take when you clone yourself.
HARRY:
I’m going to get that Cube back, Goblin.

Panel 4: Toxin (as Spider-Man) collides with the Goblin King from the side. The collision is hard, knocking the Goblin King to the side, but he keeps his footing on the glider.
TOXIN:
Let me help you with that!
GOBLIN KING:
Gah! Spider-Man?!

Panel 5: Standing on the side of the Goblin King’s glider, Toxin begins to transform back into himself.
TOXIN:
Oh right, I’m sorry.

PAGE 7

Panel 1: Close-up on Toxin’s face, fully transformed back into his regular look, smiling menacingly.
TOXIN:
Is this better?

Panel 2: Close on Toxin’s full body as he’s falling backwards off the glider with a fireball exploding on his chest.
GOBLIN KING (op):
Much.

Panel 3: Wider shot of the Goblin King on top of his glider and Toxin hanging onto the bottom, unhurt, smiling.
TOXIN:
Good try, but sadly for you, I’m a lot tougher than the symbiotes before me.

Panel 4: Toxin, still holding onto the front of the glider, has swung himself up to kick the Goblin King square in the chest. The Goblin King’s feet are strapped into the glider tightly enough that he isn’t falling off, but his upper body is getting knocked backwards, and he’s lost his grip on the Cosmic Cube.
GOBLIN KING:
Son of a - !

Panel 5: As the Goblin King tries to recover, Toxin stands in front of him on the glider, catching the Cosmic Cube.
TOXIN:
This is it? It looks like it’s being held together by a string.
SPIDER-MAN CAP:
“Toxin’d better get that thing here in one piece, and fast!”

PAGE 8

Panel 1: Ext. Night. The city street where Spider-Man and the Black Cat are fighting clones. The clones are closing in on the two, each surrounded and cut off from each other now. Black Cat is flinging her whip around wildly to try and hold them back, and Spider-Man is punching one on either side while kicking one directly in front of him.
BLACK CAT:
At this point I’m wishing you’d just told Mary Jane to wish all these things into dust from where she was, Spider!

Panel 2: Focus on Spider-Man. The arms he had outstretched to punch have both been grabbed by clones, so he’s using that leverage to kick in front of him with both feet.
SPIDER-MAN:
I don’t know if it’s gonna work, but I’ve got a better idea than just that.
And as much as I trust her, I don’t trust anybody but myself to try this when we probably only have one chance at it!

Panel 3: Focus on Black Cat. A clone has grabbed her whip from the other end and is yanking it away from her. Another clone is punching her in her side.
BLACK CAT:
Well what’s the pl – uhff!

Panel 4: Back to Spider-Man, who is pulling in the clones who have his arms, bashing them against each other.
SPIDER-MAN:
Cat!

PAGE 9

Panel 1: Black Cat is being grabbed by a clone behind her as she slashes the face of one in front of her with her claws.
BLACK CAT:
Eyah!

Panel 2: The clone behind Black Cat is holding both of her arms at her shoulders so she can’t use them. The clone in front punches her across the face as clones on either side punch her torso.
BLACK CAT:
Guh!

Panel 3: Spider-Man is fighting through the clones between him and the Black Cat, but a crowd of them has built up there by now. He’s furiously tossing them around (clearly getting more of his strength back).
SPIDER-MAN:
Cat! Hold on!

Panel 4: Close on Black Cat’s face, being punched again, with blood flying from her mouth.
BLACK CAT:
Kah!

Panel 5: Close on Black Cat’s stomach, taking punches from multiple clones.
BLACK CAT:
Ahg!

PAGE 10

Panel 1: The clone holding Black Cat from behind pulls back on her arms, snapping them.
SFX:
KRACK
BLACK CAT (burst):
AAAHHH!

Panel 2: That same clone lets her go, and she stumbles forward, with clones around her still punching and kicking her.

Panel 3: The clone behind Black Cat that just let her go is kicking her in the back, hard, on her upper spine.
SFX:
KRACK

Panel 4: The Black Cat is on the ground, and clones are kicking her all over.

Panel 5: Spider-Man is still fighting his way through the clones, almost to her. Clones are turning to dust all around him with their masks falling to the ground (as he’s pulled them off), and he’s punching the ones in front of him hard, still being held back by too many.
SPIDER-MAN (burst):
CAAAAAAT!

Panel 6: Small, completely blacked-out panel.

PAGE 11

Panel 1: Ext. Night. In the sky near Oscorp, at the scene of the fight between Harry, the Goblin King, and Toxin. Toxin is being blown off of the Goblin King’s glider by a fireball, toward Harry.
GOBLIN KING:
I will not let you defeat me!
TOXIN:
Whoa!

Panel 2: Harry is catching Toxin (partially catching, partially just being impacted by him) on his glider.
HARRY:
Ow! Hot! Hot!

Panel 3: Toxin is crouched on Harry’s glider with him, as the two face the Goblin King. Toxin still holds the Cosmic Cube. Harry has a pumpkin bomb in one hand and a razor bat in the other, ready to strike at the Goblin King.
TOXIN:
Well we’ve got it now, Devil-Goblin (or whatever the hell you call yourself).
Think you can kill us both?
HARRY:
I got a lot of fun toys with this glider, buddy. We can do this all night.

Panel 4: Tight shot of the Goblin King, utterly pissed off.
GOBLIN KING CAP:
I could kill you both. But if I kill my clone, all he’s accomplished goes down the drain. Even if he is doing far too good a job of earning Peter’s trust.

Panel 5: Harry and Toxin stand stunned as the Goblin King flies away.
GOBLIN KING CAP:
Damn it!

PAGE 12

Panel 1: Still crouched on the glider, Toxin looks up at Harry.
TOXIN:
I’ll take the Cube to Spider-Man, you go after him!

Panel 2: Harry has his hand on Toxin’s shoulder as Toxin is firing a tendril to swing away on.
HARRY:
Hell no. I don’t know you; there’s no way I’m letting you take off with this thing. You go after the Goblin King and I’ll take the Cube to Spider-Man.

Panel 3: Toxin is standing up, facing Harry and swatting his hand off his shoulder.
TOXIN:
Forget it, buddy. I don’t know you, either, and taking this to Spider-Man was my job.

Panel 4: Toxin is swinging off on a tendril, and Harry is flying after him on his glider.
HARRY:
Fine, I guess the Goblin King gets away this time, then. We’ll both go.

Panel 5: Toxin is swinging with Harry following.
TOXIN THOUGHT:
Can we just snap his neck and get back to Sexy Kitty? Please?
TOXIN (small):
As much as I’d like to…
TOXIN:
Fine, tag along if you have to.

PAGE 13

Panel 1: Ext. Night. The city street. Black Cat is unconscious on the ground with clones all around her. Spider-Man is finally breaking through the clones that stood between them. He is violently tossing the last clone between them backward into the group of clones. They are still surrounded on all sides by a vast horde of clones.
SPIDER-MAN:
If you killed her, I swear to God I will take every last one of you apart by hand, Cosmic Cube or not!

Panel 2: Spider-Man is on one knee, picking up the Black Cat around the shoulders with one arm. With his other, he’s firing a web around the entire circle around him. He’s so focused on her, though, that he has no reaction to this power returning.
SPIDER-MAN:
Come on, Cat, come on.

Panel 3: Spider-Man has his ear to Black Cat’s nose.
SPIDER-MAN:
Oh thank God, you’re still breathing.

Panel 4: Spider-Man is getting punched in the head by a clone.
SPIDER-MAN:
Uhf!

Panel 5: Spider-Man has let the Black Cat back down to the ground and is getting to his feet.
SPIDER-MAN:
All right –

PAGE 14

Panel 1: Spider-Man is standing in the middle of this huge group of clones, close to the Black Cat to protect her, and his hands out to either side of him in “thwip” position. Even through his mask we can see his furrowed brow, angry and ready to fight.
SPIDER-MAN (burst):
- you guys ready to see what kinda damage a real Spider-Man can do?!

Panel 2: Spider-Man is firing a webline at a clone in front of him with his left hand as he violently pulls the mask off of one beside him with his right.

Panel 3: Spider-Man has pulled the clone in front of him with his webline, and is kneeing him in the face.

Panel 4: An organic stinger pops out of Spider-Man’s right wrist as he’s snapping the neck of the clone he just pulled to him with his left arm.

Panel 5: Spider-Man stabs a clone beside him, who was advancing on the Black Cat, with his stinger as he webs another with his left hand.

PAGE 15

Panel 1: Ext. Night. In the sky as Toxin swings (the Cube is no longer visible, being held inside the symbiote) and Harry follows closely on his glider. Toxin hits a clone swinging up from his side with a tendril and Harry throws a pumpkin bomb at a clone swinging from their other side.
TOXIN:
What do you know about this “Goblin King?”
HARRY:
Not much. I met him about 2 minutes before you did. All I really got was the name.

Panel 2: Still on the two flying, but with no clones attacking.
TOXIN:
I think we need to find him.
HARRY:
Sure, but he’s not exactly a top priority. Just a goon in a Goblin mask trying to take the Cosmic Cube. Any supervillain would jump at the chance to have one of these.

Panel 3: Harry sparkle blasts a clone in front of him in the face. It is falling backward.
TOXIN:
I don’t think that’s it. Did you notice he called me “Spider-Man?”
HARRY:
Well sure, you were dressed like –
TOXIN:
Look at all these clones flying around the air. There was a decent chance he’d run into one of them.

Panel 4: Toxin is nonchalantly kicking a clone in the chest as he swings.
TOXIN:
But he called me Spider-Man and seemed surprised to see me. He thought I was the real deal.
HARRY:
Ok, why?
TOXIN:
I spoke. That’s all I can think of that differentiated me.

Panel 5: The two flying, no clones.
HARRY:
What, the clones can’t talk?
TOXIN:
No, and see, you didn’t know that. He did.
HARRY:
And that means…?

Panel 6: Close-up on Toxin’s face.
TOXIN:
I think the Goblin King may have created these things.

PAGE 16

Panel 1: The city street. Spider-Man, still standing close to the unconscious Black Cat to protect her, has a stinger run through the faces of two clones in a row, both beginning to turn to dust, and is firing a web behind him at the group. In the sky behind him we can see Toxin and Harry coming towards him.
SPIDER-MAN:
See? You don’t even have these, do you?

Panel 2: Closer on Toxin and Harry as Toxin is pulling the Cosmic Cube out from within his symbiote (it’s being expelled into his hand like the phone last issue).
TOXIN:
Oh God, it looks like Black Cat’s down.
TOXIN THOUGHT:
Sorry, Patty, I’m taking over now.

Panel 3: Toxin is lunging into the crowd, dropping the Cosmic Cube. It’s still in the air, falling.
TOXIN (burst):
WHO HURT SEXY KITTY?!

Panel 4: Harry flies down sharply and quickly, trying desperately to catch the Cosmic Cube, which is about to hit the ground near Spider-Man, who is too busy punching clones in front of him to realize.
HARRY (burst):
NO!

Panel 5: Tight shot of the Cube hitting the ground with a flash of light.

PAGE 17

Panel 1: Harry’s glider has touched down on the ground, picking up the Cosmic Cube, which is still intact but even dimmer and more cracked than before. Beside him, Spider-Man has turned to look at Harry, punching a clone behind him without a thought.
SPIDER-MAN:
Harry? What the hell are you doing on a glider?

Panel 2: Harry is handing the Cube to Spider-Man.
HARRY:
Long story. Here, use this!

Panel 3: Spider-Man holds up the Cube, and beside him we can see Toxin fighting back the clones around the Black Cat.
TOXIN:
Fix Sexy Kitty!
SPIDER-MAN:
I intend to.
And to fix New York.

Panel 4: Similar, with Toxin still brutally beating clones on one side of Spider-Man as Harry throws pumpkin bombs into the crowd from the other side. The Cube begins to glow brighter.
SPIDER-MAN:
But it won’t do much good if I don’t take care of these things first.
HARRY:
How does it work exactly?
SPIDER-MAN:
The way I’ve heard it, it’ll do just about anything you can tell it to do.
TOXIN:
I hope you’re thinking something good!

Panel 5: Close on Spider-Man, who has brought the Cube down right in front of his face as it glows even brighter.
SPIDER-MAN:
I am.

PAGE 18

Panel 1: Similar shot as Spider-Man speaks quietly, directly to the Cube, which is glowing brightly.
SPIDER-MAN:
Break down every one of these Spider-Man clones terrorizing the city.

Panel 2: Wide shot of the street where they’ve been fighting, as all the clones become dust, swirling around in the air.

Panel 3: Same as 1.
SPIDER-MAN:
And out of their dust –

Panel 4: Wide shot, from above, of several city blocks, with thick dust swirling all around them.

Panel 5: Same as 1.
SPIDER-MAN:
Bring back Ben Reilly.

PAGE 19

Panel 1: On the street where they were fighting clones, Toxin and Harry Osborn are now just standing (Harry on his glider, hovering just above the ground) watching in wonder. Spider-Man stands in the same position with the Cube. Black Cat still lies on the ground, unconscious. There is a thick swirling of dust coming from the sky and all around them, coming down into a point (like the bottom of a tornado) at a spot on the ground in the center of them.
SPIDER-MAN:
Just as he was.

Panel 2: Same, but the shape of a body is forming out of the dust in that spot on the ground. The cloud of dust feeding into it is getting smaller, and no longer seems to go on forever.
SPIDER-MAN:
With no degeneration disease.

Panel 3: There is no more dust cloud. Just the body on the ground, beginning to coalesce from dust into Ben Reilly (though he has un-dyed brown hair, looking just as any other clone would, and he is naked). In Spider-Man’s hand, the Cube is shattering, with a flash of light.

Panel 4: Ben Reilly is now fully himself on the ground, opening his eyes. Spider-Man is walking over to him, removing his mask. Toxin cradles the Black Cat in his arms, and Harry is hovering on his glider just above the spot Spider-Man was just standing on, his head hanging. Where Spider-Man was are now shattered fragments of the Cosmic Cube. No light is coming from them.
SPIDER-MAN:
It’s ok, Ben. It’s ok. It’s me, Peter.

PAGE 20

Panel 1: Full page. Peter Parker, his mask now removed and laying on the ground beside them, has gathered up Ben Reilly in his arms. Peter has a big, glowing grin on his face. Ben looks at Peter in shock, having just been brought back to life and still processing it. In the sky behind them, off in the distance, we can just barely make out the Goblin King, watching.
PETER:
You’re back. You’re really back, Ben.

PAGE 21

Panel 1: Int. Harry Osborn’s lab. Harry is still in his Goblin King costume, except for the mask, and has a phone to his ear. He is standing in front of a lab table with broken glass all over it that he’s smashed in frustration. His mask is also on the table. Behind him we can see some of the vast line of large tubes that had formerly housed the clones. Harry is slamming his fist down on the table (and clearly not for the first time, hence the broken glass). He is furious.
CAP:
Later.
HARRY:
I programmed my clone too damn well!
He was just supposed to reestablish my life and earn Peter’s trust while I worked on this, not give Peter the key to winning!

Panel 2: The shot is panning past Harry to one of the tubes behind him. We can just begin to make out that this one tube still has a body in it (the rest are clearly empty).
HARRY:
No, I left him alive. As much of a bungle as this was, it should be a huge step in earning Peter’s trust.
And if this Harry disappeared, there would be questions about where I’d been before I could get a new clone ready. And I’m not ready to take over that role myself, yet.

Panel 3: Focusing now on that one tube. We can see a Peter Parker clone still inside, eyes closed as he’s not yet been activated.
HARRY (op):
This last Parker clone will just have to be scrapped, though.

Panel 4: Same, but the cloned body now has a faint red light, like an aura, surrounding it.
HARRY (op):
Not much point in programming an evil Ben Reilly to mess with Peter now that Peter’s brought the real Reilly back.

Panel 5: Same, but the red light is gone, and the clone’s eyes are open.
HARRY (op):
No, I hadn’t programmed anything into him yet. He’s just a blank, lifeless slate.

PAGE 22

Panel 1: We now see Harry at the table again, and behind him we see the tubes. The glass of the tube that the last clone was in is now being shattered as the clone punches through it. Harry is turned back to it in surprise.
SFX:
CRASH

Panel 2: The clone, looking angry, is walking out of the tube towards Harry, who is shocked and rushing to get off the phone.
HARRY:
Morbius, I’m gonna have to call you back.

Panel 3: The clone is almost to Harry, who has put down the phone and has a fireball in his hand to the side of him.
HARRY:
Look, pal, you shouldn’t even be able to walk since I haven’t programmed you any motor skills, so how about you go back over to that tube so I can -

Panel 4: The clone has Harry by the neck, lifting him off the ground. The fireball in Harry’s hand is diminishing as he’s reaching for the hand around his neck. Harry is gasping for air.

Panel 5: From Harry’s perspective, we see the clone’s face. There is definite life in its eyes, and a raging fury.

Panel 6: Harry is on the ground, his hand to his throat, having been dropped. The clone is running the other way out of the lab. Harry is stunned.
HARRY:
Who the hell was that?

IN THREE WEEKS: “The Return of the Scarlet Spider!” That’s right, folks. Not a dream, not an imaginary story, no bull%&$*! Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider, is back, baby! In this oversized anniversary issue celebrating both Ben’s return and Crawl Space finally hitting a year’s worth of issues (after almost two years), you’ll see Ben Reilly readjusting to life, and his journey to become the Scarlet Spider once again! You’ll see Peter and MJ attending a swanky ball as only the CEO of Oscorp would be invited to! You’ll find out the fate of the Black Cat! Plus Toxin, Carlie, Flash, the Daily Bugle crew, and even the Daily Grind crew! And: who or what is the renegade Parker clone that broke out of Harry’s lab? (I promise, it’s not Spidercide!)

AND: We’re celebrating Ben’s return in style, with more great art than ever before! Inspired by Mike Wieringo’s variant covers to Spider-Man: The Other, Crawl Space #12 features eight different covers by eight different artists showcasing eight different looks Ben Reilly has sported over the years! The main cover, by regular Crawl Space cover artist David “Hambone” Crim, features a brand new, redesigned Scarlet Spider costume for a new era! Then seven variant covers will take you through Ben Reilly’s past with the good, the bad, and the hoodies! We’ve gathered a roster of artists I like to call the Crawl Space All-Stars, featuring Donovan “Donomark” Morgan Grant! Daniel Maynor! Enigma_2099! Gerard Delatour II! Dion Hamill! Ted Brandt and Olly Stephen! Sebastien “cbasfrench” Roy! And, of course, superstar Crawl Space colorist Brandon DP! These guys have been working hard for months to bring you something very special, and trust me, they’ve delivered!

If you visit Spideydude.com, the web’s best source for Spider-Clones and Spider-Girls, you can see David Crim and Brandon DP’s full color main cover for Crawl Space #12 right now and get your first look at the all new Scarlet Spider costume! So click the link and don’t forget to take a look around at this great site while you’re there!

And don’t forget to visit this issue’s discussion thread to tell me what you thought!

Continue To: Spider-Man: Crawl Space #12 - Return of the Scarlet Spider
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe