Crawl Space #9 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Re: Crawl Space #9 Discussion Thread

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:03 pm

DMaynor wrote:keep up the good work!
Thanks, man! Everybody remember Mr. Maynor's sexy-as-hell cover for last issue? :mrgreen: (Don't believe what they say: Pimpin' is easy :wink: )
FSUSpiderFan wrote:Another great issue Kevin! Definitely worth the wait.
Thanks, FSU! Glad it delivered for ya!
FSUSpiderFan wrote:I think your writing of action which has been your weakness in the past is improving.
I appreciate that. I've always said fight scenes are definitely my weakness, but I'm working on it. This is good to hear!
FSUSpiderFan wrote:Are these some substandard clones? because the Black Cat seems to be able to handle more than one pretty easily and Peter says they have no spider sense. Or is He saying he has no Spidey sense?
I think what you're referring to is this panel description:
Panel 2: A clone is coming up behind Spider-Man as he is shooting webbing at a clone in front of him, not noticing (since he has no spider-sense).
And when I just went to grab the quote and reread it, I realized that it is pretty confusingly worded. But the intention was to note that Peter has no spider-sense, since he is currently powerless.

As for the clones, "substandard" would be the wrong word, but it's not gonna be exactly like fighting Peter. More on that later.
FSUSpiderFan wrote:I am a little confused about when he (Harry) came back and how.
You have been told two different stories now, but I'd say the one that had actual flashbacks to back it up (in #2) is the more credible.
FSUSpiderFan wrote:As well as when he went from happy go lucky BND Harry to evil super genius Harry and had time to setup this master plan.
Harry's full story will be told in Crawl Space Annual #1, coming between #12 and 13.
FSUSpiderFan wrote:Harry’s speech made me really worried about what he might have really might have done to Liz and little Normie….
Their status will be addressed soon.
FSUSpiderFan wrote:I did think you needed to have Peter present more of an agenda for Oscorp than get rid of Goblin stuff. I know he will probably do that later but the board might be worried if they think that is all he cares about.
Well, you didn't see the entire meeting. Just the juicy part. He's just beginning there, so he's going to have to get oriented on all the goings on before he does too much. This was just the first thing that was really important to him to get done right away.
FSUSpiderFan wrote:I’d like to see him use the labs to develop some scientific breakthroughs. Finally put his brilliance to some use on a mass scale.
No worries, I'm well aware I put a scientist in charge of a tech/chemical company :wink:
FSUSpiderFan wrote:It made a very hard week for me a bit better. :D :D :D
That is really a great thing to hear. Thanks for saying so!
slave83b wrote:Okay, I had actually fallen a few issues behind on Crawl Space, so when I sat down to wash the horrible horrible taste of OMIT out of my mouth, I decided to just read the whole damn thing from start to finish.

Damn, that was good!
Hoo boy! That is some commitment! Thanks for taking that kind of time on this!
slave83b wrote:In all honesty, I don't know yet what I can say about this issue that hasn't already been covered, but thank you Kevin. I'm sure you've caught at least some of my reaction to OMIT in other threads and this megadose of Crawl Space is exactly what I needed. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see Peter and the others actually written in character, something at which even the best BND stories seem to reliably falter. As shocked as I am to find myself saying this, I'm actually excited for the next issue of OMIT to hit, if only because it means I'll have more Crawl Space to read! I can't wait to see where you take things from here.

Once again, Kev, thank you!
Thanks, man! I'm really glad I could help a fellow Spidey fan!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Showing one more line of the meeting of Peter doing some other business might have been good. Just to show that his mind is on actually running this company now and not just obsessed with destroying Goblin gear. I figured that stuff was going on in the rest of the meeting but you don't get that impression when first reading and it could be solved with a quick sentence of him asking the status of the profits, an update of a particular department, or him suggesting a particular business move. Just a thought. As I said it was a great issue. That part just bugged me a little. The scene just seemed incomplete.

Spidey Fan
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Spidey Fan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:Spidey Fan, all I can say is - thank you! Way too many wonderful compliments and insights to address each one individually, but I loved hearing every single one. I really appreciate it, and thanks for reading!

Thanks for writing! I wish I had the talent to write like you do, especially such a captivating read.

Venomaniac
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Venomaniac » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Re-read it before #10

A few lines seemed off to me, bhut that's a moot point

My question for you though:

When did Peter get a car?????

If you liked Lost... you will love Fringe
If you liked the X-Files... you will love Fringe

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/11 ... ringe.html
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20649
http://www.fringebloggers.com/just-the- ... more-21165
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20971
If there is any sports team that Spider-Man embodies...it is the New York Islanders
The Wave Beam: shoots electric Kitty Prydes at people at the speed of light. -CrazyChris

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 am

Venomaniac wrote:When did Peter get a car?????
When the Chairman and CEO of Oscorp needs something to drive for the day, he gets something to drive for the day :wink:
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey