Previous Article

Panel of the Day #1547 (Splash Page Sunday!)

Next Article

Spider-Variants of the Week 4/24/24

You might be interested in …

6 Comments

1. Ah, well, I still have to read 1984 because I fear I’d get depression from the disquieting similarity with today’s world, so I feel you.

2. @Aqu@ — Another good point. The freedom to make mistakes and grow and learn and improve is what life is all about, in my experience. That reminds me — Mark said Brave New World is one of his favorite books, so I need to add it to my list, though it sounds like a cautionary tale that might make me a little paranoid.

3. Oh, but we can. Unluckily said writer is also us.

(but if we’re going all serious on the topic: I actually prefer to be able to make my own choices, that’s why I’m disturbed by the direction the world has taken)

4. Aqu@ — That’s a good point. Not about the drama (though you’re right about that, too), but the acting like a jerk part.

You’d think, though, that Peter would be very supportive of his “brother” wanting to return to normal. Maybe at this point Peter has conveniently forgotten that there was good in him at one point. Or maybe that was just 27 Bens ago.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could blame our own stupid behavior on a writer? Peter’s lucky.

5. But where’s the DRAMA in that?
    I mean, all this dumb Chasm situation would have been resolved before starting if everyone involved didn’t act like a jerk.

6. Why don’t Peter and Betty take the Winkler machine after Dr. Kafka restores Ben’s memories? Then everyone wins.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *