Crawl Space to Match OMIT in July and August!

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Crawl Space to Match OMIT in July and August!

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 pm

This July and August, a different kind of gauntlet will be thrown down for The Amazing Spider-Man to face.

These months will bring the “One Moment in Time” or “OMIT” four-part storyline in Amazing Spider-Man #638-641, a follow-up to “One More Day” written by Joe Quesada with art by Quesada and Paolo Rivera. Considering the results of the infamous “OMD,” “OMIT” seems to be poised to renew the frustrations of a large group of Spider-Man fans already disenfranchised by “One More Day.”

So this site’s original, script-only web-series, Spider-Man: Crawl Space, which is set in the original continuity and features Peter and Mary Jane Parker as a married couple, is issuing an official challenge to “One Moment in Time.”

In July and August, Spider-Man: Crawl Space will match “One Moment in Time” issue-for-issue. Every Wednesday that brings an issue of “One Moment in Time” will also bring an issue of Spider-Man: Crawl Space. This way, fans unhappy with “One Moment in Time” will still have a source of original Spider-Man material to turn to with each new chapter. Fans can compare one-to-one and decide for themselves which is better – married or left at the alter.

This July and August, the release schedule will be as follows:

July 21 – ASM #638 “One Moment in Time Part 1″/S-M: CS #9 “One in a Million Part 1″

August 4 – ASM #639 “One Moment in Time Part 2″/S-M: CS #10 “One in a Million Part 2″

August 18 – ASM #640 “One Moment in Time Part 3″/S-M: CS #11 “One in a Million Part 3″

September 9 – ASM #641 “One Moment in Time Part 4″/S-M: CS #12 *Title to be Revealed*

So the bad news is that the next issue of Spider-Man: Crawl Space will not be arriving for almost another month still. But the good news is, in two months’ time you’ll get 4 issues of Crawl Space, including the oversized #12.

If you’ve been looking at July and August filled with trepidation as a Spider-Man fan, I hope you can now look toward these months – indeed, these specific Wednesdays – with a greater sense of anticipation. Spider-Man: Crawl Space has always been a labor of love for the fans, so we’d consider it an honor to be your Spidey alternative in this potentially turbulent time for our favorite character.

And here is your first look at the fully colored cover for Crawl Space #9 by David Crim (aka Hambone) and bdog!

Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Venomaniac
Avenger
Avenger

Re: Crawl Space to Match OMIT in July and August!

Post by Venomaniac » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:53 pm

4 issues in 2 months?

Excellent!

I can't wait!

If you liked Lost... you will love Fringe
If you liked the X-Files... you will love Fringe

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/11 ... ringe.html
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20649
http://www.fringebloggers.com/just-the- ... more-21165
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20971
If there is any sports team that Spider-Man embodies...it is the New York Islanders
The Wave Beam: shoots electric Kitty Prydes at people at the speed of light. -CrazyChris

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Kev,
You did not disappoint. This is a cool announcement. Do you already have most of the issues in the can? How long have you been planning this?

slave83b
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by slave83b » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Holy crap, Kevin! This is incredible! How long have you been planning this?
Delta House Member - Nacho

"I have never been to a freak show or taken acid, but this is what I imagine doing both at once must be like." - CrazyChris

SpiderPlumber
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by SpiderPlumber » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 pm

This is excellent news, Kevin! I'm looking forward to enjoying my Spider-summer now.....
Once again I'll say, to all the Marvel Creators - LOOK THIS WAY!!!!!

Kevin, please accept my early thanks and congratulations on an excellent summer!
"That ol' Parker Luck...."

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks so much guys! I'm constantly amazed by your continued excitement for a series that comes out so infrequently. Well, until July and August, that is! :wink:
FSUSpiderFan wrote:Do you already have most of the issues in the can? How long have you been planning this?
slave83b wrote:How long have you been planning this?
Well, you guys already know I'm crazy. The honest answer? I've been planning this since last night. I just think it's a really good idea, and if I get moving on it right away, I can do this. Two months is not actually that short a time to produce 4 issues, even with one being oversized, if I make it my top priority. Sadly I can't afford to make Crawl Space my top priority on a regular basis, but I can do a two month push and get this done. Thankfully Hambone's already got three of the covers in the can, so he'll just have to produce one more in the time frame, and that shouldn't be a problem. Bdog's the other one besides me who's really going to have to hit this hard, and thankfully he's on summer vacation and he's on board for this. So, it's going to be a lot of work and require a lot more focus than I can regularly give to this, but we can pull it off. It's gonna be fun!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 am

Good luck to you Kev, I will be eagerly awaiting the issues. [smilie=spidey_thumbs.gif]
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

slave83b
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by slave83b » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:32 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:Thanks so much guys! I'm constantly amazed by your continued excitement for a series that comes out so infrequently. Well, until July and August, that is! :wink:
Hey, I read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men as it was coming out, CS isn't much less frequent than that. Quality begets enthusiasm, my friend!
Delta House Member - Nacho

"I have never been to a freak show or taken acid, but this is what I imagine doing both at once must be like." - CrazyChris

Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Funnykay » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:15 am

This is going to be epic.
So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:06 am

As an added bonus: Spideydude.com will be giving you the preview of the next cover the day these issues are released! There will be a link supplied at he bottom of the page to direct you that way. While you there feel free to check out other clone related topics!
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

coolmvm
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by coolmvm » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:10 am

I must say this is pretty risky even for you Kevin, but I hope you get it done within the time limit. [smilie=spidey_dude.gif]
Spider-girl forever!!

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 pm

coolmvm wrote:I must say this is pretty risky even for you Kevin
Well I figure if Crawl Space is an answer to BND, then OMIT is pretty much put up or shut up time!

And yes, you will be getting a preview of the next cover's inks exclusively on spideydude.com when the issues go up here. Maybe Spideydude can set up a donation link to make sure he gets those bills paid in July and August :P

CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by CrazyChris » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm

That cover is fantastic. I love the coloring and the border is very cool.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 pm

CrazyChris wrote:That cover is fantastic. I love the coloring and the border is very cool.
Honestly, both Hambone and bdog just keep getting better and better. I think I have one of the best art teams in comics [smilie=spidey_not_kidding.gif]

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 am

Folks, Having seen next issue's cover. I can say: WOW. Well done Gents. Well Done.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.