Crawl Space Fan Survey

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Crawl Space Fan Survey

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:14 pm

It's a very simple survey - just list your top 5 favorite lesser-used villains. Basically anybody besides the really popular Spidey villains like the ones being used in The Gauntlet. I'd appreciate if everybody participates. I'd like to know what characters that don't come to mind immediately when you think of "A-list Spider-Man villains" people dig and might like to see.

And just for fun, let me know if there are anybody else's villains that you think would be really good against Spider-Man.

Fair warning: Most of these likely won't be used. Mostly I just want to take the pulse of the readership on some of these guys. But who knows, I could look at one of your choices and have a great story start spinning in my head around it. You never know until you try.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Re: Crawl Space Fan Survey

Post by Hollister4Mayor » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:17 am

1. The Looter
2. Just a guy named Joe
3. Black Fox
4. Blackie Draco (the Vulture)
5. Hammerhead

As for other heroes villains I'd say:
1. Bullseye
2. Sabretooth
3. Blob
4. Elektra
5. Lady Bullseye

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 am

Styx and Stone, Cardiac, Tombstone, and Shriek. Mostly nineties villains, except Tombstone, that haven't been touched on in forever. They weren't as well developed but you could make something of them.

Hambone
Artist
Artist

Post by Hambone » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:38 am

1.) Jack O' Lantern/ Mad Jack
2.) Carrion (the original "Jackal Clone" version which I've seen recently in a "Spectacular Essentials," way cooler then the dull guy running around in the 90's calling Shriek "mother.")
3.) Hammerhead (the ah, recent "BND" version :oops: , they got rid of the silly 40's gangster schtick and made him more formidable and interesting.)
4.) Morbius (when he's a villain, I hate that goofy anti-hero stuff. Marvel's already got a dozen or so heroes afflicted with "curses" that they need a cure for such as the Hulk, Werewolf by Night,the original Ghost Rider, the Lizard, etc. etc.)
5.) I dunno, how about the Vulturions? (Mainly just because they remind me of the "Bluebird Gang" from this old Spidey children's book I had that teaches you colors and numbers.)

EDIT: Ya know, take out the Vulturions and replace number 5 with Fusion (the second one) the story where it looks like he broke every bone in Spidey's body and left him paralyzed on the floor was really good imo.

Of course, if the Hobgoblin is considered a lessar used villain, then he automatically gets the top spot.

Other heroes villains I like to see Spidey slug it out with:
1.) Bullseye
2.) Mr. Fear
3.) Dr. Doom
4.) Mystique
5.) Titania
6.) Ultron
7.) Sabertooth
8.) Enchantress
9.) Taskmaster
Last edited by Hambone on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You want to be a genius? It's easy, just say everything stinks, then you're never wrong. That's how much of a genius I am!"

-Wilbur Cobb The Ren and Stimpy Show.

My Deviant Art Page!

spidertour02

Post by spidertour02 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Here are my picks ...

(1) Morbius: C'mon now ...
(2) Kaine: A better character than he was written.
(3) Shriek: I don't know why, but I have a soft spot for her.
(4) Jimmy-6: One of the few characters to bleed over from the Ben Reilly Spider-Man era. I liked him a lot because he fit into a grey area.
(5) Paul Stacy: Not a villain per se, but I loved the Paul Stacy/Jill Stacy stuff from the "transition period" between the Clone Saga and the reboot.

Sense a pattern? All of these guys are from the 90s, and 4 out of the 5 of these guys featured in the Mackie/JR JR run on Peter Parker: Spider-Man.

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:18 pm

1) Crime Master: caught Spidey, and got under Norman's skin, he is made of epic win.
2) Morbius: he's a living vampire for crying out loud!
3) Alistair Smythe: very unappreciated villain in my book, not to mention I had a soft spot for him and still do thanks to the animated series, etc.
4) Black Fox: he robbed freakin' Dr. Doom, nuff said right there
5) original Carrion: one of the few genuinely creepy Spidey foes
Last edited by Shadow116 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

SpiderPool279
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by SpiderPool279 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm

1. Spot
2. Kangraoo
3.Puma
4. Cloak and Dagger (originally villains, not so much anymore)
5. B-List Symbiotes

Other Chars Villains:
1. Taskmaster
2. Bullseye
3. Sinestro(please?)
4.Black Knight
5. Hawkeye(originally he was a villian, see if he could be that way again!)
ImageImage
Why Spidey and Deadpool don't team-up more often
BEST OMD JOKE EVER (warning: large image)

RHagen
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by RHagen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 am

B-List Spidey Villains

1. Dr. Jonas Harrow
2. The Iguana
3. Clifton Shallot (3rd Vulture)
4. Science Squid (From JMS's run)
5. Mirage
"If a spider could sling a web like you, it would sling so much better..."

"Continuity, continuity, continuity" ~ the rule that all good writers should be follow.

Delta House Member "Killbot"
Friendly Fire Season One - "The JoMo'" Award -Banner

Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Hollister4Mayor » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Cobra
Deliah
Proto-Goblin

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 am

If this thread proves anything, it's that every character has a fan [smilie=spidey_not_kidding.gif]
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Zero
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Zero » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Toxin(Rocks)
Spot
Tombstone
Demogoblin
Manwolf

A monster called....Morbius!(title of first appreance)
Ghost Rider
Nosverato
Bullseye
Riddler :lol:
Image NORMAN OSBORN

DiabeticSpidey
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by DiabeticSpidey » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Here's my suggestions, a little late though, but this is the first time I've seen this thread........

1. Hypno-Hustler
2. Ringer(the one from Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man)
3. the original Prowler
4. the Tinkerer
5. the Schemer(Richard Fisk long before he became the Rose)

Other heroes' villains:

1. the Jester(an old Daredevil villain)
2. the Leader
3. Puppet Master
as long as a few others suggested DC villains, I'll thrrow in 2.
4. the Black Spider(an old Batman villain from the 70's or 80's)
5. Doomsday

Nova#1
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Nova#1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 am

I got a couple that nobody has mentioned, Judas Traveller and Scrier(s) [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]
Click to see what Ben Reilly thinks of OMD

tnr105
Avenger
Avenger

Post by tnr105 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 pm

With the lack of new Crawlspace issues *hint-hint*, I've been going back and rereading some issues, and relistening to old podcast episodes, now that Ben is back it would be interesting to see Mr. Sinister take an interest in the "Perfect Clone". As far as supporting characters, I doubt Kevin has the time, but it would always be nice to see some tie-in miniseries or oneshots starring Ben, Toxin, Felicia, or Morbius.
"Children play in the shadow of the Spider-Dong!" -George Berryman, Episode 309

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:15 pm

tnr105 wrote:With the lack of new Crawlspace issues *hint-hint*, I've been going back and rereading some issues, and relistening to old podcast episodes, now that Ben is back it would be interesting to see Mr. Sinister take an interest in the "Perfect Clone".
That actually does sound like an idea that would kick serious ass. I've got this story planned out quite far ahead already, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future!
As far as supporting characters, I doubt Kevin has the time, but it would always be nice to see some tie-in miniseries or oneshots starring Ben, Toxin, Felicia, or Morbius.
All 4 have large parts to play in the main series, and you're right, considering it's been damn near a year since I've gotten an issue out at all, having time for tie-in minis doesn't sound likely. I promise you'll get all you need of them in the title, though! (No "see Mr. Negative #3 for the full story" situations happening here :wink: )