Crawl Space #7 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Re: Crawl Space #7 Discussion Thread

Post by Enigma_2099 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Man, only being able to post messages really blows chunks. Looks like it's possibly my hard drive, Kevin. I'm out for now. I'll make it up to you all when I'm back on my feet. Pass the word to Spideydude... and tell bdog to be good... and if he can't, tell him I said, "DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!!"
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Enigma_2099 wrote:Man, only being able to post messages really blows chunks. Looks like it's possibly my hard drive, Kevin. I'm out for now. I'll make it up to you all when I'm back on my feet. Pass the word to Spideydude... and tell bdog to be good... and if he can't, tell him I said, "DON'T GET CAUGHT!!!!"
I hear you man :twisted:

Hope ur back soon bro

Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Hollister4Mayor » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 am

Kevin let me compare your work and writing styles to the great Stan Lee. They were great great GREAT stories but they were a little rough around the edges but with each issue it got better and better. THAT is what Crawl Space is!

Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Hollister4Mayor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 pm

I have three guesses for the phone person.

1. Venom
2. Betty Brant
3. Tinkerer

and a bonus guess

Judas Traveller or the Jackal

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Folks, I've got something really amazing to show you tonight. I just got the colored version of Hambone's impromptu Crawl Space #7 variant from bdog tonight. I don't think it's a stretch to say this is the best work our good friend bdog has ever done. This cover is gorgeous. The issue has been updated with the colored version, but I will go ahead and share it with you here. Commence drooling!

Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 pm

That is going to be my new avatar..., that is AMAZING bdog, excellent, excellent job [smilie=spidey_dude.gif].
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

WadeWilson
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by WadeWilson » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm

That's an awesome cover.

This reminds me, I have some catching up to do on Crawl Space. That Black Spider dude looks sick!

Of course, it was only a matter of time before Wolverine made his way into Crawl Space. He's been in every other Marvel related book... [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]
Delta House Member - Jungleboy

Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Hollister4Mayor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:31 am

Wowzas!

CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by CrazyChris » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 pm

I have to say, that's the coolest fan-made comic book cover I have ever seen, bar none.

Hambone
Artist
Artist

Post by Hambone » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 pm

It looks terrific Bdog, great job! [smilie=spidey_clap.gif]
"You want to be a genius? It's easy, just say everything stinks, then you're never wrong. That's how much of a genius I am!"

-Wilbur Cobb The Ren and Stimpy Show.

My Deviant Art Page!

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks guys your making me blush :oops: :)

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:49 am

WadeWilson wrote:Of course, it was only a matter of time before Wolverine made his way into Crawl Space. He's been in every other Marvel related book... [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]
Heh, wait until you read what that actually is. Hambone put that on the cover as a joke, because they would literally do that in the 90s for anything. I think it'll give you a chuckle :lol:
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:30 am

Yes! The Foo Fighters' Pretender...GREAT SONG!

You know, when you were talking about siphoning blood, I thought of this one episode in Buffy (season 2, I think) where some vamps created this table and they would sit a human on it and they would suck all the blood of that human. I think it was very efficient for them!

My only nitpick on the issue is concerning Peter even getting up in the end! Was there a transfusion going on as well? Besides the fact that he was never truly rid of all of his blood, I feel like he would be in a weakened state! Plus, what's the "Man in Black's" agenda?! (And how did he get off of the island?! Haha, a little Lost joke there!)

I think you made a good decision having some lighthearted moments in here. The previous issue was entirely dark and I think it would have been very heavy having this one completely about Goblin vs. Goblin and Black Spider's machinations. I applaud the fact that you give readers an emotional break in between these scenes (I laughed out loud when MJ hung up on Logan after he asked her what she was wearing, and the Carlie-Flash scene was great!). Of course, then when our heart/mind is at ease, you throw us back into the dungeon again! I could actually liken this emotional roller coaster to The Aeneid and The Satyricon. Great job!

EDIT: Actually, I think #8 probably answers my questions. I just thought he would be too weak to stand, but I guess his little-remaining spider-powers are sustaining him but he is not completely up to task...maybe 30%? And now I know who the "Man in Black" is!
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by BD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:55 am

Great issue bro!
Pros: The answering machine bit was freaking hilarious. I love that you blend humor in with the dark parts. Peter David has done this successfully for years and it's why he's one of my favorites.

I also love the flashback scene of Spidey. And the line where the Black Spider says he'll be a better Spider-Man. Great scene.

Cons: Not too many this issue. The only scene that didn't quite work for me was the Carlie mounting Flash scene. She doesn't seem the hop on a dude type. She's more bookwormish and this is a move MJ would make more than the science girl. It was a cute scene of Flash surprising her.

Off to the latest issue bro, can't wait.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nova#1
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Nova#1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:58 am

Yay! Ben Reilly lives! Oh, wait a second... [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]

Is the "Black Clad Man" ever going to be revealed? Apart from money, I can't think or a reason that this guy would be involved in all this. Black Spider must've given him a lot of money.

I had been thinking that the Black Spider was going to either replace Pete or make Pete better. Just because he has seen all the failings that Spider-Man has gone through. Even seems to have kind of shared the experiences with Pete. So it is understandable that he'd want to make a better Spider-Man. I love that the Black Spider can picture himself in Pete's future.

Kind of funny that in his fantasy, it seems like he lives with Peter :lol: But again, understandable. As Black Spider did seem to share Peter's lift. He did say "us" during one of his sessions with the shrink.

Loved the answering machine messages. Especially the Sentry's. But I do find it strange that Spidey would have the crazy bastards number! :lol:

Something that I like seeing in these stories is that there is so much going on on the super hero side of things, but there is still some supporting cast moments sprinkled all over the place. All in all, quite a good mix.
Click to see what Ben Reilly thinks of OMD