Crawl Space WILL continue indefinitely!

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Re: Crawl Space WILL continue indefinitely!

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Bermuda Triangle with Kurt Connor's missing hand...

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:25 pm

jeffgamer wrote:MISSING PERSONS REPORT:

* Amelia Earheart
* Charles Lindbergh
* Spider-Man: Crawl Space.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of any of the above, please post here forthwith. ;-)
Sorry I kidnapped Kevin and locked him in my kitchen for a few weeks. I'll put him back where I found him.... :cry:

cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:27 am

I really miss my dose of CS. :cry:
Delta Tau Chi Brother Name- Manta

Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Enigma_2099 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 am

We all do... but I'm gonna say it again. You guys want this on a regular basis...

... PAY HIM. Or be patient.
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Unfortunately paying him will get him sued by Marvel and their just looking for an excuse at this point :wink:

tschamp

Post by tschamp » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:39 pm

I will pay him in Crawlspace points....Brad can loan me some Crawlspace points please?

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Ha, you guys made me laugh. Thanks for the levity even though I'm embarrassingly late [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]

I'm gonna respect you guys enough to tell you the truth here even though it makes me look bad: I've had plenty of time to finish this issue, but every time I sit down to write it, my heart just hasn't been in it. That's not to say I'm thinking about cancelling it again, or that I'm not still excited about the series, or anything like that. I guess I've just been distracted, and I admit I've let myself fall into the trap of being more excited about what's coming up than what I'm doing now. I'll get over it and I'll get this thing out. I feel really bad about how long it's been with nothing to show you guys (especially since I have two badass covers by Enigma_2099 and bdog) but I'd just rather keep you waiting than give you something that's not gonna get you jazzed, that's not worthy of the incredible commitment you have to a fan project. Basically I'd rather put out nothing than rushed crap.

I wish I had a better explanation than that. I wish I had a projected release date for you. But for right now, that's where we are. I really do hope things pick up soon.

I tell ya what I can do, though. I'm pretty happy with the first scene (first 3 pages) so how about a real-comic-style preview? Now since I haven't finished the issue and put it through final edits, every word of this is subject to change. But it's at least a tiny morsel to hold you over for now. I owe you guys at least that much.

Spider-Man: Crawl Space #7
“Spider-Man Black Part 5 – Goblins Fill My Skies”
By Kevin Cushing
Covers by Enigma_2099 and Brandon DP

Previously in Spider-Man: Crawl Space – Following the shooting death of Aunt May, Peter and Mary Jane Parker were able to reverse their deal with Mephisto and restore the timeline with one exception – the public unmasking never took place. Only those that found out Spider-Man’s identity in another way know who he is. The couple were warned of a price for this reversal – two people besides themselves would remember everything. One of these was Harry Osborn who, unbeknownst to the world, rose from the grave merely a year after his death. He has returned now in secret, killing Norman Osborn and crowning himself the Goblin King. Since his return he has been tracking his half-brother, Gabriel Stacy aka the Grey Goblin, to cleanse the Osborn bloodline. He has also called his half-sister, Sarah Stacy, to the United States under the guise of a superior within Interpol with information about her brother Gabe.

The second person to remember the altered past is the Black Spider, a shadowy villain who ordered Aunt May’s death, the destruction of the Daily Bugle, and has only recently lost Gabe Stacy from his employ upon the return of Gabe’s memories. The Black Spider paid a surprise visit to Oscorp, willed to Peter Parker after Norman Osborn’s death, to reveal his identity to Peter. He is Simon Parker, brother of Spider-Man. He was born in Algeria while Richard and Mary Parker were on their last undercover mission within the Red Skull’s organization. After the Parker’s were found out and killed, Simon was raised by the Red Skull’s henchmen and groomed to one day infiltrate the United States by using Peter. Simon, however, proved an unexpected prodigy at reading even the tiniest of facial expressions and formed a perceived bond with Peter through years of photographs, not knowing the two were brothers. But after telling Peter all this, Simon and his mysterious black clad associate surprised Peter and kidnapped him from Oscorp…

PAGE 1

Panel 1: Full page. Ext. Night. Against a black sky full of lightning we see, from below, the Black Spider standing on top of the bridge holding Mary Jane over the edge by the neck. We can also see the back of Spider-Man’s head in the bottom of the page looking up, but with a skewed perspective because everything is large enough to see clearly.
BLACK SPIDER:
It had to come to this, Peter!
If you’d saved me, you could have saved her!
But you’ve never protected your family!
OFF PANEL:
Why didn’t you save your brother, son?

PAGE 2

Panel 1: The background is solid black. We see Spider-Man, having just spun around, with Richard Parker’s hand on his shoulder. Richard looks sad.
RICHARD:
Why didn’t you save your brother?
SPIDEY:
I – I didn’t even know he existed!

Panel 2: Now Uncle Ben stands beside Richard, facing Spider-Man.
UNCLE BEN:
What kind of excuse is that for a Parker?
With great power must also come great responsibility.
And what greater responsibility is there than family?

Panel 3: Aunt May now stands beside Uncle Ben and Richard. Peter stands in the middle of the three, facing them, with his mask now gone. He’s surprised to see May there.
AUNT MAY:
Oh but dear, he’s never saved his family.

Panel 4: Now Ben Reilly stands beside May, wearing his Spider-Man costume except for the mask.
BEN:
The only one he’s managed to keep alive is the beautiful redhead he gets to go to bed with every night.
Why is that, Pete?

Panel 5: Peter has whirled around again. The others are gone, but Gwen Stacy stands on the other side of him now, facing him.
GWEN:
And those that love you always stay dead.

Panel 6: Peter has whirled back around, facing Harry on his other side. Gwen has disappeared.
HARRY:
While those that hate you keep coming back.
And Peter –

PAGE 3

Panel 1: Close on Harry’s face, smiling evil in the blackness.
HARRY:
I do not love you.

Panel 2: Peter is still facing the same direction, but Harry is gone. Behind him we see a man standing in a Green Goblin costume, with his head in shadow.
GREEN GOBLIN:
After all –

Panel 3: Peter has turned around to face him, and the face has been revealed as Norman Osborn. He stands there perfectly still, emotionless.
NORMAN:
- is there any part of you that believes you won’t see me again?

Panel 4: Peter just stands there stunned and staring as Norman’s face has faded into shadow again.

Panel 5: Peter stands in the same place in the blackness alone.
SIMON CAP:
“I wonder what he’s dreaming in there.”
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

tschamp

Post by tschamp » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 pm

LOOK! I got my fixed and my hands have stopped shaking!

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:19 pm

I think a preview can hold me over lol. Much appreciated Kevin.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

spidertour02

Post by spidertour02 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:28 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:Ha, you guys made me laugh. Thanks for the levity even though I'm embarrassingly late [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]

I'm gonna respect you guys enough to tell you the truth here even though it makes me look bad: I've had plenty of time to finish this issue, but every time I sit down to write it, my heart just hasn't been in it. That's not to say I'm thinking about cancelling it again, or that I'm not still excited about the series, or anything like that. I guess I've just been distracted, and I admit I've let myself fall into the trap of being more excited about what's coming up than what I'm doing now. I'll get over it and I'll get this thing out. I feel really bad about how long it's been with nothing to show you guys (especially since I have two badass covers by Enigma_2099 and bdog) but I'd just rather keep you waiting than give you something that's not gonna get you jazzed, that's not worthy of the incredible commitment you have to a fan project. Basically I'd rather put out nothing than rushed crap.

I wish I had a better explanation than that. I wish I had a projected release date for you. But for right now, that's where we are. I really do hope things pick up soon.
Don't worry man, we understand. You put a lot into this, and the effort is appreciated. :D

By the way, is Scott no longer doing covers?

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:37 am

Scott was unable to do a cover at the time I thought I needed it because of his pro work. Enigma and bdog graciously stepped in in what I thought was a pinch and did a cover for me. Then a few weeks later they surprised me by doing the other cover idea I'd had as well. And I can't really express to them how much I appreciate both of those. I previewed the first cover already (somewhere...) but I'm saving the second cover so there's actually something new to show when the issue goes up. Scott is not at all off the series, though, and I'm hopeful he'll be able to return to covers by at least issue 9. I'd like him to do issue 8, but I already have two variants for that one if he can't so it wouldn't be a problem.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

spidertour02

Post by spidertour02 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:53 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:Scott was unable to do a cover at the time I thought I needed it because of his pro work. Enigma and bdog graciously stepped in in what I thought was a pinch and did a cover for me. Then a few weeks later they surprised me by doing the other cover idea I'd had as well. And I can't really express to them how much I appreciate both of those. I previewed the first cover already (somewhere...) but I'm saving the second cover so there's actually something new to show when the issue goes up. Scott is not at all off the series, though, and I'm hopeful he'll be able to return to covers by at least issue 9. I'd like him to do issue 8, but I already have two variants for that one if he can't so it wouldn't be a problem.
Ah, ok.

Besides, with Enigma and bdog, we can be sure it's good work of the badass variety. :wink:

Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Enigma_2099 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:00 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:Ha, you guys made me laugh. Thanks for the levity even though I'm embarrassingly late [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]

I'm gonna respect you guys enough to tell you the truth here even though it makes me look bad: I've had plenty of time to finish this issue, but every time I sit down to write it, my heart just hasn't been in it.
It's called "Writer's Block"... it happens... I sometimes suffer from "Artist's Block..."
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

BtmxComedy
Avenger
Avenger

Post by BtmxComedy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 pm

*Copies new issue preview into Microsoft Word*

*Control F...Find: Richard*

*Replace with: Carlie*

Mental recovery begins.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Pisst. I just beat Kevin in tersm of getting an issue out. :P
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.