Crawl Space #6 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:46 pm

See, this is what happens when a writer's too accessable to the readers. Jokes about crappy one-off villains. Sigh. :roll:
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:59 pm

That´s why CS is so cool, you talk to your audience.
Delta Tau Chi Brother Name- Manta

CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by CrazyChris » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:23 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:See, this is what happens when a writer's too accessable to the readers. Jokes about crappy one-off villains. Sigh. :roll:
Speaking of which, when are you going to reveal the identity of Jackpot? That mystery has been going on since FCBD 07 without a resolution in a canonical Spider-Man story!

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 am

CrazyChris wrote:
Kevin Cushing wrote:See, this is what happens when a writer's too accessable to the readers. Jokes about crappy one-off villains. Sigh. :roll:
Speaking of which, when are you going to reveal the identity of Jackpot? That mystery has been going on since FCBD 07 without a resolution in a canonical Spider-Man story!
Unless you count the crap-ual

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 am

CrazyChris wrote:
Ha ha hell no! I cleaned up the big mess with the deal with the devil, the rest of the messes I left to the brain trust. No Jackpots, no Menaces, no Dexter Bennet's in Crawl Space. Unless, of course, in the unlikely event I come up with some great story for them. But don't hold your breath. They've gone the way of Senator Ward...
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Enigma_2099 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:21 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:
CrazyChris wrote:
Ha ha hell no! I cleaned up the big mess with the deal with the devil, the rest of the messes I left to the brain trust. No Jackpots, no Menaces, no Dexter Bennet's in Crawl Space. Unless, of course, in the unlikely event I come up with some great story for them. But don't hold your breath. They've gone the way of Senator Ward...
See, it's comments like this that make me love this man.
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

CloneSaga
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by CloneSaga » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Kevin. During the summer I have now read all six and a half issues and in short I can honestly say; You are a true Spider-Man writer!! The way you write stories is grasping the essence of what makes a Spider-Man story great. Do something, build on it, reveal stuff, build further. I liked the developments very much. I'm not sure if I would have liked that Osborn senior now is six feet under again if Spider-Man:Crawl Space was taking place in the actual ASM comic, but I would have no problem accepting it. (Hope you will retcon him back in some way later). Besides my personal preference on Osborn senior's status, I think the stories are excellent in execution! I would love it if you became a Marvel Spider-Man writer sometime in the future!

In the mean time we are lucky to have you right here! (and even for free...) [smilie=spidey_thumbs.gif]
Peter Benjamin Parker
1962-2007
He taught us responsibility
--------------------<>----------------------
| CONTINUITY & CHARACTERIZATION |
--------------------<>----------------------
#15 on the Anti-QMD list
" It wasn’t a requirement for it to be in every issue nor should it be a requirement for it to be reference in every issue. That was writers mistake to think the readers want it there in every issue."
-tschamp 09/17/2009

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:07 am

Thanks so much, CS! I really appreciate you taking the time to read through all these, and I'm very happy you're enjoying the ride! And don't worry, once we get further into Harry's story, I'm betting you'll forget all about his daddy [smilie=greengoblin.gif]

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 am

Where's the Lucky 7?
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Soon as I can. I've been really busy lately. Sorry guys.

Combustible Pumpkins
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Re: Crawl Space #6 Discussion Thread

Post by Combustible Pumpkins » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:03 am

Wow! There was so much in this one issue, Kev! Sorry it took so long to read it! Wow. I have a next to impossible dream now. To see this drawn! [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif] I mean it, Kev! This was great story-telling and I'm beginning to see your point about what has been lost in the thrice monthly. Hope Wacker reads this one. Later!

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey thanks a lot, CP! That's all really kind of you to say. Gotta admit, I'm actually kinda glad it took you this long to read it because it's really nice to still be getting some new comments 2 months later. Especially when I haven't managed to get the new one up yet...I'm working on it, people, I swear!

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:45 pm

You just know it's going to be like last time.... YOu get yours up Monday, I'll get mine up Friday.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Berserkfury819
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Re:

Post by Berserkfury819 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:22 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:
CrazyChris wrote:
Oh man. I remember Senator Ward...
Spider-Man RIP. 1962-2007

You've pissed off my piss button- Matisleonhart

Send somebody back in time to shoot the pigeon- Kevin Cushing.

With blood and rage of crimson red
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead
Together with our Hellish hate
We'll burn you all. That is your fate

Mister Mets

Post by Mister Mets » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 am

I'm rereading all of Spider-Man Black before I get to the new issue, and one line struck me. Have Richard and Mary Parker ever literally been established as "charter members" of SHIELD? I have an interest in SHIELD's backstory, and I just think that's a kickass idea.