Page 6 of 8

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:42 pm
by Shadow116
I'm with you Kev, God help me I haven't had time to work on more of my Pilots and novel. Every time I think I have time homework hits, and before I know it I'm swamped. Luckily with Spring Break coming up I can get stuff done lol.

Trust me Kev, you're not as bad as me when it comes to deadlines sometimes lol.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:42 pm
by Enigma_2099
Shadow116 wrote:I'm with you Kev, God help me I haven't had time to work on more of my Pilots and novel. Every time I think I have time homework hits, and before I know it I'm swamped. Luckily with Spring Break coming up I can get stuff done lol.

Trust me Kev, you're not as bad as me when it comes to deadlines sometimes lol.
Sounds like I need to come over there, too.

Just remember, guys... deadlines only matter if you WANT them to... or if you're getting PAID.

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:56 pm
by Spideydude
OK Kev's been awfully quiet as of late..

-SD

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm
by bdog
WHERE IS THIS ISSUE AHHHHH!

Nah just kidding, take your time but not too long

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 pm
by Kevin Cushing
I'm sorry guys, I've been really busy and distracted lately. No excuse, but it's what I got.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:00 pm
by Enigma_2099
Kevin Cushing wrote:I'm sorry guys, I've been really busy and distracted lately. No excuse, but it's what I got.
We understand, Dick... crimefighting is a very demanding field, what with Batman gone and all...

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:45 pm
by insaneJonny
Kevin I REALLY don't mean to sound like a complete and utter asshole here because

A. I know how hard it is to write if you're not in the right mood and
B. I know you have a full time job in the bank

but wasn't one of the aims of this project to show you can keep to something resembling a monthly schedule?

This isn't me complaining that the issue isn't out yet, I'm not paying for it and have absolutely no right to complain because you don't owe me anything but still entertain me every issue, more me saying that you are not doing what you set out to do.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 pm
by Spider-Caster
Whether he does it monthly or not, I think Kevin has produced more than what 3/4ths of aspiring comic writers do. Kevin's already done 5 or 6 scripts and not just trailed off after 2 or 3. Can we focus on that?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:12 pm
by insaneJonny
I'm not arguing about his output, just saying he aspired to do more.

Especially since he has so much planned out that I don't think I'm ever gonna see everything he has so I wanna see as much of it as I can.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 pm
by FSUSpiderFan
Hey the months not over yet. He'll get it out when he's done. Personally I can't wait because I've had to cut out all my comic buying to save money. His free awesome Spidey and browsing at Barnes and Noble is all I've got left but I'll be patient. Better a little late and done right, than rushed and flawed.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 pm
by Shadow116
I second FSU on this one. I mean once in awhile Kev might be running a little behind, but can anyone honestly say the issue or so that was a bit late wasn't worth the wait? All that aside this issue must require tons of homework on Kev's part so cut him a little slack.

Take as much time as you need Kevin. [smilie=greengoblin.gif]

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:21 am
by insaneJonny
I'm not saying rush, I'm just trying to encourage him.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:30 pm
by Kevin Cushing
insaneJonny wrote:Kevin I REALLY don't mean to sound like a complete and utter asshole here because

A. I know how hard it is to write if you're not in the right mood and
B. I know you have a full time job in the bank

but wasn't one of the aims of this project to show you can keep to something resembling a monthly schedule?

This isn't me complaining that the issue isn't out yet, I'm not paying for it and have absolutely no right to complain because you don't owe me anything but still entertain me every issue, more me saying that you are not doing what you set out to do.
You got me, I guess I failed.

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm
by Spider-Girl
I wouldn't say you failed. The fact of the matter is, NO ONE understands what a certain profession holds until they decide to do it. Did you know how demanding being a comic writer is until now? No, you did not. From this experience you gained valuable knowledge and insight in the business and everyone should respect your for that. 97% of the people on this board have no idea what it's like...you do!

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:39 pm
by DMaynor
Spider-Girl wrote:I wouldn't say you failed. The fact of the matter is, NO ONE understands what a certain profession holds until they decide to do it. Did you know how demanding being a comic writer is until now? No, you did not. From this experience you gained valuable knowledge and insight in the business and everyone should respect your for that. 97% of the people on this board have no idea what it's like...you do!
x10000 [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]