Crawl Space #5 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:15 pm

Spideydude wrote:No Clue, this is much different, they don't share any type of memories, they are completely two different people. ANd as such, they aren't clones. Unless you bring back the Jackal, then say he has implanted memories. Although I'd venture the guess that Kevin has zero plans to go that route.
You should probably put money down on that. Little extra cash for Clone Saga back issues in your pocket!
Unless Simon is really Ben Reilly, then we'd be talking some smack.
No worries, smack is not imminent.
ditko_loves_green77 wrote:Clone Saga 2.0?
Because there's more tan one person with Spider powers?
Because there's someone who Peter might consider a brother?

Those are the only two connections I can find.
And you should question both of them :wink:
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

ditko_loves_green77
Avenger
Avenger

Post by ditko_loves_green77 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:And you should question both of them :wink:
Damn you and your teasers!

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:08 pm

bdog wrote:Only 4 more days til #6
Fair warning, this one's probably going to hit on the 14th rather than the 8th. This issue is pretty damn labor intensive with the massive amounts of research I've been doing on it, and I'm not going to rush out an issue I'm not happy with. I usually loathe coming in late, but the 14th will be a month after the last Crawl Space you got (the Valentine's Day Special) so I really don't feel too bad about it. And while #2.5 was only 8 pages, I certainly didn't hear anyone saying "Where's the beef?"
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Take your time Kev. I know the longer the wait the more impressed I am with your work.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:26 am

No worries Kev, I bet this issue is going to be great if not the best so far!

Ratchetdeam30
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Ratchetdeam30 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:09 pm

By Clone saga 2.0, I mean the fakeouts that ensue with a biological brother or anything similar just sounds a bit weird. I mean, how do you plan to show how Peter never knew and had a brother. Second, why would he orchestrate Gabe to kill HIS OWN AUNT. I know #6 will answer my questions, but for now, it smacks of overly complex like the Clone Saga became.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Ratchetdeam30 wrote:By Clone saga 2.0, I mean the fakeouts that ensue with a biological brother or anything similar just sounds a bit weird. I mean, how do you plan to show how Peter never knew and had a brother. Second, why would he orchestrate Gabe to kill HIS OWN AUNT. I know #6 will answer my questions, but for now, it smacks of overly complex like the Clone Saga became.
Ok, I can kind of see what you mean with that. And yes, you're correct, answers all coming in #6! And you'll gain an even deeper understanding of Simon's psychology in #7. So basically, I'm asking you to judge the arc when it's finished. After all, we're only 3 issues in. If this was the Clone Saga it would be at least 25 by now :wink:

Hambone
Artist
Artist

Post by Hambone » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:54 am

Im curious to find out if Simon is the son of Richard and Mary Parker or is actually Uncle Ben and Aunt May's child. (Since Pete was "adopted" by his Aunt and Uncle, in a way that would make him their son and thus Simon his "brother" (Step brother?)) Could explain the desire to take May away from Pete.

Or maybe the guy's just nuts. :wink:
"You want to be a genius? It's easy, just say everything stinks, then you're never wrong. That's how much of a genius I am!"

-Wilbur Cobb The Ren and Stimpy Show.

My Deviant Art Page!

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:14 am

Then he would be a cousin and the DNA would be able to tell that. Brothers would share 50% of the same genetic materials and cousins share maybe 25%.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:53 am

The COUNTDOWN TO 6 BEGINS!

T-Minus 36 hours....
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm

It's probably going to be more like Saturday night, actually. A complete epic from before conception all the way to evil mastermind filled with historical references? Not a quick job this month.

musicfighter
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by musicfighter » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:45 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:A complete epic from before conception all the way to evil mastermind filled with historical references?
Wow, that sounds like a Silver Age Stan Lee advertisement if I ever read one. Looking forward to it. [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Ok guys, I'm sorry but it's time to admit defeat on this second target date, too. It's just not ready to go up yet and I'm really not sure when it's going to be. Hopefully within the next couple of days. If you want to be emailed when it goes up, make sure to join the usergroup! Again, really sorry about this.

Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Enigma_2099 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:Ok guys, I'm sorry but it's time to admit defeat on this second target date, too. It's just not ready to go up yet and I'm really not sure when it's going to be. Hopefully within the next couple of days. If you want to be emailed when it goes up, make sure to join the usergroup! Again, really sorry about this.
... don't make me come over there...
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 pm

KEVIN SMITH! I don't know how, or why you've hacked my buddy's account. But your ways of delays are not Helping my headache!

I WILL HUNT YOU KEVIN SMITH!

CURSE YOUUUUUU!
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.