Crawl Space #5 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm with you Kev, God help me I haven't had time to work on more of my Pilots and novel. Every time I think I have time homework hits, and before I know it I'm swamped. Luckily with Spring Break coming up I can get stuff done lol.

Trust me Kev, you're not as bad as me when it comes to deadlines sometimes lol.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Enigma_2099 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Shadow116 wrote:I'm with you Kev, God help me I haven't had time to work on more of my Pilots and novel. Every time I think I have time homework hits, and before I know it I'm swamped. Luckily with Spring Break coming up I can get stuff done lol.

Trust me Kev, you're not as bad as me when it comes to deadlines sometimes lol.
Sounds like I need to come over there, too.

Just remember, guys... deadlines only matter if you WANT them to... or if you're getting PAID.
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:56 pm

OK Kev's been awfully quiet as of late..

-SD
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm

WHERE IS THIS ISSUE AHHHHH!

Nah just kidding, take your time but not too long

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm sorry guys, I've been really busy and distracted lately. No excuse, but it's what I got.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Enigma_2099
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Enigma_2099 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:I'm sorry guys, I've been really busy and distracted lately. No excuse, but it's what I got.
We understand, Dick... crimefighting is a very demanding field, what with Batman gone and all...
Delta House member: Werewolf

"Are you out of your F@%#%@ MIND!?!?!?!"

~Ghost Rider to Spider-man~

Well, he SHOULD say that to him....

And I'm sorry, Brad... I know you said she's all about sex, but you're f****** wrong.

~Donovan Grant~

insaneJonny
Avenger
Avenger

Post by insaneJonny » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Kevin I REALLY don't mean to sound like a complete and utter asshole here because

A. I know how hard it is to write if you're not in the right mood and
B. I know you have a full time job in the bank

but wasn't one of the aims of this project to show you can keep to something resembling a monthly schedule?

This isn't me complaining that the issue isn't out yet, I'm not paying for it and have absolutely no right to complain because you don't owe me anything but still entertain me every issue, more me saying that you are not doing what you set out to do.
The Only Thing Worse Than Anti-BND Fanboys.....is Pro-BND Fanboys
Follow me on twitter for nerd related rants and drunken ramblings
SUPPORT X-factor
Herc
Fringe
Community
Breaking Bad

Spider-Caster
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Spider-Caster » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Whether he does it monthly or not, I think Kevin has produced more than what 3/4ths of aspiring comic writers do. Kevin's already done 5 or 6 scripts and not just trailed off after 2 or 3. Can we focus on that?

insaneJonny
Avenger
Avenger

Post by insaneJonny » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm not arguing about his output, just saying he aspired to do more.

Especially since he has so much planned out that I don't think I'm ever gonna see everything he has so I wanna see as much of it as I can.
SUPPORT X-factor
Herc
Fringe
Community
Breaking Bad

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Hey the months not over yet. He'll get it out when he's done. Personally I can't wait because I've had to cut out all my comic buying to save money. His free awesome Spidey and browsing at Barnes and Noble is all I've got left but I'll be patient. Better a little late and done right, than rushed and flawed.

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 pm

I second FSU on this one. I mean once in awhile Kev might be running a little behind, but can anyone honestly say the issue or so that was a bit late wasn't worth the wait? All that aside this issue must require tons of homework on Kev's part so cut him a little slack.

Take as much time as you need Kevin. [smilie=greengoblin.gif]
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

insaneJonny
Avenger
Avenger

Post by insaneJonny » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:21 am

I'm not saying rush, I'm just trying to encourage him.
SUPPORT X-factor
Herc
Fringe
Community
Breaking Bad

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:30 pm

insaneJonny wrote:Kevin I REALLY don't mean to sound like a complete and utter asshole here because

A. I know how hard it is to write if you're not in the right mood and
B. I know you have a full time job in the bank

but wasn't one of the aims of this project to show you can keep to something resembling a monthly schedule?

This isn't me complaining that the issue isn't out yet, I'm not paying for it and have absolutely no right to complain because you don't owe me anything but still entertain me every issue, more me saying that you are not doing what you set out to do.
You got me, I guess I failed.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm

I wouldn't say you failed. The fact of the matter is, NO ONE understands what a certain profession holds until they decide to do it. Did you know how demanding being a comic writer is until now? No, you did not. From this experience you gained valuable knowledge and insight in the business and everyone should respect your for that. 97% of the people on this board have no idea what it's like...you do!
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

DMaynor
Artist
Artist

Post by DMaynor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Spider-Girl wrote:I wouldn't say you failed. The fact of the matter is, NO ONE understands what a certain profession holds until they decide to do it. Did you know how demanding being a comic writer is until now? No, you did not. From this experience you gained valuable knowledge and insight in the business and everyone should respect your for that. 97% of the people on this board have no idea what it's like...you do!
x10000 [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]