Other comics by Kevin Cushing

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Re: Other comics by Kevin Cushing

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sun May 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah. I got all excited by the teasers and now...nothing? It ain't right! I liked the old series and would love to see where you were going this time....

spidertour02

Post by spidertour02 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Hollister4Mayor wrote:Any news on Internal Affairs 2.0?
I don't know how much behind-the-scenes stuff I'm allowed to talk about, so I won't. The one thing I can say is that I stopped doing design work for the sister strip (Internal Affairs: Year Zero) at the end of January. It hasn't been officially abandoned yet, though, and I for one am still on board at this point as long as Kevin is still willing to give it a go.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue May 25, 2010 8:08 am

The short answer is that it's been put on indefinite hold. The two main contributing factors were A) I realized I don't have as much time as I'd hoped I did right now, and B) I wasn't satisfied with the plot I'd come up with 3 years ago and hit a brick wall trying to rework it in a way that worked for me now.

And to be honest, in the past few weeks my focus has been changing a lot, so I don't see myself coming back to this any time soon. I hate that I disappointed some people, and I feel really bad that Gerard and Enigma did some amazing character design work for nothing. But hopefully I can work with the two of them again and maybe reuse some of the same stuff.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

spidertour02

Post by spidertour02 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:and I feel really bad that Gerard and Enigma did some amazing character design work for nothing.
Like I said before: I was pretty goddamn pissed that I spent so much time on preproduction work for a project that vanished into thin air, but I didn't stay angry for long. The beautiful thing about concept work is that it can be repurposed for use in other projects. :D

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

I should probably go ahead and put all of your and Enigma's character sketches online so people can at least see and enjoy them.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Hollister4Mayor » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:I should probably go ahead and put all of your and Enigma's character sketches online so people can at least see and enjoy them.
You probably should.