MARCO SPEAKS SPIDEY: VENOM #3 REVIEW

It’s the holidays, and before I begin the review, I would just like to greet everybody a very Merry Christmas, and thank all the Spider-Man fans out there for making this truly a wonderful year. Being a part of this family has given me great joy and happiness ever since I began earlier this year, and I am truly looking forward to sharing with you all more and more love for Spider-Man and his amazing universe. And what better way than to cap off the year? We’ve got the start of a new era for Venom, with Dylan being forced to do a lot of heavy-lifting while his dad is… “away” for now. A few issues in, already, and I know that I will surely be keeping track of this new series and volume in 2022.

OFFICIAL MARVEL COMICS DESCRIPTION:

Published:

December 22, 2021

Writer:

Ram. V.

Penciler:

Bryan Hitch

Cover Artist:

Bryan Hitch

As everything Dylan Brock has come to know and love unravels around him, he is beginning to realize a terrible truth: The VENOM SYMBIOTE is not a harmless pet, no matter how much it pretends to be one. It’s an alien. A dangerous, violent, often bloodthirsty alien. Whatever bond it had with Dylan’s father, Eddie Brock, special as it may have been…is gone. And Dylan might be soon too.

THE ABSENT THRONE!

PROS:

• There was a lot of explanation and backstory going on in this issue, and I do appreciate the effort. I also really enjoyed how Archer was telling Dylan all about how his father was like back in the day. She portrayed him as a brave, aggressive reporter… a pitbull always on the hunt for a solid, juicy story. Readers really started seeing a special bond develop between Dylan and somebody special from his father’s past. But it was a roller-coaster ride from that point onwards where we were immediately forced to question where Archer’s allegiances lie. It appears that she sold out and had Dylan captured, with the intention of stopping an alien arms race and saving lives… but it will be a while, still, before we uncover everybody’s true agenda and goals.
  • The build-up for Venom’s next big fight was already set and fulfilled in this issue, as in the next installment we will be getting an epic clash of titans between our favorite symbiote superhero and the Spearhead, which appears to be a very high-tech suit developed specifically to take down Venom and its kind.
  • The villains’ motive of poking holes in the symbiote to see how and what it changes into is a very unique goal for the big baddie. The entire conspiracy behind all the mysterious anti-symbiote activities is intriguing and fascinating. The seeds for a large turn of events are already being planted.
  • The artwork is as strong as ever, and you cannot expect any less from such a talented superstar creative team behind the comic book. I can just casually scan the pages over and over again and still be entertained.
  • Dylan walking around with his new, strange and peculiar pet dog and pet cat is just the cutest thing ever.

CONS:

• Again, I am still dying to find out more about where Eddie Brock is, and what he is up to. I have to say… the wait and anticipation are killing me, so the payoff better be worth it.

FINAL GRADE: B+

Where I live, we won’t be getting the new Spider-Man movie in cinemas until next year, so it has been a conscious effort to avoid any spoilers online. But despite yearning every second for that chance to catch the epic flick, at least Spider-Man fans on this side of the world are still treated to fun, action-packed stories like those in the pages of the Venom comic book. Once again, I would just like to thank everybody who has taken time to read our content, especially those who visited my reviews to see some of my thoughts this past year. It truly, deeply means a lot and I look forward to another year ahead for me and this lovely Spider-Man family I got adopted into… Have a great holiday season, everybody! Let me know what your favorite Spider-Man moments were this year.

Like it? Share it!
Previous Article

Read’s Reads Amazing Spider-Man #82/883 Review

Next Article

Podcast #722: No Way Home Review

You might be interested in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *