Crawl Space #2 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm just ready for Crawlspace #3 dammit! I'm tired of waiting. after reading the maure sandwhich that was the Jackpot mini and annual, I need something good.

Plus, you've got to show me you can write a 22 page comic or the other issues are crap! :wink:

ditko_loves_green77
Avenger
Avenger

Post by ditko_loves_green77 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:
Kevin Cushing wrote:It's kind of hard for me to talk about Spider-Man Black too much without giving away juicy details. I'll tell you that this is that big story I've been wanting to do in the books for years on end. I can tell you that the ending of part 3 (CS #5) will, without a doubt, be more controversial than #2 (not because I'm going for controversial, just because of the nature of the thing). And it's not a death. You'll find out over the course of this story who The Faceless Man and his employer are, why they took out Aunt May, and you'll see where that plan goes. You'll see Peter Parker in a totally new working situation. You'll see Mary Jane making some decisions about her life following her confrontation with Norman. You'll see Carlie, Flash, and the folks at the Bugle. And, of course, Harry Osborn has one last thing to do before coming back to public life. There's a lot going on in this arc, and most of it I can't even begin to discuss until parts 3 and 4 lay bare all the details of the main villain for you.
Kind of surprised at the total lack of any response to this. Not enough to pique your interest, Miles?
Dude, I'm stoked for this, but I don't want any spoilers LOL
I mean a lot of issues have been ruined for me because of spoilers (most recently Ultimatum spoiled Ultimate Spider-Man)

But yeah I'm counting down the days till #3!

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Ha, thanks guys. And luckily for you, Ditko, it's pretty tough for spoilers to leak out when there's only one guy in the world who knows what's going to happen. And I'm just paranoid enough to keep it that way!

9 days to Spider-Man Black Part 1!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Sweet, also I am glad that only you know everything in SM:CS Kev, I actually cannot predict something for a change. I thank you for that lol.
I want to be genuinely suprised.
Last edited by Shadow116 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

ditko_loves_green77
Avenger
Avenger

Post by ditko_loves_green77 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 am

I can make a prediction...

Peter becomes a reporter?
Mary Jane decides to get a professional career?
Harry Osborn (enter controversial thing here)?

Simple 8) LOL

jpd13
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by jpd13 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Kevin,

I had to make a choice what to read today, ASM # 576 (ASM #575 sucked major ass) or CrawlSpace #2. Guess which one I went for.....

I finally read part two and you're right, it's even better than part one. You address my concern that if this is the "true" death of Aunt May she would need the proper send off. You gave her that. Time to move on. The renewal of the vows was the perfect setting to launch events into motion.

Your use and characterization of Harry were better than anything we've seen so far in BND. Absolutely love all of the nods to continuity (even stories I don't love (but know you do) like Sins Past). You also continue to nail the dialog between Peter and MJ. You know I really didn't realize how much I missed MJ in ASM until I started reading something with them together again. Bottom line they should still be together....it works.

The death of Norman was handled very well and makes sense. You give him the send off he would deserve.

Looking forward to Part 3. You're setting up a hell of a story. [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
Image Image

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:25 am

Thanks jpd! I can't tell you how nice it was to log onto the board and see a new review for this issue. And not only that, somebody finally agrees with me that ASM #575 was awful! I can tell you have excellent taste, my friend 8) I know what you mean about Pete and MJ. Writing that relationship just brings home for me time and again how necessary it is. This is the Spider-Man I love, and I just don't see him in the comics anymore. Thank God we have the internet where their marriage can still live and breathe and people like me can connect with people like all of you to give our Spider-Man a home and a voice. It's my distinct honor to usher these stories to my fellow fans every month, and people like you who not only appreciate the same parts of the character and world as I do, but take the time to tell me about it and give me that boost make it all worth it.

Hopefully you'll all be there when Crawl Space returns in one week!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote: Kind of surprised at the total lack of any response to this. Not enough to pique your interest, Miles?

I'm sorry Kevin. The past week I've been rigging a poll to get me a Jackal figurine so I haven't been on here much. But then I got ill during the weekend and for the past three days have been in bed with the flu. I got back on today and found the Jackal was in fourth place with 30 votes separating him and third place. I don't think God wants me to have a Jackal figurine... :cry:

If anybody wants to help me out just vote for the Jackal here http://marvel-figurines.blogspot.com

Anyway as for that tease I can't wait. Hopefully Peter becomes a scientist. I mean its what he was really meant to be after all. He even told Jonah last issue that his freelance job was only meant to get him through college. The other stuff I have no idea about but look forward to finding out about.

jpd13
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by jpd13 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Looks great, but I have one questions, why is he Red instead of Green....did I miss something?
Image Image

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Well, Harry's whole point in becoming the Goblin King was to show that he's surpassed his father, that he is not the Green Goblin. So he's trying very much to be different, so the different color scheme denotes significant difference. And if he was green, the media would likely refer to him as "Green Goblin" anyway.

cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:47 am

This story twist, harry become Goblin King was something amazing and surprising after all. harry, specially on Marvel comics should have taken tha role, be apart and independent from his father´s role, a self personal just like yours Goblin King . It´s good that Marvel never thought about that and gave you the opportunity to do that because Marvel would have screw it up if it had the chance, different from you.
Delta Tau Chi Brother Name- Manta

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:29 pm

One more day (not counting today Kev just tomorrow) till Spider-Man Black.
I hope I didn't jinx anything....

[smilie=spidey_lol.gif]

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Well don't jump the gun too much there. It's going online about midnight on Monday night, just in time for the 18th (which is the date every month if nobody'd caught that). So it's about 2 days and 2 hours away. But still pretty close! Glad you're excited for it!

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:14 am

Oops, miscalculated lol.

Oh well I'm going to be an English major, sue me.

You're right though, I am pumped for Spider-Man Black Kev.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:47 pm

T-minus 24 hours [smilie=spidey_dance.gif]