Crawl Space #2 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Nov. 18th huh? I'm looking forward to it Kev. [smilie=spidey_thumbs.gif]
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:Thanks Ditko! That's some high praise and it means quite a lot to me. Thanks for taking the time, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

And we're officially in the month of issue 3! Nov. 18th!

I've already pre-ordered my copy at my LCS. For some reason they keep on selling out of copies. Best to keep it safe.... :wink:

Oh and any thoughts on what Spider-Man black is about?

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:16 pm

It's kind of hard for me to talk about Spider-Man Black too much without giving away juicy details. I'll tell you that this is that big story I've been wanting to do in the books for years on end. I can tell you that the ending of part 3 (CS #5) will, without a doubt, be more controversial than #2 (not because I'm going for controversial, just because of the nature of the thing). And it's not a death. You'll find out over the course of this story who The Faceless Man and his employer are, why they took out Aunt May, and you'll see where that plan goes. You'll see Peter Parker in a totally new working situation. You'll see Mary Jane making some decisions about her life following her confrontation with Norman. You'll see Carlie, Flash, and the folks at the Bugle. And, of course, Harry Osborn has one last thing to do before coming back to public life. There's a lot going on in this arc, and most of it I can't even begin to discuss until parts 3 and 4 lay bare all the details of the main villain for you.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Funnykay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Is there another villain other than the two that you've talked about in Spider-Man Black?
So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 pm

Not really. There's somebody else in the mix, but in a very small role. That person's real story is farther down the line.

And, of course, there's Harry. But he's off doing his own thing in this arc.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Funnykay » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks. Will we see Donald Menken at any point?
So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

I'd call it likely, though I'd want to consult JR on his current status before I would use him.

scooter

Post by scooter » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 am

Credit for the pumpkin bomb goes entirely to Kevin - I was just following orders. Thanks for the compliment!

Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Funnykay » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:30 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:I'd call it likely, though I'd want to consult JR on his current status before I would use him.
GOOD! I haven't seen him in years and I'd love to see him back.
- Solf J. Kimblee

matisleonhart
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by matisleonhart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:06 am

Hey Kevin, did you see my review on page 6, just wondering what you thought
"Say my name. Say my name. Primetime Baby, Primetime!"

"I lie, I Cheat, I Steal, Viva La Raza" :Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005

"By the way, when you came out of the closet, did the door go "Whooosh!"." - Patton Oswalt

I'm an example of what happens when you tick off a Peter and MJ fan!

I AM A TOONAMI FANBOY

Delta House Member - Cardinal

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 am

matisleonhart wrote:Hey Kevin, did you see my review on page 6, just wondering what you thought
God, matis, I'm sorry! I did see it and it was so good, but it looks like I forgot to respond to it in the midst of the back and forth with Mets. I just reread the review, and the thing that strikes me is that you absolutely and completely get my intention on everything. We're on exactly the same wavelength and it's so nice to have someone appreciate every detail for exactly what it's intended to be. A review like that makes me feel better about the way I do things because I know that it can be received on exactly the level I'm trying to put across. Thanks for the great review my friend, and for giving me the time in the first place!

matisleonhart
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by matisleonhart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 am

Well, we both consider our self writers. :D

You know, we writers think alike.
"Say my name. Say my name. Primetime Baby, Primetime!"

"I lie, I Cheat, I Steal, Viva La Raza" :Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005

"By the way, when you came out of the closet, did the door go "Whooosh!"." - Patton Oswalt

I'm an example of what happens when you tick off a Peter and MJ fan!

I AM A TOONAMI FANBOY

Delta House Member - Cardinal

Jim Yost
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Jim Yost » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Kevin, it took me weeks to get around to reading these, but wow.

This is the BEST Spider-Man issue I've read in years, maybe more.

KEEP THEM COMING!!!
"He's... out... of... his... mind!!!"
(BLAM!!!)

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Jim Yost wrote:This is the BEST Spider-Man issue I've read in years, maybe more.

KEEP THEM COMING!!!
Damn Jim, thanks! Really needed that today, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:It's kind of hard for me to talk about Spider-Man Black too much without giving away juicy details. I'll tell you that this is that big story I've been wanting to do in the books for years on end. I can tell you that the ending of part 3 (CS #5) will, without a doubt, be more controversial than #2 (not because I'm going for controversial, just because of the nature of the thing). And it's not a death. You'll find out over the course of this story who The Faceless Man and his employer are, why they took out Aunt May, and you'll see where that plan goes. You'll see Peter Parker in a totally new working situation. You'll see Mary Jane making some decisions about her life following her confrontation with Norman. You'll see Carlie, Flash, and the folks at the Bugle. And, of course, Harry Osborn has one last thing to do before coming back to public life. There's a lot going on in this arc, and most of it I can't even begin to discuss until parts 3 and 4 lay bare all the details of the main villain for you.
Kind of surprised at the total lack of any response to this. Not enough to pique your interest, Miles?