Pimping "Crawl Space"

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm not even going to waste my time responding to that jerk. It's just a shame Kev has to bare all his ill will. Though knowing Kevin, he has already put this joker out of his mind and is back to work on SPM:CS and on forums where people have genuine critiques/praise of his work.

Just my two cents on the issue...
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:01 pm

To both FSU and Shadow - thanks. I was definitely needing the encouragement and you guys are great. It's nice to know specific people out there that are my reason for writing this!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Shadow116 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Never a problem Kev.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:15 pm

So it looks like the view count on issue 1 has shot up over the past few days. Any of you guys claim credit for that? If so - thanks!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:18 pm

I'll claim credit for the hell of it, even though I had nothing to do with it.

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:50 am

Not a lot happening in these boards lately. Lately we're lucky to get 5 posts a day in this forum. What's happening guys?

And don't get me started about the page views for the latest issues of crawl space. Only 300 for the last issue and crawl space #2 only managed a measly 550 compared to the first issues whopping 1500. Not sure about you guys but I'm off to do some pimping......

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Thank you! We are in dire need of it, I have been quite disappointed with the steadily declining page views.

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Sorry for taking so long Kevin I completely forgot to post it on my site but its there now...
PS: join while you are there :wink:

http://comicbookboards.org/forum/viewto ... =72&t=1947

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Thanks bdog, I appreciate it.

So would any of the people who are members at the CBR forums like to take over posting the links over there every month for me? I'm done with those people. The latest complaint was that Mets referred to me as "Mr. Cushing." And this complaint to someone who calls himself "Mister Mets." And if that wasn't bad enough, rather than defend the totally innocuous title, Mets responded with "No respect intended." So I've decided these people have proven themselves to be not worth my time. All I ever get from that thread is irritation and frustration, and I won't be visiting the CBR forums at all ever again. Thanks to anyone who might want to help me out in advertising (because there are one or two reasonable people over there who deserve to be kept up to date).

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:37 am

Yeah I don't go to the cbr boards anymore myself. Some of the poster annoy the heck out of me there. Will you still be a regurlar at the Marvel boards?

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 am

I'm not sure how all you guys do more than one board. I only have time to look at this one!

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Miles_Warren wrote:Yeah I don't go to the cbr boards anymore myself. Some of the poster annoy the heck out of me there. Will you still be a regurlar at the Marvel boards?
Well I'm really not a regular on marvel.com, I just have a link to that thread saved and check it once in awhile. I will certainly continue to do that. I do the same thing with threads at other boards, too. This is the only one I'm really active on, and I visit the topcow.com boards pretty frequently.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Ok guys, my reader retention is really starting to suck. Issue 1's numbers are still going up faster than any other, and is has over 1,100 more views than issue 3, and more than double issue 2! Now I'm well aware each view is not a unique reader but come on. That's a huge difference. Any suggestions?

CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by CrazyChris » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Some people are going to like it, some people won't, but the one thing they have in common is that they're going to read issue 1. Personally, that's the issue I've liked the least because it was clearly more of a means to an end then a story you desperately wanted to tell. Perhaps people would get a better taste of where you're going with this if they started with issue #2?

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:10 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. Those of us that have read them all love it. As far as I know, the issues aren't going anywhere so a couple thousand more could read it in the next few months. Just keep up what you're doing because your entertaining me more than the Amazing I'm paid hard earned money for. After the most boring month yet, I'm really thinking about dropping Amazing now and your books will make that easier for me because I will know I have a access to a better version for Free!