Pimping "Crawl Space"

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:Aw, somebody hates me and thinks I'm a hack. It's like being a real Spidey writer :D

And I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I, personally, banned him. I mean, you don't think he'd be that petty, do you? :wink:

well done my friend [smilie=spidey_clap.gif] , he deserved it. [smilie=spidey_yeah_that.gif]
Delta Tau Chi Brother Name- Manta

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Thanks to those of you who have defended me, I really appreciate it.

If you want to check the thread again (6 PAGES! 6!) I went ahead and signed up to the board and made a post to try to dispell the notion that I'm some idiotic jackass who thinks he's going to break into comics writing this way and doesn't know how to create his own characters. Maybe it'll do something, maybe it won't.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Hertz
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Hertz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:Thanks to those of you who have defended me, I really appreciate it.

If you want to check the thread again (6 PAGES! 6!) I went ahead and signed up to the board and made a post to try to dispell the notion that I'm some idiotic jackass who thinks he's going to break into comics writing this way and doesn't know how to create his own characters. Maybe it'll do something, maybe it won't.
Some of the posters there will acknowledge what you've posted and respect it and others (like that /b/ wanna be troll billy) won't., not much you can do about that. On the plus side, at least you've gotten more people to read your "fanfic" (hehe) and that's usually not a bad thing.

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by BD » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:17 pm

Great reply Morb. Very well written, but I'd expect nothing less.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Thanks, I really do appreciate that my friend.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Zarius
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Zarius » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:09 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:Thanks to those of you who have defended me, I really appreciate it.

Tread carefully Kevin, the street gangs there weild chains.
The people claiming it is stale only show the lack of imagination they have, as the character is returned once again to 20 years old...wow, we never seen that before. Keeping the character relevant? Please. Maybe it is time to create new Marvel Heroes, instead of destroying and retelling well-worn old stories.
-Newsarama.com member TheUniversalGuardian

Support The Future

-Darkhawk
-Nova
-New Warriors
-Spider-Girl
-Exiles
-Ultimate Spider-Man

"The past is a cashed cheque, your maximum port of power is now"

A lot of People who got over OMD STILL don't like BND. FACT

People who get all whiny about anti-BND fans shouldnt be trolling them in their sigs. Nobody "gets over" a development that is open to free and open opinion. THE GOSPEL TRUTH,

Trolls have their wives thrown off bridges.

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Well I posted a topic over at the marvel.com mesage boards telling people about your story. It'll probably be nuked any second or some idiot will reply telling us the thread will be nuked any second.....the usual crap that goes on there :roll:

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Thanks Miles, that's a great place for it! Do you have a link so I can check it out?

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Sure do. The good news is that it hasn't been nuked. The bad news is that nobody has replied. But we do have 25 page views so perhaps somebody read it...

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 508de8f77d

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Well hey, the page views on the issue are still steadily going up, so we're all doing something right! Thanks for the kind words over there Miles, I really appreciate the help and the sentiment!

Zarius
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Zarius » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Miles_Warren wrote:Sure do. The good news is that it hasn't been nuked. The bad news is that nobody has replied. But we do have 25 page views so perhaps somebody read it...

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 508de8f77d
I'm a little annoyed, but not surprised at all by this. Plugging fanfiction never works on official forums.

Maybe you ought to mention Quesada is interested.
The people claiming it is stale only show the lack of imagination they have, as the character is returned once again to 20 years old...wow, we never seen that before. Keeping the character relevant? Please. Maybe it is time to create new Marvel Heroes, instead of destroying and retelling well-worn old stories.
-Newsarama.com member TheUniversalGuardian

Support The Future

-Darkhawk
-Nova
-New Warriors
-Spider-Girl
-Exiles
-Ultimate Spider-Man

"The past is a cashed cheque, your maximum port of power is now"

A lot of People who got over OMD STILL don't like BND. FACT

People who get all whiny about anti-BND fans shouldnt be trolling them in their sigs. Nobody "gets over" a development that is open to free and open opinion. THE GOSPEL TRUTH,

Trolls have their wives thrown off bridges.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Actually let's not spread that around so much. The guy was nice enough to reply to my email and tell me he'd check it out. I don't want to abuse that kindness by attaching his name to this like it's an endorsement everywhere. I don't think that would be very fair to him.

Jon
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Jon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:16 am

Man gone for two days and I miss the return of Sir Spidy crap hahaha yo kevin Im just here to say awesome work on Joey Q checking your writing mate Nothing beats the feeling of having a person high up in the industry telling you theyd check it out best of luck with future issues bro ill be peepin it peace

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks Jon, I appreciate hearing that. You've always been a good supportive guy to have around, and it's good to have you back on the site my friend.

And don't forget, #2 goes online at midnight (EST)! Less than 12 hours to go!

Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Miles_Warren » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:28 pm

I'll be sure to read it in the morning Kev. I can't wait for the Norman/Harry battle. The first time they have met in over 30 years.......can't wait :mrgreen: