Pimping "Crawl Space"

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Pimping "Crawl Space"

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:06 pm

Ok guys, now that most of you have read issue 1 and decided what you think of it, I need your help. In order to make this thing matter, in order to make it a movement, we need to get the word out to as many people as possible. That means starting threads on all the message boards you're a member of, putting a banner in your sig at other websites, talking to your friends, literally anything you can think of.

For starters, you can feel free to snag the banner in my sig and put it in yours wherever you like. Bdog is working on getting me a colored version, but until then black and white is fine. If you want to do it like I have mine where clicking on the banner links back to this forum, here is the code (just remove all the spaces in the brackets so it'll work): [ url=http://spidermancrawlspace.com/wwwboard ... m.php?f=16 ][ img ]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/521/ ... neryo5.jpg[ /img ][ /url ]

If I can help anywhere in any way, let me know. I'd be happy to make an appearance on any other forums to support it if you'd like. When you start a thread at another board, put a link in this thread so we can all see our community progress. I'm not really active on any other boards anymore, but I still have accounts at the Top Cow boards and the Newsarama boards, and I started these threads on them:

http://topcow.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=42261

http://www.newsarama.com/common/communi ... rentPage=0

You may notice that the Top Cow thread has 0 replies, and the Newsarama thread only has three, none of them positive. So if anyone has accounts at those boards and wants to join in to support and recommend it, that would be great.

I'm doing my part writing the thing, but I need all of your help to make this succeed. If you have any ideas other than the ones I've listed here, please post them so we can all join in. Anything you do, let us know. We can track our progress as a community and hopefully beef this up into something really strong that has a chance of getting noticed. Thanks everybody for your support so far. Now lets really start bringing people around!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:47 pm

I'd help but I'm not a member at any other boards. This one takes too much of my time as it is. Are you going to go on the Amazing Spidercast to pimp it or are things to tense between the groups now?

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:57 pm

I also emailed a bunch of real Spidey creators (past and present) but have gotten no responses from any of them. It's to be expected, though. If I were them, I'd probably just assume it was some fan fiction I didn't care about and move on, too. It's not like most of them know me, really.

Of course, if anybody wants to email Marvel and tell them that this is what you want to see, you can reach them at spideyoffice@marvel.com. I would provide a form letter so you didn't have to do any work, but form letters are too easy to ignore. Better if each one is unique.
Last edited by Kevin Cushing on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Zarius
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Zarius » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:24 am

Kevin Cushing wrote:I also emailed a bunch of real Spidey creators (past and present) but have gotten no responses from any of them. It's to be expected, though. If I were them, I'd probably just assume it was some fan fiction I didn't care about and move on, too. It's not like most of them know me, really.
Kevin, I really don't think you should be doing that. Writers in the industry HATE getting scripts peddled their way by fans, even if they know them, because they could aqquire an idea from the story and it wouldnt be theirs, it wouldnt be fair on the original writer and could lead to lawsuits. Even if you didnt want to sue them, the possibility would exist.

Dan Slott and Tom Bleand won't be caught in this forum for that specific reason
The people claiming it is stale only show the lack of imagination they have, as the character is returned once again to 20 years old...wow, we never seen that before. Keeping the character relevant? Please. Maybe it is time to create new Marvel Heroes, instead of destroying and retelling well-worn old stories.
-Newsarama.com member TheUniversalGuardian

Support The Future

-Darkhawk
-Nova
-New Warriors
-Spider-Girl
-Exiles
-Ultimate Spider-Man

"The past is a cashed cheque, your maximum port of power is now"

A lot of People who got over OMD STILL don't like BND. FACT

People who get all whiny about anti-BND fans shouldnt be trolling them in their sigs. Nobody "gets over" a development that is open to free and open opinion. THE GOSPEL TRUTH,

Trolls have their wives thrown off bridges.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:36 am

Yeah, you do have a valid point, Zarius. Ah well, the ship has sailed anyhow.

bdog
Artist
Artist

Post by bdog » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:25 pm

I will promote it on my website [smilie=spidey_clap.gif]
Last edited by bdog on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:22 pm

bdog wrote:Ièll promote it on my website [smilie=spidey_clap.gif]
Thanks bdog! But I would expect nothing less from the colorist :wink: :lol:

cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 pm

I´ll add your banner on my signature if you permit Kevin and I have newsarama´s account and I´ll support their to make it a huge success.
Delta Tau Chi Brother Name- Manta

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks cpahl! Unfortunately I've found out that Newsarama has a 500x100 size limit on sig pictures (even though their post size can handle more) so here's a smaller version if anyone wants to post it on there (and please do, it's a big site!):

If you want to make it a clickable link there, you have to hit the insert picture button and put in that image (I think it actually has to be saved to your computer, which is odd), then click inside the picture, click on the "add/edit link" button, and put in this forum's url: http://spidermancrawlspace.com/wwwboard ... m.php?f=16

Or any specific thread's url you want to link to. I know it's a little much work, but I really appreciate the help!

cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:50 pm

I just wrote a few words about crawl space on Newsarama board, I hope it helps to make it more popular, because it´s a hit already. [smilie=spidey_clap.gif]

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:29 pm

Thank you very much cpahl, those were some awfully kind words. I really appreciate you being such a staunch supporter on one issue alone, it amazes me. [smilie=spidey_dude.gif]

Spider-Girl
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Spider-Girl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:38 pm

I'll make a t-shirt and wear it around Grounds (aka campus at UVA)...or I'll try something else...
'Could I please have a bathroom token?' -- Bertone

Please sign my petition to get Batgirl: Year One back into production! http://www.gopetition.com/online/36228.html

cpahl2000
Avenger
Avenger

Post by cpahl2000 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:07 pm

I liked the t-shirt idea. [smilie=spidey_clap.gif]

Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Funnykay » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:49 am

I've got it on my sig now. [smilie=spidey_thumbs.gif]
So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:10 am

Excellent, I'm lovin' seeing these things around the site!

And Spider-Girl, how do you feel about tattoos? :wink: