January 2015 Spider-Solicitations

As Spider-Verse starts to wrap-up in the month of January, 2015, it can only mean that it’s time for more Spidey-Solicits!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #13
DAN SLOTT (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Variant COVER by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY Mike Del Mundo
Marvel Animation Spider-Verse variant by Jeff Wamester
SPIDER-VERSE PART 5 – THE FINAL BATTLE BEGINS HERE!
• EVERY SPIDER-MAN EVER MUST FIGHT AND NO SPIDER IS SAFE!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #8
Peter David (W)
William Sliney (A)
Cover by Francesco Mattina
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
• Spider-Man 2099 and Lady Spider must reunite with the rest of the spiders in time for the final battle against the Inheritors!
• Who will survive the Spider-verse?
• Will Miguel finally be able to return home? And by “home” do we mean 2099 or 2014?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-WOMAN #3
DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY W. SCOTT FORBES
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
• Spider-Woman is in the tightest spot she’s ever been in. What if even succeeding with her mission means her death?!?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-VERSE #2 (of 2)
DAN SLOTT, KATHRYN IMMONEN, JED MCKAY & OTHERS (W)
MARK BROOKS, DAVID LAFUENTE, SHELDON VELLA & OTHERS (A)
Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
• THE SPIDER-VERSE ANTHOLOGY CONTINUES!
• SO MANY SPIDER-MEN AND WOMEN! THIS ISSUE:
• VIDEO-GAME SPIDEY!
• PUNK-ROCK SPIDEY!
• FAIRY TALE SPIDEY!
• MEXICO’S OWN SPIDEY TALE IN SPANISH!
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #3 (of 3)
CHRISTOS GAGE &
TOM DEFALCO (W)
DAVE WILLIAMS & RON FRENZ (A)
Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
SPIDER-VERSE TIE-IN!
• A whole group of Spiders team up, but what mission takes FIVE Spiders?
• The SPIDER-GIRL team reunites for a story about Mayday and a mystery Spider!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SCARLET SPIDERS #3 (of 3)
MICHAEL COSTA (W)
PACO DIAZ (A)
Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
SPIDER-VERSE MARCHES ON!
• The Scarlet Spiders’ adventure through SPIDER-VERSE reaches its epic conclusion!
• With the fates of the Spiders from across the multiverse in their hands, can Kaine, Jessica Drew, and Ben Reilly stop Jennix and his machinations of destruction?!
• One of the Scarlet Spiders will have to make the ultimate sacrifice!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN #2
ELLIOTT KALAN (W) • MARCO FAILLA (A)
Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Bad Teacher! Spidey’s already gotten his X-students captured by Sauron and Stegron! Can they stop the Savage Land from colonizing Staten Island?
• Traitor! Has Shark Girl really betrayed her classmates for these cold-blooded creeps?
• Romance! Have you ever seen a pteranodon/stegosaurus/shark love triangle? You will if you buy this issue!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MILES MORALES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #9
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w)
DAVID MARQUEZ (a/C)
MILES MORALES: AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.?
• ‘Nuff said!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

ALL-NEW ULTIMATES #12
MICHEL FIFFE (w)
AMILCAR PINNA (a)
Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
THE SHOCKING CONCLUSION!
• The climactic, life changing conclusion for the rawest, grittiest new team on the block. Their fate hangs in the balance!
• Can THE ULTIMATES save the city from catastrophe yet again and survive the process?
• Monsters, mayhem, and super powered fisticuffs! If this isn’t the MARVEL COMIC TO END ALL MARVEL COMICS, we don’t know what is!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL UNIVERSE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: WEB WARRIORS #3
Adapted by Joe Caramagna
• A lab experiment at Stark Industries goes horribly wrong, putting the entire city in danger!
• Spider-Man teams up with Iron Man, to confront the unstoppable threat.
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #23
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A)
Cover by Christian Ward
WELCOME HOME VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Venom finally takes a trip home! Can’t wait to meet its folks. Or…the thing it spawned from…or whatever…
• But with the symbiote becoming more and more uncontrollable, this may be seriously bad news for the Guardians.
• I mean…come on guys! Can’t they have ONE nice vacation? Always with the monsters and aliens and lasers and stuff…
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WHO AM I? HC
Written by DAN SLOTT & JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV
Penciled by JUAN BOBILLO, ANTONIO FABELA, GEOFFO BEAULEAU & JL MAST
Cover by JUAN BOBILLO
The first printed edition of the story previously available in Marvel’s innovative Infinite Comics format! Peter Parker has just returned from being replaced by Dr. Octopus — so now it’s time to eschew Ock’s more villainous tendencies and return to a life of heroic virtue, right? Maybe not! Because suddenly, Peter has lost his memory. He doesn’t know who he is — either as Peter or as Spider-Man. And he’s robbing a bank! With Peter seemingly turned to a life of crime, what does this mean for the hero once known as the Amazing Spider-Man? Gear up for a Spider-Man epic unlike any other as the recently returned wall-crawler travels to a place you never thought possible: the criminal underworld! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WHO AM I? INFINITE COMIC #1-12.
168 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-8458-4
Trim size: oversized

AXIS: CARNAGE & HOBGOBLIN TPB
Written by KEVIN SHINICK & RICK SPEARS
Penciled by JAVIER RODRIGUEZ & GERMAN PERALTA
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
Two of Spider-Man’s deadliest foes, Hobgoblin and Carnage, take center stage — as heroes! In the wake of AXIS, Roderick Kingsley, the original Hobgoblin, is back in the suit and back in New York with a new mission: to make YOU the best you can be! But when Phil Urich, the former Hobgoblin, tries to get rid of Kingsley for good, will the heroic Hobgoblin be forced to revert to his wicked ways? Meanwhile, if symbiotic serial killer Carnage has given up villainy, then why has he kidnapped one of New York City’s most beloved news anchors? The Sin-Eater returns, with a surprising mission — and if all this isn’t enough for Carnage to worry about, he’s still on the authorities’ most-wanted list! The effects of AXIS continue in this surprising saga — don’t miss it! Collecting AXIS: HOBGOBLIN #1-3 and AXIS: CARNAGE #1-3.
136 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9311-1

NEW WARRIORS VOL. 2: ALWAYS AND FOREVER TPB
Written by CHRISTOPHER YOST
Penciled by MARCUS TO
Cover by STACEY LEE
The New Warriors are pulled into INHUMANITY as their own resident Inhuman, Haechi, is targeted by two different tribes of Inhumans — and faces a difficult choice! Meanwhile, Jake Waffles and Mister Whiskers are back, but are they friends or foes? What does Jake Waffles possess that Speedball wants so badly? And who is hunting Nova? As Justice and Scarlet Spider hit the road together for Houston, the New Warriors take their fight straight back to the High Evolutionary! But who is truly behind the High Evolutionary’s plans? Can anyone trust the Evolutionaries? For the fate of all things not-quite-human, the war is on — and not everyone will survive! Judgment has come for humanity, for Earth — and for the New Warriors! Don’t miss the shocking conclusion! Collecting NEW WARRIORS (2014) #7-12.
136 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-5454-9

SPIDER-MAN 2099 VOL. 1: OUT OF TIME TPB
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by WILLIAM SLINEY & RICK LEONARDI
Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
Web-spinning out of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! Miguel O’Hara is Spider-Man in the year 2099, but he’s currently stuck in the present day. But here, the evil future corporation Alchemax has just been formed — and Miguel has a chance to stop its corruption before it starts! However, Spider-Man 2099 soon discovers he’s not the only one hoping for a better tomorrow. When his uneasy arrangement with Alchemax lands him in a war zone, Miguel must fight for his grandfather’s soul — and when the Scorpion attacks and Morlun shows up hunting spiders, Miguel finds himself at the EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE! Join Spider-Man 2099 creators Peter David and Rick Leonardi, and artist Will Sliney (SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP), for the most adventure you’ll find this side of the 22nd century! Collecting SPIDER-MAN 2099 (2014) #1-5 and material from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) #1.
120 PGS./Rated T …$17.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9079-0

THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN VOL. 3 TPB
Written by NICK SPENCER
Penciled by STEVE LIEBER
Cover by STEVE LIEBER
Voted one the best mainstream super-hero comics of 2013 by the Onion A.V. Club! Only five villains stand between New York and total chaos in the streets of Manhattan. The problem? Those villains are the Superior Foes. And now the world’s most dangerous villains are up against the world’s most dangerous thing: the truth! A year of duplicity and double crossing has led to this! Who will live, who will die, who will get the head of Silvermane? The gang war begins as everyone clashes in a big fight over Silvermane’s head. Lives are lost, feelings are hurt, and car keys get misplaced as the Foes take on all comers! The sleeper hit of the year continues as Spencer and Lieber bring this rollicking tale of evil to its ultimate hour! Collecting SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #12-17.
136 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9170-4

SPIDER-MAN 2099 CLASSIC VOL. 3: THE FALL OF THE HAMMER TPB
Written by PETER DAVID, PAT MILLS, TONY SKINNER, JOHN FRANCIS MOORE & IAN EDGINTON
Penciled by RICK LEONARDI, GRANT MIEHM, RON LIM, PAT BRODERICK, TOM MORGAN, CHRIS BATISTA & JIM FERN
Cover by JIM FERN
Return to the world of 2099! Just as Alchemax prepares to power up its new floating city of Valhalla, an all-new Thor appears, determined to claim the city for his fellow Aesir. But is this a Thunder God worthy of the name? Judging by the way he’s hitting on Miguel O’Hara’s girlfriend, maybe not. It will take the combined efforts of Spider-Man 2099 and his future cohorts Doom, Punisher, Ravage and the X-Men to uncover the truth about these apparent Asgardians before Thor brings down the hammer on the world of tomorrow! And even if Thor doesn’t, Bloodsword will. Miguel might have to take refuge in cyberspace — even though that could spell the end of his secret identity! Collecting SPIDER-MAN 2099 (1992) #15-22, RAVAGE 2099 #15, X-MEN 2099 #5, DOOM 2099 #14 and PUNISHER 2099 #13.
296 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9302-9

SPIDER-MAN: BIG TIME — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 3 TPB
Written by MARK WAID, DAN SLOTT, CHRIS YOST, BRIAN DEAN CLEVINGER, ROB WILLIAMS & TY TEMPLETON
Penciled by EMMA RIOS, KANO, HUMBERTO RAMOS, MATTHEW CLARK, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, STEFANO CASELLI & THONY SILAS
Cover by SHANE DAVIS
Big Time rolls on as Spider-Man teams-up with Daredevil to clear the Black Cat’s not-so-good name — but what if she’s not as innocent as Spider-Man thinks she is? And when an out-of-control invention at Horizon Labs gives Spider-Man a vision of tomorrow that includes the destruction of New York City, can Spidey unravel the clues to avert it in time? Dr. Octopus claims he can repair the ozone layer — but while the world seems ready to go along with his plan, Spider-Man isn’t! Unfortunately, that makes him Global Enemy No. 1! How can Spider-Man save the world when the Sinister Six — and the whole planet — are hunting him down? Guest-starring the Avengers! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #677-687 and #679.1, DAREDEVIL (2011) #8, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: ENDS OF THE EARTH #1 and AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #8.
352 PGS./Rated T …$34.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9215-2

Like it? Share it!
Previous Article

Review: Spider-Man 2099 #4

Next Article

Review: Superior Foes of Spider-Man #16

You might be interested in …

10 Comments

1. Lots of Spidey stuff to look forward to. OK, and it’s a little thing, but Camuncoli is quickly becoming one of my favorite artists. His first story during Big Time, Return of Anti-Venom, I think, wasn’t my favorite, but he just keeps getting better and better. And no, if you look at Kaine on the Spider-Verse #2 cover, Camo drew him with the Bagley Scarlet Spider eyes. I love those! Little thing, but I thought that was so neat.

2. With the Spider-Verse tie-ins wrapping up, there’s still zero indicator that Daily Strip Spidey is in this story at all ..is it safe to assume that’s one of the eight Spiders Marvel have rights issues with? Or are they just deliberatly leaving it off the plate because they know that has to continue on a regular basis?

3. Considering they’re obviously having art deadlines problems, still seems likely to me that the delay is so Coipel can come back for part 6, or for Camuncoli to catch up after coming in late, but imagine we won’t find out for a month.

4. @#5- I’m not entirely sure about that. I think the pacing is fairly deliberate.

I think that they are likely spacing things out so that they can prevent spoiling an announcement for the books status quo post Spider-Verse.

5. “One of the Scarlet Spiders will have to make the ultimate sacrifice!”

Gee, I wonder which one it will be… surely not Ben, right?

6. @#2 Old Guy —

Per Amazon, the Spider-Verse Omnibus says it is including ASM #15, and Spider-Woman #4. So it seems Spider-Verse will be concluding in February with ASM #14 and #15, and Spider-Woman #4.

I did not know that, good sir. Thanks for the info. 🙂

@#4 RDMacQ —

I wonder why there is only one issue of ASM in January. Seems weird to go from two times a month, back to a single issue during the month.

My guess is that perhaps being the final part of Spider-Verse (if it actually is the final part, what with what Old Guy pointed out with the Amazon.com listing). ASM #14 might have wound up being longer than Slott originally intended, and thus the issue’s been delayed for next month. Either that or they brought Coipel back to do the art for that issue and that’s causing a delay. But that’s just pure conjecture on my part.

7. I wonder why there is only one issue of ASM in January. Seems weird to go from two times a month, back to a single issue during the month.

I wonder if this will lead to another relauch, similar to the new volume of ASM last year. We have would have issue #14 in February, with the second issue being the new issue of the new direction or the new comic.

8. I reckon the “mystery spider” in the DeFalco-penned Spider-Verse Mayday story is a fully grown Benjy Parker from a universe where the original ending of the Spider-Girl book (which was intended to be issue 60) happened. I think someone closely connected to Mayday is very essential to her character at the moment

9. Per Amazon, the Spider-Verse Omnibus says it is including ASM #15, and Spider-Woman #4. So it seems Spider-Verse will be concluding in February with ASM #14 and #15, and Spider-Woman #4.

10. Mayday being on the cover of ASM #13 makes me think she isn’t going to die in this weeks issue.
    Punk rock Spider-Man!? They kill off the Amazing Friends and House of M Spider-Men and replace them with stupid characters like a punk rock Spider-Man, god damn it Marvel.

Miles being a Shield agent indicates that Ultimate Peter might become Spider-Man again, honestly I’d rather Miles stayed as Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *