Crawl Space #1 Discussion Thread

The official home of the unauthorized, original continuity Spider-Man web series by Kevin Cushing.
Nova#1
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: Crawl Space #1 Discussion Thread

Post by Nova#1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:08 am

Boy, aren't I late to the party? [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]
This is a good start. I like how the deal was undone. I thought throwing in the influence of Meph as Tony was a nice touch! Going to read issue 2 now.
Click to see what Ben Reilly thinks of OMD

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks, Nova! It's always wonderful to see someone new getting into the series. And don't worry, the back issues aren't hard to get :wink:
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

FSUSpiderFan
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by FSUSpiderFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Can't beat the price either...

Nova#1
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by Nova#1 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:17 am

FSUSpiderFan wrote:Can't beat the price either...
Too true :lol:
Click to see what Ben Reilly thinks of OMD

Wombat 909
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Wombat 909 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Huge bump.

Never got down to reading this, even though I've heard lots about it. I've skimmed over some issues but due to the big posts and large amounts of text I couldn't really be bothered. But I finished all my coursework today and had no time to kill so I came over to check it out.

And I was seriously impressed.

I enjoyed it, a lot. I like the idea of Vin becoming a Death Rider. At least he has something to do other than whine about Spider-Man and Peter's rent. To see the marriage back is always a plus. Having Loki sort it out was great and I liked the characterization of him, especially with him not caring to tell them stuff. Harry being back will hopefully be good and I'm interested to see who the second person was. I'm miles behind everyone else on this, I hope to catch up soon as I did the enjoy the first issue very much.

My only criticism is, like others stated, the dialogue seemed forced in some cases. Not all, for the most part it was good but exposition and some lines felt out of place but it happens. Plenty of times I've written a story, gone back over it and thought "God. Did I really write that? It sounds AWFUL!"

You've got yourself a new fan now. A new fan who is very slow to read it but it was worth the wait :D
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Post by Kevin Cushing » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Man, I was not expecting to see a new comment in here when I clicked on the forum! Thanks very much for checking it out, Wombat, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! No worries on being late to the party. After all, I was just reading a comic from around '04 for the first time last night :wink:

As for the dialogue, I admit some of this wasn't my best. I think it gets better in the subsequent issues and I hope you agree!

Thanks for reading [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey

Wombat 909
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Wombat 909 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:Man, I was not expecting to see a new comment in here when I clicked on the forum! Thanks very much for checking it out, Wombat, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! No worries on being late to the party. After all, I was just reading a comic from around '04 for the first time last night :wink:

As for the dialogue, I admit some of this wasn't my best. I think it gets better in the subsequent issues and I hope you agree!

Thanks for reading [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
Slowly getting through it, got up to Issue 6, where the Black Spider's history was revealed. This really is great stuff, at first the reveal it was his brother was a "Uhhh" moment but as I kept reading, it made sense. I'm in the same predicament you are, I am looking at becoming a comic book writer in the future, as a profession though I'd prefer to tell original stories instead of Spider-Man or existing characters as I always fear I wouldn't have a great grip on their characters and such. I have a few stories in my head which I'd like to tell in comic book form in the future.

And the dialogue, it has got better but you don't need to worry about it. Every writer must have re-read their stuff and shook their head at what they wrote sometimes. I know I have.

Anyway, wrong place to talk about future issues, you've improved a lot over the issues and I can't wait to see what else you have planned for the future. I just won't like having to sit, waiting for the next issue :(
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"