What did JR think of the Amazing Spider-Man movie?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

What did JR think of the Amazing Spider-Man movie?

Postby mysteriosity » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I understand he's been participating in the crawl space podcast or something like that where it's probably been covered, but I just don't have time to listen to those things as opposed to just reading articles. If he has a new blog or posts on that website or something like that I'd be glad to be linked to it, otherwise just curious on his thoughts on the new movie. Also is SKB officially dead?
mysteriosity
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Re: What did JR think of the Amazing Spider-Man movie?

Postby MadGoblin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm

mysteriosity wrote:I understand he's been participating in the crawl space podcast or something like that where it's probably been covered, but I just don't have time to listen to those things as opposed to just reading articles. If he has a new blog or posts on that website or something like that I'd be glad to be linked to it, otherwise just curious on his thoughts on the new movie. Also is SKB officially dead?

First of all, SKB is not dead. It is very dormant, but not dead. I still keep paying the monthly maintenance fees, which I wouldn't if I thought I wouldn't get back to it. I won't bore anyone with the details that currently preclude me from updating it.

Podcast #187 has the gang's opinions on the film. I thoroughly enjoyed it, along with my son, although I probably still prefer the first Raimi film. I still have reservations about Andrew Garfield due to his height and age and do not think he makes a convincing high school senior, and as much as I like Emma Stone as Gwen, she doesn't act 17 either (the Great Master of Verisimilitude Donovan disagrees with me on this). I would rather they set the film during college. But after watching the film with both my wife and daughter on DVD and getting their opinions, it's apparent that the non-hardcore fan does not care about such things and the studio was probably correct in catering to them, not to me and my ilk. Both of them overwhelmingly prefer Garfield to Maguire. Per my daughter "Peter Parker has to be good looking to believe that Gwen would like him" and per my wife "Tobey looked too much like a nerd," comments which prompted my son and I to stare at each other in disbelief. But as Hollywood prefers my 18 year old daughter's money far more than my middle-aged money, it is clear why we got the Spider-Man we got.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What did JR think of the Amazing Spider-Man movie?

Postby Venom65437 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Just wanted to say I am glad SKB is not dead. I still check it out from time to time and look forward to when you can get back to it, JR! I think you do a great job with it! [smilie=spidey_not_kidding.gif]
Venom65437
Avenger
Avenger