Harry Osborn, The Goblin Prince part 4

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Harry Osborn, The Goblin Prince part 4

Postby BD » Wed May 03, 2006 10:45 pm

BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby MsMarvel1 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:19 pm

But then again – how is that much different than just so happening to meet a rich guy on campus who takes a liking
to you and lets you to move into a fashionable apartment in midtown Manhattan with him at no cost to you? Frankly,
I’d wonder if I was being setup for a Brokeback Mountain moment. There’s a lot of Harry/Peter slash fans out there
that see just that.

Yay! Shout-out! The lots of us ... which I think comes to about six ... maybe twelve if you count the movie fans ... highly appreciate it. ^_^

But really, I love the article. Although the HTML seems a bit messed up ...
MsMarvel1
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby BD » Wed May 03, 2006 11:57 pm

MsMarvel1 wrote:
But then again – how is that much different than just so happening to meet a rich guy on campus who takes a liking
to you and lets you to move into a fashionable apartment in midtown Manhattan with him at no cost to you? Frankly,
I’d wonder if I was being setup for a Brokeback Mountain moment. There’s a lot of Harry/Peter slash fans out there
that see just that.

Yay! Shout-out! The lots of us ... which I think comes to about six ... maybe twelve if you count the movie fans ... highly appreciate it. ^_^

MSMarvel: Welcome to the board. It's always good to have another female on the board. It just proves that women love Spidey too!!! I hope you become a regular.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby MadGoblin » Thu May 04, 2006 6:44 am

MsMarvel1 wrote:
that see just that.

I thought about you Ms. Marvel when I wrote that. And yes, you're right - there is a glitch with the article. It was fine when I checked it out on my home computer, but now at another location - there's at least two cases of "overrun." (*(*&*(^^ Yahoo site building software. I won't be able to correct it until tonight - so bear with me. I was anxious to get it up since it was late and was eager to join this new community.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MsMarvel1 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:13 am

Welcome to the board. It's always good to have another female on the board. It just proves that women love Spidey too!!! I hope you become a regular.

Thanks! I look forward to hanging out here.

I thought about you Ms. Marvel when I wrote that.

Hee! And my boyfriend told me I was being egotistical when I told him I thought that was about me. Shows what he knows.

And yes, you're right - there is a glitch with the article. It was fine when I checked it out on my home computer, but now at another location - there's at least two cases of "overrun." (*(*&*(^^ Yahoo site building software. I won't be able to correct it until tonight - so bear with me. I was anxious to get it up since it was late and was eager to join this new community.

Ah, okay. I just wanted to make sure you knew. (And I sympathize about the website-making software. They tend to be quite evil.)
MsMarvel1
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby sshspooky » Thu May 04, 2006 10:36 am

it was a great article (apart from the already mentioned HTML screwups). I am thouroughly enjoying this series!
sshspooky
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby sir spidy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:06 am

i like the article and i hate to say this because someone already did but there are some HTML messups
sir spidy

Postby Thanos6 » Thu May 04, 2006 11:57 am

Ha ha! I have followed you, MadGoblin, from HeroRealm to here! The Colmes to your Hannity has returned! :)

Another great article. I love the in-depth analysis of why Harry probably never had any real friends until Peter.

Just a few minor quibbles, like usual...

The first time that we actually meet Harry in the regular continuity (I really don’t like the “616” term that has been floating around the net to define Marvel continuity – too much like DC’s Earth-1, Earth-2, etc.)

It's not new; they've been using that since about the mid-80s. Good thing you didn't buy the recent HANDBOOK OF ALTERNATE UNIVERSES; some of those got higher than Earth-100000!

Harry has offered Peter free digs in New York City, not once, but twice.

But that’s cool. It’s not cool if Tony Stark does it, though.

For me, personally, the difference is that Harry was offering the digs to PETER. Tony was offering them to SPIDER-MAN, and he'd be rooming not with a college age kid, but a whole bunch of other superheroes.

Anyway, can't wait!
Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby MsMarvel1 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:41 pm

It's not new; they've been using that since about the mid-80s. Good thing you didn't buy the recent HANDBOOK OF ALTERNATE UNIVERSES; some of those got higher than Earth-100000!

It's hard to imagine how anyone even REMEMBERS that they have that many universes, much less going through the trouble of picking out random numbers for each one (considering Alan Moore apparently came up with the 616 term at random in Captain Britian (I think), despite fans' attempts to find hidden meaning behind it).
MsMarvel1
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Thanos6 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Never underestimate the power of the Marvunapp. :)
Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby MadGoblin » Thu May 04, 2006 1:31 pm

Thanos - terrific to see you here! Hannity and Colmes - that's a good one. And as far as the apartment reference - the point I was making is that Peter's "everyman" status has always been stretched since day one - but some people seem selective over what violation of that status they get upset about. Living in Avengers Tower and being married to a babe like Mary Jane are stretches, but so is inventing web fluid at 15, being the Bugle's top crime photographer as a teenager, having good looking women fawn all over him consistently, a rich pal as a best friend, etc.

Ms. Marvel - Yes indeed - whenever I think of Slash, I think of you. I remember your web site. About gave this old man a heart attack...

And I'll fix the article tonight. That's why I haven't shilled it at some of the other message boards yet. It's almost enough to make a man go back to manual HTML.

Gotta dig out an avatar too - I've got a couple I really like...
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MsMarvel1 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:59 pm

I remember your web site. About gave this old man a heart attack...

And you linked to it anyway! You're so nice. :D [ponders making page that says "WARNING: May cause heart attacks in Madgoblins]

I actually have been planning to put some of the old content onto a new web site for my fanfics, but it won't be as slash-oriented. It won't have that embarrassing name anymore, anyway.
MsMarvel1
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby MadGoblin » Thu May 04, 2006 6:11 pm

Someone please do me a favor and check the article to see if the HTML is still messed up on the article. The funny thing is, on my home computer, it looks fine, but on a different computer (and obviously all of yours) it's screwed up. I tinkered with it some.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BD » Thu May 04, 2006 6:15 pm

MadGoblin wrote:Someone please do me a favor and check the article to see if the HTML is still messed up on the article. The funny thing is, on my home computer, it looks fine, but on a different computer (and obviously all of yours) it's screwed up. I tinkered with it some.

It's odd, I've never noticed any html problems. I was using firefox at home and work and still saw no problems.

FYI, love the new avatar!!!!
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby sir spidy » Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 pm

its fixed!
sir spidy