Has JR disappeared again?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

mysteriosity
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Has JR disappeared again?

Post by mysteriosity » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:03 am

*Sigh* I known it's complaining, but It's a testament to how enjoyable this man's writing is that it feels amiss when the updates just stop. I always say JR should take as much time as he needs since he writes these for free for us, my one bone of contention though is how much he seems to misjudge the way we want to see these articles if they are going to take time. Personally I would have been much more satisfied if he had done one giant update with the "Year in 2007" review all in one chunk and then vanished again (as he mulled over in part 1), it just feels rotten to have to check back on the site every week or so for the next part of the review which was sold in timely piece-meal chunks when a "coming all at once in November 2010!" banner would've been less of a pain for the reader. I just pray the Year in 2008 review doesn't pop up like a week after- for me Spider-Man ended in 2007 and that was the point after which JR could have taken his (much-deserved) break without fuss, but I digress.

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Has JR disappeared again?

Post by MadGoblin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 pm

mysteriosity wrote:*Sigh* I known it's complaining, but It's a testament to how enjoyable this man's writing is that it feels amiss when the updates just stop. I always say JR should take as much time as he needs since he writes these for free for us, my one bone of contention though is how much he seems to misjudge the way we want to see these articles if they are going to take time. Personally I would have been much more satisfied if he had done one giant update with the "Year in 2007" review all in one chunk and then vanished again (as he mulled over in part 1), it just feels rotten to have to check back on the site every week or so for the next part of the review which was sold in timely piece-meal chunks when a "coming all at once in November 2010!" banner would've been less of a pain for the reader. I just pray the Year in 2008 review doesn't pop up like a week after- for me Spider-Man ended in 2007 and that was the point after which JR could have taken his (much-deserved) break without fuss, but I digress.
Well, I never really disappeared - I'm here on the Boards and on the podcast - but I will take it as compliment that the lack of new articles is causing a bit of irritation, which is one reason I was trying to build a backlog before re-appearing again - but the best laid plans, etc. I am truly sorry.

The answer is - Parts 3 and 4 are both close to being done - but I ran into 3 complications (1) My printer/scanner/fax died after 7 years and the new one is still in the box and more to the point (2) My son's football commitments have been at least 3 times a week for the last several weeks, and this on the heels of baseball. Fortunately, I am not the coach of his football team as I was baseball (which I hope to NEVER do again)- but this is the first year I've gotten him involved in sporting activities and I underestimated the time commitment and (3) I try to keep up a steady bike riding regimen these days after my weight got out of control and my blood sugar jumped up. Fortunately, the problems of (3) have been largely remedied - but I don't want to get in that condition again.

So, time is an issue, but I am mindful of my lack of production (and I do enjoy writing them) and will see what I can do. But I will never do a "coming all at once" because I almost certainly will never be able to hold fast to any deadline. But I do thank you for your interest.

faarigia
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Re: Has JR disappeared again?

Post by faarigia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:41 am

How much would I get if I sold my ps2 in pretty good condition and three Xbox games? My ps2 is in pretty good condition, and my three Xbox games are: guitar hero three legends of the rock, Spider-Man 3, MLB 2k9. All in good condition. I know I will not get a good price back for them, but am just wondering!
We are the pioneers in providing Pass4sure 300-101 and pass4sure a+ exam exams with 100% northwood pass guarantee. Download our latestFlorida Memorial University exam of selftestengine ccna.