2007 Year in Review Part 1

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Re: 2007 Year in Review Part 1

Postby Arcane Azmadi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:54 am

The man still has it!
I don't actually read Spider-Man at the moment. But with things being like they are, why should I?

"It just goes to show, never stick your dick in a pudding. It might still be good pudding and you can spend all afternoon explaining that, but no-one's going to eat it because you stuck your dick in it!"
-Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, NOT actually talking about BND, but he might as well have been.

DEVIL-BRICK HAS COME FOR YOUR MARRIAGE!!!
Arcane Azmadi
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby raddude » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 am

As everyone says good to see you writing again, although I gotta say you pulled a shocking swerve by actually liking Back in Black after giving us a year of staring at the Back in Crap headline - lol.

It's funny I didn't buy an issue of Amazing for 10 years before Civil War (which then ended up being a rather lame story), but it took me one issue of skimming (or is it Byrne-stealing?) Back in Black to drop the title until deep into the Brand New Day era. For me any story that starts with Spidey pondering a murder is a non-starter, if only because we have seen definitatively that if there is one hero in all of Marvel who would never kills its Spidey. I mean if in the heat of the moment of seeing his girlfriend tossed off bridge and killed in front of him he can still pull himself back from the brink, then we can safely assume that's just a line Spidey will never cross under any circumstance so having him don Venom's costume and brood about killing someone for six months to me rings false even if in the final conflict he of course does not go through with it.
raddude
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Spider Spence » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:44 pm

I loved this, JR. I actually cited you (due the fact that I kept raising points you already had) in my own column:

http://www.intergalacticmedicineshow.co ... cle=_index

Here's the Brand New Day column and the One More Day column, respectively, for the interested, which were also heavily influenced by JR's thoughts:

http://www.intergalacticmedicineshow.co ... rticle=017

http://www.intergalacticmedicineshow.co ... rticle=006
Spider Spence
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Thanos6 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:01 am

JR, my man! So glad to have you back!

I'm sorry life's taken a rough turn lately. I hope everything's starting to look up now.

You still have the touch (you have the power! YEAH!...sorry, bad Transformers joke). I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing what else you have built up in the cache, as is a certain adamantium-tentacled friend of mine. He sends you best wishes, by the way. :)
Thanos6
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer