Did you ever keep up with Ultimate Spider-Man?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Arcane Azmadi
Webslinger
Webslinger

Did you ever keep up with Ultimate Spider-Man?

Post by Arcane Azmadi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 pm

OK, I know JR prominently announced he was dropping Ultimate Spider-Man after #78 and Ultimate Hobgoblin. But I'd be surprised if he didn't at least keep up to date with major developments in the series, if only out of academic interest (even if it meant just reading plot summaries off the internet). After all, he did later confess to picking up the Annual #1 at a closing-down sale and admitted it was an excellent story, so it wouldn't be much of a wonder if he picked up a few more under the right circumstances.

I confess I'm actually an Ultimate reader- I came to the Spider-Man party late, have a natural aversion to trying to follow a story where I can't read from the beginning and am not particularly impressed with the current state of the BND-era Spidey anyway. Since I'm also a big fan of MadGoblin's writing I'm also just interested in his thoughts on some of the more interesting stories of USM- especially the Ultimate Clone Saga (where a Spider-Woman was intoduced who FINALLY has an actual connection to Spider-Man, MJ got temporarily goblinised, Doc Ock got a massive power upgrade as well as a virtual promotion to the position of Peter's arch-nemesis, Gwen Stacey returned from the dead -as Carnage, no less-, Peter made his peace with Nick Fury and Aunt May found out the secret, all in less than 10 issues).

So yeah, I was just wondering...
I don't actually read Spider-Man at the moment. But with things being like they are, why should I?

"It just goes to show, never stick your dick in a pudding. It might still be good pudding and you can spend all afternoon explaining that, but no-one's going to eat it because you stuck your dick in it!"
-Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, NOT actually talking about BND, but he might as well have been.

DEVIL-BRICK HAS COME FOR YOUR MARRIAGE!!!

MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Did you ever keep up with Ultimate Spider-Man?

Post by MadGoblin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:34 am

Arcane Azmadi wrote:OK, I know JR prominently announced he was dropping Ultimate Spider-Man after #78 and Ultimate Hobgoblin. But I'd be surprised if he didn't at least keep up to date with major developments in the series, if only out of academic interest (even if it meant just reading plot summaries off the internet). After all, he did later confess to picking up the Annual #1 at a closing-down sale and admitted it was an excellent story, so it wouldn't be much of a wonder if he picked up a few more under the right circumstances.

So yeah, I was just wondering...
Nope - don't follow it even for research purposes, nor do I Bryne-steal it. All I know is what shows up in the Previews, or an occassional reference by the folks on the Crawlspace. I have heard of the events that you mentioned, but know next to nothing about the context surrounding them. I really don't care, either. It's not "real" Spider-Man (assuming that the character could ever be "real" ).

Arcane Azmadi
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: Did you ever keep up with Ultimate Spider-Man?

Post by Arcane Azmadi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:23 am

I am, as predicted, surprised.
I don't actually read Spider-Man at the moment. But with things being like they are, why should I?

"It just goes to show, never stick your dick in a pudding. It might still be good pudding and you can spend all afternoon explaining that, but no-one's going to eat it because you stuck your dick in it!"
-Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, NOT actually talking about BND, but he might as well have been.

DEVIL-BRICK HAS COME FOR YOUR MARRIAGE!!!