What article do we want to see next?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

What do you want the next 'Spidey Kicks Butt' article to be about?

Dr. Octopus
6
15%
Gwen Stacy
0
No votes
Another chapter on Norman Osborn post-Civil War
5
13%
Spidey's B-list (and down) villains (Scorpion, Vulture, Mysterio, Chameleon etc)
5
13%
J. Jonah Jameson
8
20%
Spidey's supporting cast (Aunt May, Flash Thompson, Betty Brant etc)
1
3%
Spidey's relationship with other heroes (Johnny Storm, Matt Murdock etc)
6
15%
Spider-Girl
9
23%
 
Total votes : 40

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby CrazyChris » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:32 am

Yeah, I'm mostly interested in the year-in-review updates right now.
User avatar
CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:12 am
Location: Living hell

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby Hollister4Mayor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm

What about a Clone Saga or Ben Reilly article, I don't care about those subjects but you could make me care Madgoblin!
User avatar
Hollister4Mayor
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: NYC

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby HarUman1234 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:14 am

I'd kinda like to see a clone saga one.

But Spideydude got that cover so I pick Spider-Girl.
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest."
User avatar
HarUman1234
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 am
Location: Towson MD

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby Venomaniac » Thu May 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Jameson

It has to happen JR!

Or Norman in T-Bolts and Dark Reign
Image
Image


If you liked Lost... you will love Fringe
If you liked the X-Files... you will love Fringe

http://www.fringetelevision.com/2009/11 ... ringe.html
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20649
http://www.fringebloggers.com/just-the- ... more-21165
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-se ... more-20971
If there is any sports team that Spider-Man embodies...it is the New York Islanders
The Wave Beam: shoots electric Kitty Prydes at people at the speed of light. -CrazyChris
User avatar
Venomaniac
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: Fringe Division

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby gregxb » Thu May 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, now that his stint running the "Thunderbolts," his "Dark Reign" and his "Siege" of Asgard are over, I'd love to see a new "Green With Evil" essay that covers Thunderbolts #110 to Dark Avengers #16.

Obviously, it wouldn't need to cover EVERYTHING in between. Just the essential stuff. Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, the Cabal, Iron Man: World's Most Wanted, American Son, Siege. I don't think, for example, Fantastic Four: Dark Reign, or Dark X-Men are essential.

But, J.R.'s call, either way, it will be awesome.

Hmm, potential titles:
Norman's the King of the World
The Rise and Fall of Norman Osborn

Eh, I'll shut up. J.R. knows will rock it.
Image
User avatar
gregxb
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: New York

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby MadGoblin » Fri May 21, 2010 10:35 am

gregxb wrote:Well, now that his stint running the "Thunderbolts," his "Dark Reign" and his "Siege" of Asgard are over, I'd love to see a new "Green With Evil" essay that covers Thunderbolts #110 to Dark Avengers #16.

Obviously, it wouldn't need to cover EVERYTHING in between. Just the essential stuff. Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, the Cabal, Iron Man: World's Most Wanted, American Son, Siege. I don't think, for example, Fantastic Four: Dark Reign, or Dark X-Men are essential.



[smilie=greengoblin.gif]

gregxb wrote:Hmm, potential titles:

The Rise and Fall of Norman Osborn


I believe I actually already used "The Fall of Norman Osborn" in the article that debuted after "The Pulse" story, so don't want to go there again - although I might have to rename it since people might think it's a Dark Reign or Seige related article.

gregxb wrote:
Norman's King of the World


Stop hacking into my computer. No cigar - but not too bad.
User avatar
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 pm

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby Berserkfury819 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:56 pm

If OMIT ends up being the debacle we're all expecting it to be (and I think there's a 95% chance it will be), might we see an OMIT article?
Spider-Man RIP. 1962-2007

You've pissed off my piss button- Matisleonhart

Send somebody back in time to shoot the pigeon- Kevin Cushing.

With blood and rage of crimson red
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead
Together with our Hellish hate
We'll burn you all. That is your fate


Image

Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Berserkfury819
Captain Universe
Captain Universe
 
Posts: 5422
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Skyrim

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby MadGoblin » Fri May 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Berserkfury819 wrote:If OMIT ends up being the debacle we're all expecting it to be (and I think there's a 95% chance it will be), might we see an OMIT article?


Probably not. I assume that rather than a totally game changing event like "Brand New Day," it'll just be a dreadful reconfirmation of everything that was wrong with BND.
User avatar
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 pm

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby Farley Stillwell » Sat May 22, 2010 3:45 am

At least it'll finally answer all those long asked questions. You've said in your articles before that yuo're a stickler for continuity, so surely this is a good thing? Whether you like the answers or not, at least you'll finally have them.
Farley Stillwell
 

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby tschamp » Sat May 22, 2010 9:20 am

Farley Stillwell wrote:At least it'll finally answer all those long asked questions. You've said in your articles before that yuo're a stickler for continuity, so surely this is a good thing? Whether you like the answers or not, at least you'll finally have them.


As one being a continuity fan, I don't think O.M.I.T will be fixing any continuity. It will enforce this new continuity and ignore past continuity.
tschamp
 

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby MadGoblin » Sat May 22, 2010 6:08 pm

tschamp wrote:
Farley Stillwell wrote:At least it'll finally answer all those long asked questions. You've said in your articles before that yuo're a stickler for continuity, so surely this is a good thing? Whether you like the answers or not, at least you'll finally have them.


As one being a continuity fan, I don't think O.M.I.T will be fixing any continuity. It will enforce this new continuity and ignore past continuity.


There are things I don't care about anymore. I don't care who F.A.C.A.D.E. is. I didn't care whether or not Kevin Smith finished "The Evil That Men Do." I don't care how Quentin Beck came back from the dead or if he really ever was dead. And I don't care about how Joe Q's f**ked up Spider-Man continuity came into being.
User avatar
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:42 pm

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby gregxb » Sat May 22, 2010 10:29 pm

MadGoblin wrote:
tschamp wrote:
Farley Stillwell wrote:At least it'll finally answer all those long asked questions. You've said in your articles before that yuo're a stickler for continuity, so surely this is a good thing? Whether you like the answers or not, at least you'll finally have them.


As one being a continuity fan, I don't think O.M.I.T will be fixing any continuity. It will enforce this new continuity and ignore past continuity.


There are things I don't care about anymore. I don't care who F.A.C.A.D.E. is. I didn't care whether or not Kevin Smith finished "The Evil That Men Do." I don't care how Quentin Beck came back from the dead or if he really ever was dead. And I don't care about how Joe Q's f**ked up Spider-Man continuity came into being.


Hear, hear!

I also don't care about Morlun's origins anymore, either.
Image
User avatar
gregxb
Avenger
Avenger
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: New York

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby Supaidaaman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:56 am

I personally think Jameson should be explored. The character has evolved a lot since the beginning, and we've seen him as somewhat of an anti-hero of sorts.
Supaidaaman
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:48 am

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby raddude » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 pm

I wouldn't mind a Jameson article, but I'd love to see one on Felicia, probably my favorite character in the Spidey-universe.

Although I think a quick overview on Spidey's villains would make a nice addition to the Spidey-101 section. Considering many of the villains would never get (and honestly don't need) the lengthy treatment of Norman or Venom; maybe just one big article with a paragraph or two on who these villains are and then what you consider their best/essential story to read would be nice. I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind seeing what you think is the best Lizard or Shocker (etc) story of the 40 years of them that have been published.
raddude
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby SlimCarnage » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 am

I would like to see JR's take on The Gauntlet and OMIT. By the way JR, big fan of your work.
Living on the edge, fighting crime, spinning webs...
SlimCarnage
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:03 am

cron