What article do we want to see next?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

What do you want the next 'Spidey Kicks Butt' article to be about?

Dr. Octopus
15%
Gwen Stacy
No votes
Another chapter on Norman Osborn post-Civil War
13%
Spidey's B-list (and down) villains (Scorpion, Vulture, Mysterio, Chameleon etc)
13%
J. Jonah Jameson
20%
Spidey's supporting cast (Aunt May, Flash Thompson, Betty Brant etc)
3%
Spidey's relationship with other heroes (Johnny Storm, Matt Murdock etc)
15%
Spider-Girl
23%

Total votes : 40

What article do we want to see next?

Postby Arcane Azmadi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Simple question really, what do you want the next SKB article to cover? I'm not ashamed to admit that before I found SKB I only had a passing interest in Spider-Man, but J.R's articles are so damn FASCINATING that I found myself drawn in to the entire universe.

Personally, I want to see him cover the rest of the rogue's gallery. I'm sure Doc Ock has a history worth recounting, but it's the minor guys I'd like to know more about. I'd also like to see a detailed study on jolly J. Jonah Jameson.
I don't actually read Spider-Man at the moment. But with things being like they are, why should I?

"It just goes to show, never stick your dick in a pudding. It might still be good pudding and you can spend all afternoon explaining that, but no-one's going to eat it because you stuck your dick in it!"
-Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, NOT actually talking about BND, but he might as well have been.

DEVIL-BRICK HAS COME FOR YOUR MARRIAGE!!!
Arcane Azmadi
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: What article do we want to see next?

Postby Miles_Warren » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:43 am

Anything really. lol

I'd imagine he's trying too catch up on his "Year in Review" articles. After that though who knows? I think he expressed interest in a Doc Ock article. And I would be more than fine with that...
Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby Tonyd117 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:54 am

[smilie=spidey_with_stupid.gif]

He can write about anything and I know I'll enjoy it.
Delta Tau Chi Brother - "Screamer"

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak...

"The day I feel personally offended by someone on the internet is the day I get rid of my computer." - insaneJonny
Tonyd117
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Berserkfury819 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 am

I love all of JR's articles. However, if I had to put it to a vote, I would like to see an in depth look at "Bland New Day year 2."
Spider-Man RIP. 1962-2007

You've pissed off my piss button- Matisleonhart

Send somebody back in time to shoot the pigeon- Kevin Cushing.

With blood and rage of crimson red
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead
Together with our Hellish hate
We'll burn you all. That is your fate

Berserkfury819
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby MadGoblin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 pm

I appreciate the interest. Right now, the Years in Review 2007-2009 are being written simultaneously with a somewhat related article also planned (really - 28 pages in Word and 19,000 words so far- as to why write them all together than get one done at a time - that's just the way I'm doing it and I'm stubbornly sticking to it - but I last touched in on September 10). I'm farther along on some than others, but have to steal time now from work and getting various house and yard projects before winter rears it's ugly head here in the Cleveland area, where it comes sooner rather than later. Not to mention my 8 year old son who wants to do various things with his old man, moments I have to get in before the next couple of years or so when he comes to the usual conclusion that his parents are the dumbest, most uncool fucks in the world and will want nothing to do with them.

As far as the likelihood of the possibilities you raise:

Dr. Octopus - LONG overdue, but there's more Ock material to cover than there was Norman, considering the latter was dead for 20 years. Prelim work actually done in 2004 in conjunction with movie II, but fell apart because my daughter became heavily involved in outside projects which took her mother away from home most nights of the week, leaving me the primary caregiver of a toddler. And when that time passed other projects presented themselves

Gwen Stacy - not likely in the near future since Bertone has done a Gwen series, but I might find an angle

Another chapter on Norman Osborn post-Civil War - probably not until he's dethroned from his current role, but there's always room for more Norman - he's the most requested subject even though he's been extensively covered already in SKB

Spidey's B-list (and down) villains (Scorpion, Vulture, Mysterio, Chameleon etc) - not likely

J. Jonah Jameson - that'd be a tough one, but not impossible. Did actually jot down a few ideas for it once

Spidey's supporting cast (Aunt May, Flash Thompson, Betty Brant etc) - probably not

Spidey's relationship with other heroes (Johnny Storm, Matt Murdock etc) - probably not - but then I never imagined doing a review of Spidey's team affiliations over the years so that's not impossible

Spider-Girl - I had once planned on a chapter of Alternate Spideys devoted to her, along with one on Spidey 2099, but those are faaaaar on the backburner. Keep thinking she'll get cancelled and provide a "beginning" and "end" to her story and a retrospective, but fanatics like Spideydude keep her alive.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BertoneBeatle » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 pm

MadGoblin wrote:

Gwen Stacy - not likely in the near future since Bertone has done a Gwen series, but I might find an angle

The article was in some ways inspired by JR's work as it influenced me when as a teenager (yeah JR was influencing youths...lookout). I doubt he even remembers but I sent him EARLY drafts (like 5 or 6 years ago) for him to proofread and add some insight.
BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Postby MadGoblin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:44 pm

BertoneBeatle wrote:
MadGoblin wrote:

The article was in some ways inspired by JR's work as it influenced me when as a teenager (yeah JR was influencing youths...lookout). I doubt he even remembers but I sent him EARLY drafts (like 5 or 6 years ago) for him to proofread and add some insight.

Oh, but I do remember. I gave you the opening line "She is best remembered for dying" or something like that...
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 666andahalf » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 pm

I'd love to see articles on Spider-Girl... or to keep it goblin-related, the Hobgoblin's inclusion in the mythos.
"With great power... comes great fun!" - Topher Grace describing Venom.

"Venom is Eddie Brock and the alien symbiote. Anyone else is not Venom. You can call it Venom, it can look like Venom... it's not going to be Venom." - David Michelinie

Kevin Cushing wrote:Bad writing is Venom's greatest weakness.
666andahalf
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby Shadow116 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Honestly, I don't mind what article I see next, I'll be happy enough if J.R. can give us a few more to enjoy.

As far as my poll vote however, I voted Norman of course [smilie=greengoblin.gif] .
Last edited by Shadow116 on Sat May 22, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
With great power there must also come great responsibility.

The Friendly Neighborhood Writer

Delta House Member: BLUES

Shadow116
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby slave83b » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:02 pm

What, no option for Year in Review 2007? [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]

Honestly, I'll take whatever J.R. has to offer, though the possibilities I specifically remember him hinting at are Doc Ock, Black Cat and the Clone Saga.

Of those three, I think I'd be most interested in a Black Cat series. That said, I'd also like to see a continuation of the Venom articles, though I completely understand if he would rather avoid (or at least delay) going through the post-Lethal Protector symbiote mayhem that was the mid 90s. Let's just say I'll be shocked if he voluntarily rereads Maximum Carnage before the Clone Saga.
Delta House Member - Nacho

"I have never been to a freak show or taken acid, but this is what I imagine doing both at once must be like." - CrazyChris

slave83b
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby Spider-Dad » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Anything JR writes is worth the wait. It was his articles that eventually steered me to this awesome site...

As to my vote, I went with JJJ. This character has gone from the clown to the occassional business man version, to a raving lunatic, back to a clown and now mayor. There is more to this character than Marvel consistently presents and could lead itself to an interesting review.

Of course, I year in review is always welcome...
Spider-Dad
Delta House Member - "Snapper"
Spider-Dad
Avenger
Avenger

Postby matthewmatt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Well, ANY article by dear Mr MadGoblin is highly anticipated in my book, but my vote went to JJJ. I mean - when the day comes and I will sit down, in front of my PC, on a warm, summer evening and read JR's analysis of the most complex relationship in Spidey's universe... Now That'll be the day... :D
Well, isn't this absurd? ------------------------------------ Perverted Payne Proudly Presents

matthewmatt
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Antiyonder » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:30 am

I look forward to anything by JR. But as far as the choices presented goes, Spidey's relationship with Daredevil and The Human Torch.

But one I think would be good for some laughs would be to do some articles on SM's funniest moments and funniest quips.
Antiyonder: No relation to The Anti-Beyonder from the non existing Amalgam Comics Miniseries "Secret Crisis Of The Infinity Hour #1-12"

Animaniacs "Turkey Jerky"

Miles Standish "Be gone pests, and give me the bird."
Yakko "We'd love to, really, but the Fox Censors won't allow it."
Antiyonder
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby SuperChencho » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Spider-girl. That's where the real continuity lies nowadays.
Sch
SuperChencho
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Spideydude » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 pm

MadGoblin wrote: Spider-Girl - I had once planned on a chapter of Alternate Spideys devoted to her, along with one on Spidey 2099, but those are faaaaar on the backburner. Keep thinking she'll get cancelled and provide a "beginning" and "end" to her story and a retrospective, but fanatics like Spideydude keep her alive.

FOOL! I do it for the good of mankind!
*puts on straight jacket*
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator