Proving that JR is always right...

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Proving that JR is always right...

Postby Spideydude » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:29 am

"So certainly, the GG [Green Goblin] could hardly be any reason for me quitting Marvel"

"Now digest this: I knew from Day One, from the first GG story, who the GG would be... I planted him in J. Jonah Jameson's businessman's club."

"I planted the GG's son (same distinct hair style) in the college issues..."

From Steve himself.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Postby Dr_Folsome » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:44 am

SD-

Whats up with this? Who said these things? Whats the significance?

Check out my Norman Osborn website at The Green Goblin's Hideout

Dr_Folsome
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby Kevin Cushing » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:57 am

I'm betting he means Steve Ditko, not to ever be confused with Steve Wacker.
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby BertoneBeatle » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:53 pm

Cool. When did he say this?

Sure clears up alot of myths?

And when will people learn JR is ALWAYS right?
BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Spideydude » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:17 pm

Sorry, I should've made it clear that It was our favorite recluse, Ditko. I got it off of that other Message Board, heres the post:

One of the commenters on that article (who runs this very cool blog: http://ditko.blogspot.com/ ) kindly posted a few quotes from Ditko's most recent article in Robin Snyder's "The Comics", where he amongst other things, is bitchign about Marvel's breaking the 'toys' and pissing all over the costume.

The Marvel editorial mind could really try to “smash” the Law of Identity–A is A–of man as a hero, by smashing not the second, merely conventional hero label–Spider-Man–but what some editors tried to “smash” with the new Spider-Man costume: his visual identity, with a different, anti-Spider-Man costume, but the original costume, its identity, its reality, the original creation, is the original creation, the visual, existing Spider-Man, and that “status quo” identity stymies them if Spider-Man is Spider-Man.

They need that original creation because they still want, need, to keep feeding off the two labels: super hero, Spider-Man, and my costume design, off the “toy” believed, held, as a “trifle”.

So as much as the “status quo” Marvel editorial mentalities act to destroy, want to have them “smashed” to create “broken” pieces, those identities continue to mock, ridicule, their motive and their anti-hero, anti-mind behavior.

But the Quote Mentioned in my original post is from The Comics, a small press newsletter published monthly by Robin Snyder.
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Postby gregxb » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:45 pm

Wait, wait, wait... Ditko ALWAYS PLANNED FOR THE GG TO BE NORMAN?

Huh.
gregxb
Avenger
Avenger

Postby BertoneBeatle » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:46 pm

There goes the Ned Leeds theory
BertoneBeatle
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Spideydude » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 pm

I read into it that Norman was planned by Stan and Steve. Steve started to plant him in the issues, and then set up that he was Osborn. It seems that the theory that he wanted him to be a nobody, someone in the Background.

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CrazyChris » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:37 pm

I've always been saying that the problem with modern comics was too much anti-mind behavior
CrazyChris
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby Ratchetdeam30 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 pm

I love that JR has the aura of being right. He's very funny and entertaining all the time so I'm just chiming in with my opiniions. Keep up the good work, Madgoblin.
Delta House Member: Boomstick

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Ratchetdeam30
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer