"Bland New Day " now up

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Postby Donomark » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 pm

I feel like a dope, because I JUST TODAY saw the new article. There' not much I can say that hasn't been said already, JR did a KICK-ASS JOB. [smilie=spidey_clap.gif] [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif] . I would appreciate it if someone posted a link to people talking about the article on NEWSARAMA, since you guys talked about that on the podcast.
Donomark
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Miles_Warren » Sun May 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi I read your article a while back and I loved every bit of it. Just like a lot of people that have responded in this thread, I loved the comparions you made to BND and the '99 reboot. I didn't even realise how alike they were until you mentioned it. But then again I'm not even collecting the comic so there ya go... :lol:

I've been hoping that Harry Osborn would return to the Spidey comics one day but by Jaysus I didn't want him back like this. What is he like? Three divorces and sporting an earring? Are you FREAKING kidding me. This was the second Green Goblin we're talking about here. An Osborn. I feel like slapping the guy (if he wasn't made out of paper). I wonder how Norman feels.

Wasn't Harry always portrayed as a family man who adored his wife and son? Just another personaility switch Quesada and co. have implemented in this garbage. Let's hope the binmen come early and throw this in the incinerator so we can get back to decent storylines and (more importantly) SPOT ON characterisation....
Miles_Warren
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby ScarletSpider1138 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Methinks this Harry is a Skrull.

That's the standard Marvel explanation for someone acting OOC, right??

Actually, to be honest I think BND Harry is Mephisto.
If I just read ASM #1-38 over and over again, it's like Ditko never left... right, guys? Guys... ?
ScarletSpider1138
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby Bevie » Mon May 05, 2008 9:42 am

Ha! I'm hoping that Harry is Mephisto and the new Spidey is a skrull who doesn't know he's a skrull!

Fat chance though, eh?

I TRUST J.R. FETTINGER (don't know how to make those thingies at the bottom of posts) [smilie=greengoblin.gif]
Bevie
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby George Berryman » Mon May 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Bevie wrote:I TRUST J.R. FETTINGER (don't know how to make those thingies at the bottom of posts) [smilie=greengoblin.gif]

We'll fix that.

Click on 'Profile' towards the top of the page.

Where it says 'signature' type the follwing without the spaces in the brackets:

[ img ]http://h1.ripway.com/berryg2005/SecretJR.jpg[ /img ]

Then towards the bottom of the page hit the 'Submit' button and that should get it done :)
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bevie » Tue May 06, 2008 11:39 am

Thanks a lot George. I'll see if it works for me with this post I guess.

YAY! It really works! Thanks again George. ( I trust you too).
Bevie
Webslinger
Webslinger

Postby George Berryman » Tue May 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Bevie wrote:Thanks a lot George. I'll see if it works for me with this post I guess.

You're welcome! I'm glad at least one person does! :)
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MadGoblin » Wed May 07, 2008 4:01 am

George Berryman wrote:
Bevie wrote:Thanks a lot George. I'll see if it works for me with this post I guess.

You're welcome! I'm glad at least one person does! :)

How can you not trust a person who has a bear named after them? I think my mother still has Georgie, the Hero Realm Bear.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby George Berryman » Wed May 07, 2008 7:03 am

MadGoblin wrote:How can you not trust a person who has a bear named after them? I think my mother still has Georgie, the Hero Realm Bear.

Trivia: we actually tried to get Cafe Press to put a plastic model of my head and face in place of Georgie the Hero Realm Bear's head.

It didn't test well in a key demographic: "people and/or animals, living or dead." :cry:
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Spider-Dad » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:42 pm

Madgoblin,

Been reading your Spidey Kicks Butt site for years and it is articles like this one that finally had me join Spider-Man Crawlspace. My feelings on the whole OMD/BND storyline could not have been summed up better. I am still collecting Spider-Man, but only by a thread (no pun intended).

Let's hope that Spider-Man is not the new Archie, (as you mentioned in OMD review) where the character remains stuck in the mud and not progressing.

Keep up the great work..

Spider-Dad
Spider-Dad
Avenger
Avenger

Postby Bumblemus Prime » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 am

I love your articles, MadGoblin. I just did a Brand New Day review over athttp://www.intergalacticmedicineshow. ... rticle=017

I want to see what you thought of the rest of the year--a pretty big letdown all around, especially in New Ways to Die, which just seemed ready to destroy any dignity left to Eddie Brock.
Bumblemus Prime
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Kevin Cushing » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:04 am

Hey Bumblemus, I wouldn't presume to answer for JR but I just wanted to let you know that he's been too busy with real life to do an article for some time now, but you can hear his thoughts on each month's new issues of Amazing Spider-Man on our podcast every month. If you haven't checked it out trust me, JR can make for some fun listening!
Join my page on Facebook to keep up to date with all writing projects, podcasts, and everything else I'm involved in!

"The ground quakes and the heavens cry tears of blood when Kevin gives out his brand of Crawlspace justice. Babies cry, grown men avert their eyes, women pass out and even the wind gives pause. Kevin’s eyes glow and lightning crackles around them. It’s pretty epic and definitely not for the timid." - Michael Bailey
Kevin Cushing
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby spidertour02 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Kevin Cushing wrote:he's been too busy with real life to do an article for some time now

If only he would half-ass it like most internet columnists, he could do at least one a month. :wink:

The man certainly knows how to fill the page.
spidertour02

Postby MadGoblin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Bumblemus Prime wrote:I love your articles, MadGoblin. I just did a Brand New Day review over athttp://www.intergalacticmedicineshow. ... rticle=017

I want to see what you thought of the rest of the year--a pretty big letdown all around, especially in New Ways to Die, which just seemed ready to destroy any dignity left to Eddie Brock.

This has been a thoroughly mediocre year, although I wouldn't put it in a "worst ever" category.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby max » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:17 pm

Anyway i have seen it, the whole BND and post-BND is like Madgoblin stated in his article: it is mediocre. I´ve heard a couple of guys saying to me:dude, you tottally have to read the new storylines! and i was like, i read them and frankly it just... don´t take the character anywhere with it. No good writting no trascendental moments no... nothing. Can´t understand why it is ok that Pete is with MJ in alternate Universes but they can´t be together in the 616 Universe... A married Spider-Man is a bad Spider-Man. FINE, they have been crying abou it for over a decade... A DECADE!!! but why destroy their relationship? Why can´t they just be boyfriends?Because good ol´Spidey is a big time looser/geek named Peter and he can´t have the girl? I tought that was completely over. As i recall , my favorite (and many others favorites too) storylines involved MJ. They were married. When will writers learn it is FICTION [smilie=spidey_shrug.gif] , a character can´t be bad or good or be a problem or a solution, IT´S THE WRITTING. You can have great stories with a married Spidey as easily as you can have great stories with a single Spidey. [smilie=greengoblin.gif]
max
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer