Writer/Artist Specific Articles

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Writer/Artist Specific Articles

Postby Funnykay » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi there everyone the Scotsman of Surrey here just wanting to ask JR if he'd ever consider doing writer/artist specific articles?
So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee
Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Re: Writer/Artist Specific Articles

Postby MadGoblin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:38 pm

funnykay wrote:Hi there everyone the Scotsman of Surrey here just wanting to ask JR if he'd ever consider doing writer/artist specific articles?

Not really. I think I cover a lot of detail in the Year In Review articles that specific writer articles aren't necessary. And talking about art is definitely not my thing.
MadGoblin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Funnykay » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:32 am

How about one on Marvel Team Up?
So, who's the real sicko, America? Me, for carrying out this little prank? The producers and executives at the network, who let it all happen-- or is it you people, who mindlessly watched it all on your television sets? - The Joker
No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even Gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it. - Sosuke Aizen
Smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute plans in my book. - Walter White
Look straight ahead. Look squarely at the people you're killing. And don't forget them. Never...forget them. Because they won't forget you.
- Solf J. Kimblee
Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger

Postby slave83b » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:47 pm

Maybe a better approach to this sort of idea would be to focus on a significant run by a particular writer or writer/artist team (for example, Lee/Ditko or Michelinie's run on Amazing). That way, you could avoid the more recent stuff, which is more than adequately covered by the Year in Review articles. Plus, it would allow you to pay more attention to the story, which is clearly your thing.
slave83b
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Postby Funnykay » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:34 am

That's kind of what I meant. I'd like to here your views on why you like Stan Lee, Marv Wolfman, & Roger Stern's run so much.
- Solf J. Kimblee
Funnykay
Avenger
Avenger