SKB Update - One More Day

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Postby George Berryman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:30 pm

PBR wrote: Bah, I'm actually in favour of the change as I think it will offer new creator/story potential, but it was just SO ham-fistedly done that, well its turned me into a conspiracy nut!

You are giving Quesada waaay too much credit. He really is just predictable.
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PBR » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:42 pm

George Berryman wrote:
PBR wrote: Bah, I'm actually in favour of the change as I think it will offer new creator/story potential, but it was just SO ham-fistedly done that, well its turned me into a conspiracy nut!

You are giving Quesada waaay too much credit. He really is just predictable.

You're probably right - its just hard for me to accept the level of idiocy that exists in the world sometimes. It's like with George Bush and the whole "misunderestimating" thing; either he's a moron or he's carefully cultivated a folksy everyman sort of image, and I'd prefer not to believe that someone with such a limited grasp of english is in charge of the most powerful nation on earth.
PBR
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby Wichmann » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:51 am

Madgoblin always makes me feel reaaaaaaaally old, at age 22 [smilie=spidey_lol.gif]
I grew up with a married Spiderman. How am I supposed to relate to anything else?
[smilie=spidey_not_kidding.gif]

I really like these smilies...

Actually the British publish something called "Spiderman kids", which features no continuity what so ever. The Danish editor presented it as "Spiderman for the 10-12 year olds".
I have no idea, if this has been published in the US, but you would have thought that it would have kept everyone satisfied.

The last two years, I've been buying more Spiderman comics than ever before. But not the new stuff. Only back issues. If everyone does that, I guess it would explain why Marvel would want to return to the feel of that time, when Spidey was really a big seller.

Oh, and check out this: http://www.spiderfan.org/cgi-bin/fun.pl
Wichmann
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby vid » Tue May 20, 2008 9:28 pm

A very late reply I know but something I wanted to comment on...about the theory that one more day makes it easier to attract high profile talent whom want to write generic stories and not be bogged down by continuity.

Well DC has done elseworld stories or stories out of continuity for a while now (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns). I don't think the idea is particularly unique but as a theory I don't see how spidey at any point in his history prevented big name talent from writing stories about him without worrying about continuity. Just give them their own limited series and clearly establish that it's out of continuity. Surely if a writer does not want to worry about continuity they won't care about the fact that their story isn't part of the main Spider-man continuity.

I don't think One More Day makes any difference in attracting big name talent.
vid
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer