Ultimate Spider-Man: Is it an all-ages book?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Wombat 909
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Wombat 909 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Valo wrote:
Wombat 909 wrote:On the latest issue it has a "A" and thats 9 and up which what I would say as it has sexual references and uses the word "Crap" alot so no. Its a 9 and up book.

When Ultimate Spider-Man started out it didn't have a rating. Not until issue #79, which the rating was T+ (for teen). And it remain like that until issue #85.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it have to do with a letter in issue #84, about a 4 year-old having a crush on Elektra.

I'm guess that "A" mean for young adult. Since, "M" is for adult/mature.
Still Ultimate Spider-Man does have some sexual references, but not enough to call it mature.
That was a funny letter.
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Marvelfan11
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Post by Marvelfan11 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:40 pm

I believe that USM is comic for mature 11 and 12 year olds, but mostly 13+. The good thing about the title is that 12 year olds and such love it and 30+ year olds love it too.

Honestly it depends how mature the kid is. I watched Austin Powers when i was like 3 and Matrix when I was 5. USM was nothing compared to that stuff, but some kids parents dont allow them to watch PG-13 movies and such till they are 13 so they will take it differently and would probably have to read it at 13 while i could read it at 9 or so and be of with it.
BBB:Bring Ben Back!

ScarletSpider1138
Webslinger
Webslinger

Post by ScarletSpider1138 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 pm

I found that USM seems to be written for an audience who are the age Peter is in the book.

Not that it makes it any better. I could complain about 7 issues passing with nothing happening, but it's not like regular comics are any better these days.

Sorry, Marvel's built up a huge amount of ill will in me lately.

I had practically given up on Spidey until the new TV show came out and I became Born Again, if you catch my meaning.
If I just read ASM #1-38 over and over again, it's like Ditko never left... right, guys? Guys... ?