Podcast # 475 Spider-News What Did You Think?

Leave a Message to BD, general notes about the site, or ask a question on the podcast!

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, stillanerd

BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Podcast # 475 Spider-News What Did You Think?

Post by BD » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:57 am

What did you think of the show?

The opening song is here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36flovJEPPk&t=1s
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WolfCypher
Webslinger
Webslinger

Re: Podcast # 475 Spider-News What Did You Think?

Post by WolfCypher » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:32 am

Are Youtube episodes still a thing?
George Berryman wrote:Marvel is the North Korea of comic books.

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:59 pm

The YouTube episodes are *the* thing now. They get released before the podcasts and the podcasts are now the audio taken from the YouTube episodes. This particular podcast contains the audio from like the last hour of the most recent video podcast. Brad took August off to get ready for the new school year.

We'll be recording again (or I guess it's more accurate to say 'broadcasting on YouTube') in September. I think September will also be the first episodes of Spidey Friday Night Fights on YouTube. They lagged because we already had a few recorded from before the YouTube broadcasting started. [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
--George Berryman (Delta House Member 'Bear' - Join Us Now!),
"Old School"

Cheesedique
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Cheesedique » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:31 pm

George, I know you were asking for requests awhile back (though not lately), but would you ever consider covering the awesome Spidey Vs. SHIELD fight from PPTSSM #118 on Friday Night Fights?

Masked Guy
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Masked Guy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:52 am

Hey, George, would you consider covering the Tombstone battle from Spectacular Spider-Man vol. 1 #142 for Friday Night Fights? It's a very underrated story and battle that happens to be one of my favorites.

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:10 am

Cheesedique wrote:George, I know you were asking for requests awhile back (though not lately), but would you ever consider covering the awesome Spidey Vs. SHIELD fight from PPTSSM #118 on Friday Night Fights?
That's such a horribly sad story!! :( Yeah we can cover that! [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
Masked Guy wrote:Hey, George, would you consider covering the Tombstone battle from Spectacular Spider-Man vol. 1 #142 for Friday Night Fights? It's a very underrated story and battle that happens to be one of my favorites.
I covered that one on Spidey Friday Night Fights before we turned it into a podcast, many moons ago! Over 7 years ago in fact! (WOW have I been around here that long?! :shock: )

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2010 ... -takedown/

We've highlighted things I'd covered as a write-up before and we haven't done Tombstone on a podcast FNF yet so yeah! We can definitely cover that! smilie=spidey_lol.gif
"Old School"

Masked Guy
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Masked Guy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:23 pm

George Berryman wrote:I covered that one on Spidey Friday Night Fights before we turned it into a podcast, many moons ago! Over 7 years ago in fact! (WOW have I been around here that long?! :shock: )

We've highlighted things I'd covered as a write-up before and we haven't done Tombstone on a podcast FNF yet so yeah! We can definitely cover that! smilie=spidey_lol.gif
Thanks, George! I'm looking forward to that particular podcast!

Spideydude
Administrator
Administrator
Location: Texas Panhandle Chapter of the Crawl Space Command Center

Post by Spideydude » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:45 pm

George Berryman wrote:
Cheesedique wrote:George, I know you were asking for requests awhile back (though not lately), but would you ever consider covering the awesome Spidey Vs. SHIELD fight from PPTSSM #118 on Friday Night Fights?
That's such a horribly sad story!! :( Yeah we can cover that! [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]
Masked Guy wrote:Hey, George, would you consider covering the Tombstone battle from Spectacular Spider-Man vol. 1 #142 for Friday Night Fights? It's a very underrated story and battle that happens to be one of my favorites.
I covered that one on Spidey Friday Night Fights before we turned it into a podcast, many moons ago! Over 7 years ago in fact! (WOW have I been around here that long?! :shock: )

10 years son!
This Post was Brought to you by... Spideydude! Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator!
Check out My Exclusive Online SeriesCrawl Space Avengers!
CSA Member Since 2003 Delta House Member: Cyclone

JR Fettingers Marvel:I'd hire Spideydude to be me at conventions, with his cowboy hat, a cigar sticking out of his mouth, and a beer in his hand because he would certainly look a lot "cooler" and "more relatable" to the fanbase that a short, gray haired middle aged man.

George Berryman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by George Berryman » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Spideydude wrote:10 years son!
I just checked and yeah! This December... 10 years! Holy Crap! :shock:
BY THE WAY! We've decided to do these two issues for the next two Friday Night Fights, which we will be covering live tomorrow on the Crawl Space YouTube channel tomorrow at 9pm! smilie=spidey_lol.gif

EDIT: Here's the video! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXa5jHrUSEE
"Old School"

Cheesedique
Avenger
Avenger

Post by Cheesedique » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:08 pm

George Berryman wrote:
Spideydude wrote:10 years son!
I just checked and yeah! This December... 10 years! Holy Crap! :shock:
BY THE WAY! We've decided to do these two issues for the next two Friday Night Fights, which we will be covering live tomorrow on the Crawl Space YouTube channel tomorrow at 9pm! smilie=spidey_lol.gif

EDIT: Here's the video! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXa5jHrUSEE
Checked most of this out live last night, watched the rest. Sorry it wasn't a good fight haha. I always thought it was a pretty badass issue.

I never read the Hulk follow-up story (which CBR recently ran a piece on), but in Spectacular #128, Spider-Man again runs into the d-bag SHIELD agent that ordered Alexander gunned down. Guy got fired by Nick Fury, works as a mercenary for Silver Sable's Wild Pack, and Spidey completely covers him in webbing, leaving only his mouth exposed so he can breathe! [smilie=spidey_cheers.gif]

Masked Guy
Black Suit Spidey
Black Suit Spidey

Post by Masked Guy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:18 pm

Thank you very much for covering my request and for the shout out, George and Brad. I'm glad you both agree that it's a great fight (and story).

PeterLal
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Podcast # 475 Spider News What Did You Think

Post by PeterLal » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm

hey i like how u did the chalkboard with the Grabs hand on the second frame

Nice Work man
8/10