Podcast # 473-Spider-Satellite Reviews What Did You think?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Podcast # 473-Spider-Satellite Reviews What Did You think?

Postby BD » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:55 pm

What did you think of the show?

The opening song is here

BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Podcast # 473-Spider-Satellite Reviews What Did You thin

Postby Masked Guy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:50 pm

I actually really liked this latest issue of Renew Your Vows. Mary Jane's conflict concerning siphoning Peter's powers and nearly getting him killed was interesting and I understand why she made her decision. She thought she was doing the right thing and even has a scene where she converses with her friends about insecurities and doubts about her contributions to her marriage. I understand the complaints about her not recognizing the symbiote, but it didn't really bother me. As far as Mary Jane know, Liz Allen is a good person who can be trusted, so she didn't have any reason to suspect that Liz would intentionally give her something dangerous. Keep in mind that Mary Jane is still very new at the superhero gig and is going to make some mistakes along the way.

GRADE: A-

As for the launch of Spectacular Spider-Man...what a disappointment. The entire issue felt like an excuse to throw jokes around on every other page. Unfortunately, none of them were really that humorous in my opinion. I also find it very irritating that this is a brand new Spidey series and we're already getting appearances from Ant Man and Ironheart. This is one of the exact same problems with Amazing right now; too many characters. Regarding Rebeca London...who cares? Judging from what we've seen here, she has no chemistry with Spider-Man and just comes off as a prop to tell more jokes. While I'm hesitant to say that this issue was outright bad, it certainly wasn't good. This is not a strong start for the book.

GRADE: C-
Masked Guy
Webslinger
Webslinger