Podcast # 471-Homecoming Review what did you think?

Discuss your thoughts on the articles written by J.R. Fettinger from the www.spideykicksbutt.com website.

Moderators: PartyHardy, BD, MadGoblin

Podcast # 471-Homecoming Review what did you think?

Postby BD » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 pm

What did you think of the show?

The opening song is here.
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Podcast # 471-Homecoming Review what did you think?

Postby Big Al » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 am

Long story short for my views on the movie.

Good movie terrible adaptation.

This isn't the only way to acknowledge the wider MCu in a solo Spider movie at all.

He was too much like Miles and the bumbling git that is the USM cartoon Spider-Man.

Proof positive that Marvel in ALL divisions (not just publishing and TV) fundamentally do not understand the character.

Keaton rocked hard

The costume looked awesome especially when there was no jackassy gadget shit going on

The Shocker's powerset was underutilized

If Zendaya is to be some weird alternate take on Mj they royally fucked up

Holland didn't feel like the character until the last third of the movie

They screwed up the Master Planner Trilogy moment by making it a homage as opposed to adapting it. People forget this but the power of that moment is half him lifting the stuff off his back and half all the stuff leading up to it. It's not good enough to just put crap on his back.

There is potential to walk forward with legitimate Spider-Man movies in the future but we won't get them for awhile at best.

I wrote way more on Zach's website.

http://www.spidey-dude.com/?p=5292

http://www.spidey-dude.com/?p=5298
Delta House Member Gimli

https://40.media.tumblr.com/2e65cb18213b8d4bf704dca08169e49c/tumblr_nz9jrqvyRA1she6m6o1_400.jpg

"The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout. Down came the Goblin and took the spider out. "

Joey Z was F.A.C.A.D.E.

THIS: http://hellzyeahthewebwieldingavenger.tumblr.com/post/77268781356/the-debate-norman-osborn-vs-otto-octavius-who-is-the

My secret identity is: Ubertestosterone90sArnieAvenger....-Man
Big Al
Captain Universe
Captain Universe

Postby starwolf_oakley » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Crawlspacers,

You wondered who should be cast as the MCU Uncle Ben in a flashback/dream sequence. I think Feige and Co. should continue what was (unknowingly) started with Cliff Robertson and Martin Sheen: Cast an actor who once played John F. Kennedy. (Robertson in "PT 109" and Sheen in the 1983 miniseries "Kennedy.")

A few actors who could work include James Marsden, Greg Kinnear, Rob Lowe, Bruce Greenwood and Patrick Dempsey.

Regarding Ned Leeds being Ganke, keep in mind superhero movies have been doing character amalamation for a while. The 1989 Batman movie had a Vicki Vale who looked and acted more like Silver St. Cloud.

Starwolf Oakley
starwolf_oakley
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Postby BD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:20 pm

I like your suggestion of Bruce Greenwood a lot!
BD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spider-Man Crawl Space Webmaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BD
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby stillanerd » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:36 am

Yeah, I agree Bruce Greenwood would definitely be an excellent choice. Although after the podcast, I thought an ideal younger Uncle Ben for Marisa Tomei's younger Aunt May would be Kevin Bacon. Which would be both funny and sweet, considering Star-Lord described Kevin Bacon as Earth's greatest hero in Guardians of the Galaxy.
--Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Delta House Member "Badger"

Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow!
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

"You know what I hate? Country Music! I don't know what country it's from, but it sure as hell ain't mine!" --from MAD TV

Facebook (a.k.a. my secret identity)

stillanerd
Administrator
Administrator